Author Topic: North Swindon Expands Westwards and North Towards Chapel Farm. Part 2  (Read 91208 times)

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: North Swindon Expands Westwards and North Towards Chapel Farm. Part 2
« Reply #600 on: September 13, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »
- where were the ward councillors from Priory Vale?

http://oakhurstresidents.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/graham-mack-breakfast-show-tadpole-farm.html

- Reading the latest Thursday column perhaps?

All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #601 on: September 13, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »
All of the Cllrs involved in accepting this and Mr Gilbert of Children's Services, should be able to provide a clear plan as to where all of the children from these 1st 565 homes will go to school.

As grant of planning approval has been snuck out.. all of this information must already exist.

Cllr Tomlinson et al will surely have it at their fingertips..or via Cllr Renard?

Cllr Tomlinson, by that I take it is Vera you mean. I think Vera is the councillor that led the negotiation as Tadpole is in the ward she is elected to represent.  :-\

If non provision of school places is not a reason to reject or defer a planning application then what is?

Therefore if it wasn't rejected or deferred ..there must be a statement of how the provision of school places is to be managed until 565 TA houses have been built.

Where is the Officers' Report on this, when was it created, where was it presented, who approved it and when?

Should be a simple exercise for SBC to provide the evidence.. should it not?

It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #602 on: September 13, 2012, 01:36:05 PM »
They could have been reading this lot in the adver  :-\ http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9925625.Residents_angry_as_Tadpole_Farm_homes_plan_gets_go_ahead/
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #603 on: September 13, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »
P'raps they will build a lot of houses in the Croft area to generate enough kids.

A few years ago you would have dismissed this as crackpot, not so sure now though, are we?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline jayjay

• Hello !
« Reply #604 on: September 13, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19585136

any free childcare in croft?

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #605 on: September 13, 2012, 09:25:47 PM »
There's a very interesting conversation going on on Priory Vale's facebook site.

Some choice statements by a person named.... Oliver Donachie no less, seems as if the normally present North Swindon councillors aren't talking and Oli is doing all the arse covering.

I particularly like...

I am a genuine futurist and libertarian, I love open and clear debate especially on a forum that so many can take part in and I have tried to gently coax people from "officialdom" into commenting on here and its worked out, but I will just share a concern any person in office has, its sadly common for two problems to occur. 1: Some people act like any comment made on a forum for general perusal is set in stone and will run to the papers with it. 2: If they do try to make capital from it they tend to use very select quotes, partial texts etc to completely remove the original meaning and de-contextualize the point. I find that very sad but I am just saying, I understand why cllr's are reluctant given how they have been treated in the past.

Futurist :2funny: :2funny:

Libertarian  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

... and the reason cllrs are reluctant is because they are hypocrites, elected on a promise of controlling development only to exert no control at all. To promise public consultation which happened 'hitchhikers guide to the galaxy ' style....

But the plans were on display . . ."
 "On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."
 "That's the display department."
 "With a torch."
 "Ah, well the lights had probably gone."
 "So had the stairs."
 "But look, you found the notice, didn't you?"
 "Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying Beware of the Leopard."

and...

There’s no point in acting surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display at your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for 50 of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start making a fuss about it now. … What do you mean you’ve never been to Alpha Centauri? Oh, for heaven’s sake, mankind, it’s only four light years away, you know. I’m sorry, but if you can’t be bothered to take an interest in local affairs, that’s your own lookout. Energize the demolition beams.
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Mr Grumble

« Reply #606 on: September 14, 2012, 12:10:10 AM »
I had a chat with Steph Excell today about her being responsible for Redhouse planning applications.  First of all she thought I was having a laugh with her as she didn't become a councillor in Moredon until 2007.  She was quite chuffed to hear that as a very junior councillor she had eclipsed the power of JT, who was a cabinet member and an Abbey Meads ward councillor for 10 years with a 100% attendance record (whilst he played with his phone - honest guv I was listening to everyone else's opinion!).

She wondered if it was one of those JT fantasies where he lets go of his iron pyrite grip on North Swindon and submits to the will of a middle-aged woman and hands her the responsibility for Tory party planning policy in the northern expansion?

Oh well, there's nothing like a grimm fairy tale before I toddle off to me bed.

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #607 on: September 14, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »
Oh well, there's nothing like a grimm fairy tale before I toddle off to me bed.

Not sure about a fairy tale, but if I recall Cllr Justin Tomlinson sat next to me in the Council Chamber during the time that the Priory Vale Masterplan was being drawn up. That would have been late 2001 and the masterplan was agreed by the council in 2002. If I remember correctly during the run up to the 2007 election in the late part 2006 - early part of 2007 a local woman along with Michael Wills MP was giving the developers and the council aggravation over unadopted roads, faulty lights etc. (this was after she had moved into the area from West Swindon) on arriving in Abbey Meads she had hit a particular developer along with Michael WillsMP quite hard. In Freshbrook she had helped her neighbours to see off the plans to build on fields by Lydiard Park in the 1990s.

If I recall in early 2007 the critiscism of  developers by this person and others over the non materialisation of the Redhouse Village Centre, mobilised the developer  into making a "wait until completion before critisicing" statement. A project manger for Crest, attended a public meeting in March 2007 to reassure local people that the Village Centre would be finished.

It was  an active local resident who put a developer under pressure to deliver what was promised in the Litrature and Masterplan, and not to forget displayed in a shiny model of the school and village centre.

If I recall as this local resident was  scrutinising actions of the council, councillors and developers, when a longserving local Abbey meads councillor managed to talk this woman into the Political tent. If I recall she was elected in May 2007. Though long established local councillor for Abbey Meads told councillors after that meeting it was agreed that the pub at the Redhouse Village Centre would be built and opened within 18months. It was not built in the 18 months ( just as this woman had predicted at the time). In July 2012 you may recall that an application was received to build 33 houses on the site of the Redhouse Village Centre, again as predicted by the same woman)

As they say the rest is history and the History of Redhouse was written and forged long before the first meeting of the planning committee in the new municipal year of 2007/08 when anyone elected in May 2007 would have joined it - just sayin -

All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Smiler

« Reply #608 on: September 14, 2012, 09:37:35 AM »
Since the 11th September there is boiling anger in Priory Vale especially over the fact that nothing new has been gained.  There are rumours circulating about emails from local councillors and JT intimating that residents concerns would be addressed or the application would be turned down. 

#fail#fail residents concerns have not been addressed and the application has been given the green light#fail

This is more than a failure for local elected representatives.  What we now have is evidence of a #omnishambles#

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #609 on: September 14, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »
There are rumours circulating about emails from local councillors and JT intimating that residents concerns would be addressed or the application would be turned down. 

Emails what emails  :fish:

Mr Grumble

« Reply #610 on: September 14, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »
As they say the rest is history and the History of Redhouse was written and forged long before the first meeting of the planning committee in the new municipal year of 2007/08 when anyone elected in May 2007 would have joined it - just sayin -

Spoke to Steph this evening and she told me she remembers it well.  She wanted you to know that she's forgotten about the tent part but I've told her she might want to visualise it like a blue vacuum where the dirt gets stuck up the crevices.  Sorry Steph, my words not yours.

When Cllr Vera Tomlinson was elected in 2008 I remember she latched onto Steph and joined planning committee straight away.  Whilst she was away on holiday in 2009, Cllr Tomlinson missed the opportunity to stop the Haydon 3 renegotiation being approved at Planning Committee.  This oversight led to a large reduction in developer contributions being paid to the Borough and paved the way for a Borough wide spending programme with what appears to be no overarching s.106 strategy for its expenditure.

Cllr Tomlinson had to claw back her own s.106 money from Rod and other south Swindon cabinet members to try and build the Redhouse Community Centre.  Seems like the old trick of deflecting the blame onto someone else might be the only way that the junior and senior T's can salvage a modicum of political pride.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #611 on: September 15, 2012, 12:24:30 AM »
There are rumours circulating about emails from local councillors and JT intimating that residents concerns would be addressed or the application would be turned down. 

Emails what emails  :fish:

They are not rumours. :wink:

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #612 on: September 15, 2012, 12:28:49 AM »

Cllr Tomlinson had to claw back her own s.106 money from Rod and other south Swindon cabinet members to try and build the Redhouse Community Centre.  Seems like the old trick of deflecting the blame onto someone else might be the only way that the junior and senior T's can salvage a modicum of political pride.

There is a topic on TS which dicusses Cllr Tomlinson's (VT) 'finding' £700,000 od section 106 money to spend in 'her' ward - is this the same 106 as mentioned above?

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #613 on: September 15, 2012, 12:36:24 AM »
If they were all in agreement no infrastructure no houses  what went wrong  :-\

http://www.swindonlink.com/news/all-agreed-no-infrastructure-no-1700-houses-at-tadpole-farm

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #614 on: September 15, 2012, 12:40:57 AM »
There is a topic on TS which dicusses Cllr Tomlinson's (VT) 'finding' £700,000 od section 106 money to spend in 'her' ward - is this the same 106 as mentioned above?

:fish: http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?topic=7139.0

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #615 on: September 15, 2012, 04:10:55 AM »

Yes, here it is: Vera Tomlinson Has 'Won' £700,000 of 106 Money to 'Spend' In The North?

Click thumbnail to view the leaflet [as stored in the TS leaflet Library in February 2011]:

So, after 'winning' £700,000 of 106 contributions, what did Vera spend it on?

Offline Weebleman

« Reply #616 on: September 15, 2012, 07:28:11 AM »
£700k seems to be a magic figure in SBC land!

Vera finds an extra £700k
Croft overspend is £700k
Net profits from WiFi £700k

What's next?

Offline Weebleman

« Reply #617 on: September 15, 2012, 07:29:51 AM »
So, after 'winning' £700,000 of 106 contributions, what did Vera spend it on?

Shoes?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #618 on: September 15, 2012, 08:31:40 AM »
Makes me laugh - it seesm to read £700,000 for the whole Northern Sector and how does she suggest its spent

Community building at Redhouse

Couple fo security lights at Abbey Meads end and grit bins elsewhere!

Goodd share out - that one   :2funny:
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #619 on: September 15, 2012, 09:30:48 AM »
If they were all in agreement no infrastructure no houses  what went wrong  :-\

http://www.swindonlink.com/news/all-agreed-no-infrastructure-no-1700-houses-at-tadpole-farm

That was a good meeting and I asked the question about the Purton Iffley Road Link, but was pleased that the Chair of Haydon Wick Parish Council raised it as well.  :clap:

When the MP said
Justin Tomlinson MP said, “the existing road network in the northern sector is struggling with 10,000 houses. It’s clear that we need concrete plans for additional infrastructure before I can be in favour of adding more housing. The recent consultations have been developer driven and need to be taken with an extremely large pinch of salt. We need an independent and robust consultation procedure before any decisions can be made.”

I thought to myself, at the time and what will he do to get an independent and robust consultation procedure? I consoled myself that it could be a statement that may 
need to be taken with an extremely large pinch of salt.
Maybe I missed what he did to secure what he said was needed, as I do not recall an independent and robust consultation period being undertaken.

There was a consultation period and much work was done by ORA some 1400 objections were raised over 25% from Rodbourne Cheyney and RCRA also raised objections and attended a meeting in Blunsdon.

I now find myself wondering if or when will Justin Tomlinson MP publically pressure the administration and  Cllrs Dale Heenan and Keith Williams to push the Purton Iffley Link road as a priority? I don't think Robert Buckland MP has come out recently publically either on demanding this road? As a resident of Shaw I can tell him it is not only me that thinks it will be an important election battleground come the general. Residents of Shaw abd Mannington Western are very aware Meadway and the roads around it are increasingly becoming rat runs to avoid the virtual carpark Meadway is becoming for long periods during the day.

I also remember an independent traffic survey being mentioned at the meeting ORA asked the leader about it. I am not sure if that was done, or was it something else I missed? Yes a robust consultation propelled by residents did take place, but Justin Tomlinson MP did not raise a written objection at Planning Committee, which he could do as he could not attend.