Author Topic: Bathgate-Gate - A New Twist On The Phrase 'Hunt Saboteur' ?  (Read 11689 times)

Offline Spectre

• Hello !
Re: Bathgate-Gate - A New Twist On The Phrase 'Hunt Saboteur' ?
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 11:45:43 AM »
In the Robert Buckland column, Swindon Advertiser today, he says "To hear a senior politician say "sorry" is welcome and refreshing".

I wonder if, when writing this, he glanced over to the North Swindon section of the shared constituency office. :coffee:

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »
Those who have deliberately mislead the public should resign.

Now.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »
and so it continues:

Blogged: Swindon's Ministry of Truth: Councillors Re-writing History of WiFi-Lies?

Extract:

"Yesterday it became apparent that Councillor Andrew Bennett, a Conservative member of the Swindon Borough Council Scrutiny Committee, was hurriedly telling anyone who would listen that Deputy Leader of Swindon Borough Council & Director of Digital City (UK) Ltd Cllr Garry Perkins had not claimed that members of the public were responsible for Enterprising Bathgates rejection of Digital City, but had instead told the scrutiny committee that the rejection was caused by ‘media coverage’ of the WiFi’asco."

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 11:41:13 PM »
Top blogging Geoff.

:clap:
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Ringer

Did Margaret Thatcher Open Door For www.talkswindon.org ?
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 08:13:01 AM »
Perhaps Bon Neill MP should be reading talkswindon and learn about Hyper Local here?
Councils should open up their public meetings to local news 'bloggers' and routinely allow online filming of public discussions as part of increasing their transparency, Local Government Secretary Eric Pickles said.

Local Government Minister Bob Neill has written to all councils urging greater openness and calling on them to adopt a modern day approach so that credible community or 'hyper-local' bloggers and online broadcasters get the same routine access to council meetings as the traditional accredited media have.

This move builds upon the Private Members Bill, Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, which Mrs Thatcher sponsored 50 years ago and guaranteed press access to council meetings.Eric Pickles said:

"Fifty years ago, Margaret Thatcher changed the law to make councils open their meetings to the press and public. This principle of openness needs to be updated for the 21st Century. More and more local news comes from bloggers or citizen journalists telling us what is happening at their local council.  Many councils are internet-savvy and stream meetings online, but some don't seem to have caught up with the times and are refusing to let bloggers or hyper-local news sites in. With local authorities in the process of setting next year's budget this is more important than ever.

http://www.conservatives.com/News/News_stories/2011/02/Bloggers_must_have_access_to_council_meetings.aspx

Is it a case of Thatcher kicks Pickles who then follows whilst TS leads?  :popcorn:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline DavidPayne

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 04:24:45 PM »
A reliable 'Fly-on-the-wall' told me last night that Mr. Hunt's lavish house in Belmont Crescent has been up for sale for some time, the price now conspicuously reduced in a seeming fever for a sale.

Can't imagine that it is in any way a gesture (or claim) in support of Local Authority interests, so one's imagination 'runs' in different directions.

Anyone else disposed to imagine?

Offline Ringer

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 05:23:06 PM »
I think that this has been doing the rounds since October but are we really interested or should others be more interested?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline DavidPayne

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »
I think that this has been doing the rounds since October but are we really interested or should others be more interested?

I am not sure who you mean by 'we' and 'others'.

(This) One's hackles bristle a bit in a situation as this, where significant private assets are being manoeuvred, voluntarily or otherwise?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 01:15:24 AM »

I am not sure who you mean by 'we' and 'others'.

(This) One's hackles bristle a bit in a situation as this, where significant private assets are being manoeuvred, voluntarily or otherwise?

I wouldn't worry about what Ringer says Dave, he tends to talk in code, rarely ventures an opinion and always ends a sentence with a question mark.

Don't include me with Ringers royal 'we'.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 08:47:03 AM »
My opinion for what it is worth, I am more interested in where the Avidity shares have gone.  :fish:

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 09:03:39 AM »
More importantly I wonder who else is preparing to bale as well?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 01:24:52 PM »
I am more interested in where the Avidity shares have gone.

Hi Ringer - why?

Offline Ringer

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 01:30:24 PM »
Des
Has the council got its hands on all the shares now?

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 05:38:23 PM »
I don't believe so. I actually don't think they necessarily want them either.  If they hold 70% of the shares the actual relationship between SBC and DC changes. Not for the good in terms of scrutiny.

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 05:42:34 PM »
I have today been informed of the following by the Council ;

1. No officer of the Council (CEO, Director or political assistant or any assistant to any of the foregoing) has made an FOI request to West Lothian.

2. No councillor (53 out of 59) including all cabinet members has made an FOI request to West Lothian

Make of this what you will

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 09:59:42 PM »

Given that he publicly stated he had, or would submit one, I think it was reasonable to assume Cllr Perkins had actually authored, or cause to be authored, the FoI to West lothian council which referred to me, Chris Watts, Des Morgan and Steve Wakefield.

I didn't bother pursuing the identity of the author because I assumed a serving councillor or officer or director would have just enough wit to cover their arse by getting a 3rd party to submit the FoI for them.

Not bothered. Pinnochio Perkins said he was going to, so if he didn't actually do it, it was just another bullshit and his nose grew a little bit longer :)

ph1lc

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2011, 08:52:39 AM »
I don't believe so. I actually don't think they necessarily want them either.  If they hold 70% of the shares the actual relationship between SBC and DC changes. Not for the good in terms of scrutiny.

If the Council own all the shares they will have to publish full accounts.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:06 PM »

Bump.