Author Topic: Less Service, More Cost, No Refunds  (Read 5628 times)

Offline Spunkymonkey

• Hello !
Re: Less Service, More Cost, No Refunds
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
One question that springs to mind is just how many Green Bins will they need to order because as they have no idea how many people will take this up or ignore it they will have to guess won't they?

Talking of guesswork, this is my prediction:-

SBC will over estimate the number of people taking up the paid service and under estimate the amount of fly tipping and land fill costs. They will claim to have made a huge efficiency saving and will pat themselves on the back in advance.

Actual revenue will be less than expected and costs will be greater. Savings will fail to materialise.

Next year, SBC will re-introduce green waste collections and will under estimate costs and over estimate savings. They will claim to have made a huge efficiency saving and will pat themselves on the back in advance.

Offline Spunkymonkey

• Hello !
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 08:21:44 PM »
Richard, I agree with Tobes, just the link to the Adver will do and for the same reasons.

Me too. The comments tend to merge making it difficult to see who posted what.

Offline Simplest on

• Hello !
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 10:32:41 PM »
Why do politicians, both local and national, ignore the wishes of people they represent?. We were asked for our input on the charges for waste.  I cab bet that no one agreed to it. It was probably already decided. So yet again we have further wasted tax payers money. The was then cost of printing the circulars, the cost of analysis by a council employee, just to appear that they were being democratic. So on top of the Swindon WiFi vanity project (did we want it?) the 16% increase to Senior Council Employees , the cost of the Police Commissioner and his entourage (did we want these posts?) and the recent transfer of front line Council Tax jobs to Capita PLc , who will certainly cost us more than did the front line operation. It is funny that private industry has moved to flat organisation structures, reducing management cost, is getting paid for waste being removed while both national governments increase their costs, grow  armies of inefficient staff and demand increases in salary while not performing.  At my home in Europe, my bins are emptied every evening, green waste is removed, every week, police tour my neighbour hood and respond to calls and all for 200 euro per annum.

I think it is time for a change in politics in the UK. Those affiliated to Tories, Labour and Liberal continue to fail. It is time for a return to democracy where WE ARE able to select representatives who will represent us not their political party.