Author Topic: Mr Hitesh Patel resigns as director of digital city  (Read 16250 times)

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
Re: Mr Hitesh Patel resigns as director of digital city
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 04:31:48 PM »
On my blog my view on this:

http://www.councillorstevewakefield.org.uk/

Nicely done Mr Wakefield. What are the chances of this going to full council? Would this have to be referred by cabinet first?
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 04:35:44 PM »
Just going through some Council papers and found this - it's up to date (22nd February, reminding the Childrens Trust Board of it's term of reference), so any  council members reading their paperwork would have been reminded of this code.

"7.2 In addition to the above behaviours, in order to set a framework for partnership working, it is expected that all Board members will work in the best interests of the wider community in Swindon, rather than the specific interests of the organisation nominating them. It is expected that Board members embrace the
Nolan 'guidelines' for those working for public bodies (The `Model Code of Conduct under the Local Government Act 2000' to be used or the most up to date version), namely

a. Selflessness - holders of public office should take decisions solely in terms of the wider public interest. They should not do so in order to gain financial or other material benefits for themselves, their organisation, family or friends;

b. Integrity - holders of public office should not place themselves under any financial or other obligation to outside individuals or organisations that might influence them in the performance of their official duties;

c. Objectivity - in carrying out public business holders of public office should make choices on merit;

d. Accountability - holders of public office are accountable for their
decisions and actions to the public and must submit themselves to
whatever scrutiny is appropriate to their office;

e. Openness - holders of public office should be as open as possible about all the decisions and actions that they take. They should give reasons for their decisions and restrict information only when the wider public interest clearly demands;

f. Honesty - holders of public office have a duty to declare any private interests relating to their public duties and to take steps to resolve any
conflicts arising in a way that protects the public interest.

g. Leadership - holders of public office should promote and support these principles by leadership and example."

In our community when we have problems with people not being able to pick up the right way, to remind them, we usually put one bit of code in large letters on a sheet of A3 laminated and stick them up on the wall - perhaps it's time we did the same for the Civic?  Only 7 sheets needed.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Ringer

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 07:15:19 PM »
Oh dear Mr bluh must be a little  :emb: over this nothing like being proved  :emb: when you have been robust and I bet his integrity is a little  :emb: too? Shed a few  :'( now before the MP and the minister get a little :tickedoff: in parliament. There will be many  watching and listening :popcorn: next day you can always  :coffee: Hansard. I thought everyone was getting :puke: of Wi-fi but just when you think it has died down  :angel: it  bursts into more  :fence: All I can do is :spin: whilst I await more  ::) disclosure. Well done to all involved in this long trail still away to go but  :clap: long overdue and all due to you all.
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline swindoncentric

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 09:20:36 PM »
Just received a reply from Councillor Edwards regarding the source of the money, will post in a few minutes!

Offline swindoncentric

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »
Just posted, take a read at what his reply was...

http://swindoncentric.blogspot.com/2010/03/your-450000-it-was-just-gathering-dust.html

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »
Just posted, take a read at what his reply was...

http://swindoncentric.blogspot.com/2010/03/your-450000-it-was-just-gathering-dust.html

You would think from this that cllr Edwards may be a little fed up with fielding this question. Or maybe it is just late on a Sunday evening, I would be a bit short answering emails as well. I am led to believe (talking to cllrs, but can not remember which ones) that this money came from central government specfically for the purpose of supporting the local economy as a stop gap while the banks were being tight as  :censored:. The council split this money was split between the big weekend and the wifi project, both seen as a stimulant to the local economy. The big weekend came and went with no long term tangible benefit although the council  reckon on £1.5m pumped into the local economy. How the council came to this figure is not clear. The wifi is a high risk punt that may pay dividends in a couple of years but can not be classed as a stimulant for the here and now. I would be interested to see if there were guidelines as to how this money should have been used.

At scrutiny 15th Jan 2010 I asked:

13.What loan facilities have been offered by SBC to the small business community of the borough of Swindon to assist them through these difficult times where banks, state owned or otherwise, are not fulfilling their duty and how have these loans been publicised?

Cllr Bluh answered:
We will confirm the details of this week commencing 22nd Febraury.

I missed this one. Has anyone heard anything?
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 11:38:49 PM »

Is Hitesh Patel re-writing his recent history as we watch ?

http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?topic=5406.msg34438#msg34438

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »
In a society where honour retained some value this would be a Webley and glass of scotch job.

Instead it's like lifting a stone and watching the life beneath scuttling around, and I think they will keep scuttling.

I wouldn't call Mr Edwards' answer an answer either, don't believe anybody asked where it didn't come from.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »

Bump.

Fascinating to re-read this thread  :)