Author Topic: Hitesh Patel Re-Writing His History As We Watch?  (Read 15067 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Hitesh Patel Re-Writing His History As We Watch?
« on: March 14, 2010, 11:37:12 PM »

Spot the edits:

Mr Patel's LinkedIn Profile from approximately 1 month ago (Taken from a cached google page)

You will note that Mr Patels Digital City Directorship was at that point - February 2010 - recorded as:

Board Director, Digital City (UK) Ltd, (Wireless industry) , November 2009 — Present (4 months)

Mr Patel's LinkedIn Profile Screenshot circa 14.00hrs 14th March 2010

You will note that Mr Patels Digital City Directorship was at this point - March 2010 - recorded as:

Board Director, Digital City (UK) Ltd, (Wireless industry) , November 2009 — Present (5 months)

Mr Patel's LinkedIn Profile Screenshot circa 23.00hrs 14th March 2010 - 9 hours later

You will note that the status of Mr Patels Digital City Directorship has been edited at some point between 14.00hrs and 23.00hrs* on Sunday the 14th of March 2010 to read as:

SBC observer on Board of Digital City Digital City (UK) Ltd  (Wireless industry) November 2009 — March 2010 (5 months)

* The times are approximate but ultimately verifiable, as is the net-identity and net-origin of the person making the edits.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:22:11 AM by Geoff Reid »

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Hitesh Patel Re-Writing His History As We Watch?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:47:50 PM »

Just in case you didn't see these the first time around....

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:12:55 AM »
In it up to his neck and now paddling furrious at the deep end :bottom:

Or is he just the sacrificial employee being shoved in the deep end to divert attention from Rod?

Either way this is gripping stuff, you never seem to know what 'they' will do next to get themselves out of the s***
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:31:46 AM »
Either Messrs Thring Townsend Lee & Pemberton made a big mistake back in September last year when they completed Companies House form 288a showing the appointment of Mr Patel as a director - along, of course, with Mr Patel himself who signed the form - or Mr Patel is making it up in his attempt to re-write his history from being a director to just an observer.

If the former, it suggests that Mr Patel is someone without the knowledge to be in the position he holds at Swindon Borough Council, and certainly not someone we should rely on to give advice on investing in companies like Digital City. If the latter, it suggests that Mr Patel isn't fit to hold his position at Swindon Borough Council at all.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 09:03:03 AM »

I've lightly expanded the information available at post #1.

I think it's reasonable to assume that the public record confirms that Hitesh Patel was a Director of Digital City (UK) Ltd from the 15th of September 2009 until his resignation on Friday the 12th of March 2010.

Mr Patels own LinkedIn profile confirms, (to my satisfaction), that he knew and understood the 'status' of his directorship at Digital City (UK) Ltd and had recorded it entirely accurately as "Board Director, Digital City (UK) Ltd".

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 09:06:30 AM »

Just had an 'animated' leader of the Council on the blower.  It's fair to say our opinions differ as to the history of Mr Patels Directorship at Digital City and whether 'due process' has been properly followed.

I've suggested to him that he reads this thread  :)

Offline Muggins

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 09:18:57 AM »
Morning Rod!
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Ringer

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 09:22:49 AM »

Just had an 'animated' leader of the Council on the blower.  It's fair to say our opinions differ as to the history of Mr Patels Directorship at Digital City and whether 'due process' has been properly followed.

I've suggested to him that he reads this thread  :)

I think he must have :smiley6600:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 09:23:33 AM »
Coming tonight Muggins?  Should be interesting to see how all this is explained or otherwise!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 10:30:09 AM »
Either Messrs Thring Townsend Lee & Pemberton made a big mistake back in September last year when they completed Companies House form 288a showing the appointment of Mr Patel as a director - along, of course, with Mr Patel himself who signed the form - or Mr Patel is making it up in his attempt to re-write his history from being a director to just an observer.

If the former, it suggests that Mr Patel is someone without the knowledge to be in the position he holds at Swindon Borough Council, and certainly not someone we should rely on to give advice on investing in companies like Digital City. If the latter, it suggests that Mr Patel isn't fit to hold his position at Swindon Borough Council at all.

I think Patel's linkedin profile clearly indicates that he was fully he was, until last Friday, a fully-fledged and fully legal Director of the company.

Patel was the officer who recommended the council invest in Digital City but who also didn't bother telling the council he was a  director of the firm he wanted the council to invest in?

But, the council, (en masse), didn't actually know anything about this, only Rod Bluh and Mark Edwards knew.  I suppose we need to know what they knew and when they knew it.

Is it time for a Judicial review?, something 'out of Borough' needs to be done, and especially before Rikki and Rod manage to get a down-payment from Boris Johnson to wifi the 2012 London Olympics  ;D

Swindon just can't afford to run the risk of punitive legal penalties if that goes similarly wrong from the start.  :-\

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 10:52:21 AM »
 :2funny: nice one about Boris Johnson, Boris  has stated he wants a wi-fi city by 2012, looks like he is following Highworth's lead?

http://www.macuser.co.uk/news/226365/boris-johnson-wants-wifi-for-all.html or BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7631163.stm

Radio: http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39493735,00.htm

I am sure if Boris asks nicely he may get this sorted by 2012. :smiley6600:

Good on yer Boris ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:10:44 PM by Steve Wakefield »
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 11:58:43 AM »
Hitesh, Hitesh, Hitesh
What a bloody mess
Your hope that were once Sky High
Have been dashed with Riki's Wifi
Bobby

Offline Ringer

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 12:03:07 PM »
Bobby you shouldn't  :2funny:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 04:22:34 PM »
What does appear to be the case is that the politicians didn't know Mr Patel's directorship had been organised.  The big question to be asked is 'did any of the officers?'

If they knew, they were mad to write up a briefing note in the terms they did and if they didn't they should be ashamed of themselves.  As for Mr Patel I suggest he looks for work closer to home - save him a fortune not having to drive to Swindon from Gwent

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 04:30:02 PM »

If Rod Bluh had any sense (he does) he would simply deny any knowledge of the plot and advise an enquiry will take place. In the meantime I hope that Townsend's will not attempt to reduce this whole thing to the levels of a farce by agreeing they 'slipped up'. It is clear to a blind man that this whole issue has been handled appallingly by senior officers and it is they who should be castigated - then we can start on the politicians

Offline Ringer

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »

If Rod Bluh had any sense (he does) he would simply deny any knowledge of the plot and advise an enquiry will take place. In the meantime I hope that Townsend's will not attempt to reduce this whole thing to the levels of a farce by agreeing they 'slipped up'. It is clear to a blind man that this whole issue has been handled appallingly by senior officers and it is they who should be castigated - then we can start on the politicians

Interesting point but what will actually happen or is it likely to happen?

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 04:57:12 PM »

t

Interesting point but what will actually happen or is it likely to happen?

Be there tonight and let's see

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 11:01:32 PM »
Why should we care about Mr Bluh's opinions? He clearly doesn't care about those of the electorate. I'm quite happy to believe the evidence, and the only evidence we have is that from Companies House.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »
Adver take on it Richard got a mention:

Resident Richard Simmons, of Brampton Court, revealed that Mr Patel was appointed a director of Digital City on September 15, 2009 – almost one month before his involvement had been agreed primarily by two cabinet members and then later by full council.

The revelation suggests that Mr Patel, who was not at last night’s meeting, had no official basis on which to act on behalf of the council as his directorship was yet to be agreed by all members of the authority.

Mr Simmons, in public questions, said: “Given that public confidence in the matter has been damaged by the group director of business transformation, will that gentleman cease his position on the council?”

Committee chair Derique Montaut (Lab, central) said that Mr Simmons would receive a full answer to his question in writing.

Full article here
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/5062925.New_controversy_hits_wi_fi_scheme/
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 01:20:28 PM »

Why should we care about Mr Bluh's opinions? He clearly doesn't care about those of the electorate. I'm quite happy to believe the evidence, and the only evidence we have is that from Companies House.

Bluh's opinions do matter, especially so because the more he says, the more he reveals to the world at large that he does not 'know as much' as he usually claims.  The genuine paucity of Bluh's knowledge has never stopped him trying to forcefully give the impression that he 'has all the facts' and that you, his listener, do not. 

I am content with the certain knowledge that I stopped him in his tracks yesterday when he claimed Patel's directorship was effectively a minor error on the part of Thring Townsend, (solicitors), and that Patel knew nothing of it.  I was able to refer Councillor Bluh to the subject of Mr Patel's LinkedIn profile, (the screenshots of which are in this very Talkswindon thread), and Mr Patels crass, and hurried attempt, to rewrite 5 months worth of bragging rights over his directorship at Digital City.

It is bloody obvious that from day one 'due process' cannot have been followed. Had it been followed and due diligence done, the undeniable fact that Hitesh Patel's digital City directorship pre-dated his advice to the cabinet to lend £450,000 to, and take a 40% share in a company that he was already a director of, but had not disclosed this fact.

The conflict of interest is quite visible.  The failure to disclose quite risible.  His attempts to alter, (thereby destroying evidence that he had been self-publicising his digital city directorship for the last 5 months), his public LinkedIn profile could be seen as a desperate attempt to alter evidence which contradicts whatever line he had fed GAV1N, Stephen Taylor and Rod Bluh about his own knowledge of his directorship at Digital City.

Process is never a 'Red Herring' Councillor Bluh.  The devil really is in the detail.  If you and your friends been diligent and observant, had not cut corners and steam-rollered your way through the process with gerrymandered committees, perhaps you would have noticed, as we did, that the process had a hole in the heart on day one.

I won't discuss an more of my conversation with the leader because, as I said to him at the time, I wasn't sure that it was appropriate to be talking to him given that I may yet be asked to give evidence.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:41:00 PM by Geoff Reid »