Author Topic: Where's Councillor Dickinson Living Now?  (Read 3675 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Where's Councillor Dickinson Living Now?
« on: November 15, 2010, 01:49:15 PM »

I understand Cllr Dickinson moved out of his Eastcott home some time ago, and I've been patiently waiting for his contact details on the SBC website to be updated accordingly.

During his 2007 election campaign Cllr Dickinson and at least one of his canvassers led voters in Freshbrook and Grangepark to believe he would be moving into the ward so I was a bit surprised when an estate agent pal of mine thought Cllr Dickinson was the same chap he'd shown round a house in Walcot.

So, where do I send his 'Welcome to your new home' card?

Offline Muggins

Re: Where's Councillor Dickinson Living Now?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 02:03:57 PM »
Whoops, what estate agent, I don't want to use that one if I move.....
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 02:30:33 PM »
While we're waiting for info on Tricky Dickies domestic whereabouts, let's have another look at the 2007 LibDem 'X' Factor leaflet which was distributed throughout Freshbrook & Grangepark.

The LibDems called Michael an 'A Tory from Old Town' who 'Lives miles away'.

I'm just interested to learn whether Michael will become known as the 'Invisible Man of Freshbrook', 'Walcot Wanderer' or can now, at long last, properly claim to be a 'local' councillor.

Muggins: The estate agents comment was quite innocent, very much along the lines of, (after seeing a picture I was working with), "Hey, that looks like a guy I showed round a house in Walcot".

Offline Ringer

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 02:51:59 PM »
Looking like a guy can mean anything as its an outline with a big question mark in it could be anyone :-\
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 03:16:51 PM »
Looking like a guy can mean anything as its an outline with a big question mark in it could be anyone :-\

True, but the estate agent was looking at a photograph of Tricky Mick, not the x-factor leaflet  :)

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 06:14:49 PM »
When I last enquired a couple of weeks back I think he was still one of my residents.

Not sure what's happened since though.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 06:21:59 PM »
Anyone got an up to date copy of the electorial register?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 12:21:35 PM »
When I last enquired a couple of weeks back I think he was still one of my residents.

Not sure what's happened since though.

And he still is one of your residents Dave, but only just. 

Lamplighters Heinrich and L'Espion Turc report that they have watched Michael regularly perambulate past their windows over the last couple of weeks leading to speculation that he had indeed moved in the opposite direction from Freshbrook and Grange Park and moved into Walcot.

It seems that Walcot itself may have been a 'Ward too far' for Michael, and he has stopped approximately 80 yards short of the legendary, (and invisible), 'Abandon Principles All Ye Who Enter Here' sign that marks the political boundary of Walcot, and has set up Chez Dickinson at the Walcot end of Groundwell Road.....

....or has he?

Unusually, and according to Swindon Borough Councils Councillor Details pages, Michaels 'new' address in Groundwell Road appears to be a postal address:

Home Address:
Post to: 113 Groundwell Road
Swindon
SN1 2NA

Will correspondents tapping on the door of number 113 hoping to have a quick word with Tricky Mick find him in residence?   Even the leader of the Council publishes his address without a 'Post To:', in fact I've looked at a few other councillors and note that Michael seems to be the only one doing this.

So, I'll ask again:  Where is my Councillor Living?

Offline Martin Wicks

• Personal Website
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 01:00:06 PM »
Perhaps you could put in an FOI request Geoff!!!

Remember that Charlie Drake thing, "Where is Sylvia".

It could be quite a routine: where is Michael?

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 01:56:06 PM »

Or:

Offline Ringer

Post To Councillor Dickinson?
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 04:45:52 PM »
Why post? It is a good question, but it's not care of Groundwell Road, so it's more than likely it is possibly his address unless he has moved out of Swindon? The LibDem leaflet of the X Factor is true of a Tory from Old Town and appears to remain almost true to this day? ( Is Groundwell road Old Town?)  Did the rear of the leaflet have other X factor information on it, or is it a sort of pirate map and X marks the spot of where to find the buried treasure?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »
I do not think there is a problem with where your councillor resides as long as it is within Swindon. Where the problem occurs is when some politicians indicate that they will move into their ward/constituency when elected. I have never told anyone I would move into my ward, but who knows as there are a lot of bungalows in the ward and I am not getting any younger. The old apples and pears appear a bit steeper to me these days.  :2funny:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 06:07:53 PM »
My friend we maybe need to wean you off the pies  :2funny: