Author Topic: Curtis Street bus lane, removal of  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
Curtis Street bus lane, removal of
« on: April 27, 2013, 04:14:18 PM »
I cycle into the town centre fairly regularly from Grange Park, which means I cycle along Canal Walk. About half way along there's a bridge where Cambria Bridge Road goes over Canal Walk, and shortly after this there are lines painted on the ground to indicate that cyclists should turn right and join Curtis Street, where the bus lane allows them to go against the one-way traffic flow to get the rest of the way into town.

Except the bus lane has been replaced by parking spaces, and Curtis Street is now one-way for everyone.

When I checked the latest version of the Swindon cycle map, it shows the whole of Canal Walk as a cycle route, all the way to Farnsby Street, which is not what the lines on the ground say.

As this is a 6-month experimental change, there's an online consultation form, so please consider responding to say that the lines painted on Canal Walk should be amended so that they match the Swindon cycle map.

Thank you.

We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Spunkymonkey

• Hello !
Re: Curtis Street bus lane, removal of
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »
About half way along there's a bridge where Cambria Bridge Road goes over Canal Walk

That would be Cambria Bridge  :wink: