Author Topic: And the political hand wringing appears to go on as more houses built on border  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
It could be that Moredon Bridge was the thin end of a developers and WC wedge to build on Ridgeway and Pry Farms. All along Swindon Borders  :santa_undecided:
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10905105.Building_threat_to_Purton_grassland_opposed/

My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Muggins

I've never heard of Bradley's Meadow, but obviously the planning inspectorate has, because it was important enough to stop the development a few years back.

I'm beginning to wonder about all those grants government made to farmers etc. to 'set aside' tracts of lands for tree planting, wildlife encouragement and the Community Forest. There were a lot given around the edge of Swindon.

Are they now up to those edges with the developments? I wonder?
Neither the Wilts County council nor the developers can replace/make meadow land, a huge factor in that is TIME.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
Muggins, that may be the truth of the matter but it appears that what councils and developers say at the beginning could at the end can be taken with a large pinch of meadowland manure   :santa_undecided:
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Muggins

Yep, I'm following that part of it, I feel the more we point out the whole scenario, going back just a few years, the more we can prove that there is no, or not much, historic memory of within Swindon Borough Council of what it has been involved in.

Sooner or later they will break the law, by breaking promises. Promises that may have been made WAY in advance of planning applications now. 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Weebleman

And the latest twist and turn.....
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11163676._Crucial__housing_development_will_now_take_a_decade_to_complete/?ref=var_0

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
 :tickedoff:

This just shouldn't be allowed, planning permission for you or I normally lasts for 5 years as it should here.  From the day they begin building they have 5 years to build the development, after that planning permission is lost - in perpetuity.  If there really is a housing shortage and houses aren't hideously overpriced then these houses will sell without any problem.

If that means house builders make a loss then tough-luck!

Offline Muggins

And they so say plan so hard that one bit gets finished before another is started and it's never kept to.

Offline Spunkymonkey

• Hello !
This just shouldn't be allowed, planning permission for you or I normally lasts for 5 years as it should here.  From the day they begin building they have 5 years to build the development, after that planning permission is lost - in perpetuity.

Wonder where they stand on Wichelstowe. They must have been stalling on that for 5 years by now.

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
:tickedoff:

This just shouldn't be allowed, planning permission for you or I normally lasts for 5 years as it should here.  From the day they begin building they should have 5 years to build the development, after that planning permission is lost - in perpetuity.  If there really is a housing shortage and houses aren't hideously overpriced then these houses will sell without any problem.

If that means house builders make a loss then tough-luck!

Edit: Ooops, missed out a 'should' which rather changed the meaning of what I was saying  :embarassed: (in particular with the in perpetuity stuff)

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
This just shouldn't be allowed, planning permission for you or I normally lasts for 5 years as it should here.  From the day they begin building they have 5 years to build the development, after that planning permission is lost - in perpetuity.

Wonder where they stand on Wichelstowe. They must have been stalling on that for 5 years by now.

Other than the loss in perpetuity of permission business (which is what should ideally happen but no government would ever allow it) I think planning permission will have lapsed at wichelstowe.  I've not checked the revised plans that were passed/submitted a few months ago that were supposedly to do with the road infrastructure and amount of affordable housing.  But I suspect they will have also included new outline planning permission for the rest of Wichelstowe

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
It could be that Moredon Bridge was the thin end of a developers and WC wedge to build on Ridgeway and Pry Farms. All along Swindon Borders  :santa_undecided:
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10905105.Building_threat_to_Purton_grassland_opposed/

It kind of makes sense for Wiltshire Council to continue building on the edge of Swindon.
They'll get the taxes without upsetting their constituents.

SBC and Swindon "planners" could continue to be a victim of their own mess success
Proud to be gone