Poll

In light of Dave King's editorial censoring of online comments and his continued presenting of one sided Wifi articles have you?

Author Topic: Have you recently stopped Buying the Pravdatiser  (Read 20278 times)

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
Have you recently stopped Buying the Pravdatiser
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:39:24 PM »
Don't be shy.... Dave King has used his rag to show his contempt for us now i suggest we let him see how we feel.

Please be truthful, i know its easy to knee jerk reaction to his latest outbursts, the poll needs to reflect whats happening amongst his paying readership.

Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Have you recently stopped Buying the Pravdatiser
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:33:41 PM »
 :)
I actually need 3 votes!

Offline Provocateur

• Atchya like a ninja cat!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »
I needed to fill out several categories too!

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:05:55 AM »
Me too. Three apply to me?
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:40:29 AM »
Is that possible? I mean can the polling system do it?
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline daproofreader

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 08:16:05 AM »
I would certainly consider ceasing to purchase the Pravder if it were not for the fact that I would then have to buy new carpet for Bluey's cage !!

Offline Muggins

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 08:41:31 AM »
In answer to the question have I stopped buying the Adver - No I haven't, the major reason being I'm not the only one living in our house. 

Editors sort of have us over a barrel, especially when it's a one paper town,  if we want them to help broadcast our events etc.  However, have they done more damage to our community rather than help over the years?  I'd like to consult with said community as to their views before I took further action on that one. 

Either was Mr Editor, I don't appreciate being labeled as trash and at my age too!! 

There's a lot of difference between TS and the Adver, for one thing none of us are paid, we can guarantee we get to say something on everything (not available to us at the Adver)  and we are ordinary citizens.(or most of us seem to be). 

Bit of a David and Goliath thing I think which will not reflect at all well on the Adver.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »
Bit of a David and Goliath thing I think which will not reflect at all well on the Adver.

Yeah, and if the Adver keeps waving that sling about they'll have someone's eye out.

Or have I miusnderstood?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »
My Advertiser comes through the door each morning at 7.30 am.
I turn straight to the Obituary page and if my name is not there then I can commence another day in fine spirits.
P.S. The only acceptable, and they are only just, pages are the localsport.
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 02:48:40 PM »
Ours has started coming at 7.30am for about three days a week, then sometimes it comes at 5.30am - I am however very grateful that it comes at all (seeing as how I pay for it!).  Don't like to complain about the paper delivery boy, once we get used to his pattern of delivery we'll be Ok. It just adds to the nervous tension each day for Mr Muggins.  I have a quick flick and read what headlines I can with my distance specs on, then go for the puzzle page.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 08:04:47 PM »
I've only bought the paper about three times in eight years. I still comment, but have never been a frequent commenter and the only time my comments have been removed are when they've deleted all the comments under an article. I'm careful what  I say on their website.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Muggins

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:03 AM »
You are safe commenting about anything on Penhill, no matter how bad it is it will stay up.

BTW  at least three times a week in the code breaker puzzle E is No 21.

Offline boothill

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 05:53:35 PM »
:)
I actually need 3 votes!

Only 3 ???
Old people believe everything...middle aged people suspect everything...young people know everything    3 2 1 back in the room !

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 09:00:18 AM »
How long has the Adver got left?

The quality appears to have gone down further and the new Editor doesn't seem to have made any impression.  Who is it incidentally?

Plenty to report so please get on with it before it is too late!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Ringer

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 09:04:55 AM »
Does anyone still buy a Sunday Newspaper? I ask because I don't and have not bought one for years, now and again and I mean now and again I but the i for 20p!

Offline Des Moffatt

• Hello !
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 05:54:59 PM »
Nice to see the Adver is apologising profusely for having the temerity to employ a reporter who reported what he found. Now that he is gone normal Tory PR reporting is resumed.
The paper is free to support the Tory party if they wish while denying they do and I am free to state I believe that they do favour the Tory line in all local political reporting..

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 12:53:16 PM »
Which story are you referring to Des? Do you have a lin k? I'd be interested to read it.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Des Moffatt

• Hello !
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 04:40:14 PM »
All the Housing transfer stuff really, they happily report the Tory lead member Cllr Russell Holland's view of what the Labour position but don’t report what the Labour position actually is.

Offline Russell Holland

• Hello !
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »
There has been no statement (to my knowledge) from the Labour housing spokesman at all on this matter.

Although there is a statement purporting to be the "Official" Labour position online but I don't know where that came from.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 04:03:04 PM »
There has been no statement (to my knowledge) from the Labour housing spokesman at all on this matter.

Another deliberately misleading comment Russell?

Russell seems to have conveniently forgotten that when the Labour housing spokesman, (Cllr Steve Allsopp), stood down from the Swindon Housing Association 'shadow' board the Swindon Advertiser published a story about it.

Cllr Holland was also interviewed by the Adver and his comments were subsequently published within the same story: http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9228592.___I_will_fight_against_any_homes_transfer___/

I think Cllr Allsopp made his position quite clear at the time, as did the leader of the Labour Group via the Swindon Labour Website.

Quote from: Cllr Steve Allsopp
" after attending the first shadow board meeting I learnt that this body would be approving the stock transfer ‘offer’ to tenants.

“Because of this, it would have been difficult for me as a shadow board member to campaign against a stock transfer – the Labour Party’s position.

“After speaking to the Labour group leader about this, I have taken the decision to stand down from the shadow board of the proposed Swindon Housing Association and the Labour group will not be offering a replacement on the board.

“I will now be spending all my time on this matter campaigning against any Swindon council house stock transfer.”

I'm not sure what part of the above statement Russell doesn't understand.

Anyway, just to confirm that Russell's 'There has been no statement' statement seems to be more misleading tosh, this is what Russell said in response to Cllr Allsopps resignation from the board:

Quote from: Russell Holland
"Whatever Coun Allsopp does is entirely a matter for him"

I didn't bother quoting the remainder of Russell's speech because I'm not going to re-publish any statements he makes which are inaccurate or misleading.