Author Topic: North Swindon Expands Westwards and North Towards Chapel Farm. Part 2  (Read 65443 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: North Swindon Expands Westwards and North Towards Chapel Farm. Part 2
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 10:41:25 AM »
I originally wrote the previous post under the Pickhard's Fields thread, but the more I think about Planning last night the more I believe I saw the worst of Politicians in action.

They appear to be representing you but I believe that they had already made up their minds and have other ideas.  Very very clever but utterly devisive

As for the Conservative Party in North Swindon had they been challenged at the elections they might not be there today and we will not have to sustain the now out of control excesses of this Conservative lead Administration.  Sadly the Labour Party manifestly failed to challenge in the north of the town, why?

Also why oh why did Kevin Small intervene at Mayor making and stop Stan Pajak becoming leader?  That could have changed everything, not because Stan would have lasted long but because we would have seen the end of Rod Bluh and everything he now has free license to pursue over the next two years!!

I despair!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Muggins

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »
Richard S "They appear to be representing you but I believe that they had already made up their minds and have other ideas.  Very very clever but utterly devisive"

Why is it so clever when it's so obvious?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »

Although education provision was a big concern with the TF application, there were no Officers there to represent Education at the 'top table'.

It was left to the legal beagle who quite frankly talked a lot of nonsense and none of the planning committee bothered to challenge him.

From what I hear there were several Education bods at Broadgreen last night for a meeting to discuss the proposals for the choice of a school site for 2014. Funny....  I have never been to one of these types of meeting ..

It has to be asked why the Education bods did not appear at the planning committee for a 1700 house development ... too frightened .. praying for a miracle.. doing a Rhett Butler... or maybe they already knew the outcome?
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline Candide7

• All is for the best in the best of all worlds
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »
How much time were the public allowed to speak for or was it controlled to the 10 mins total stated on the agenda?
Francois-Marie Arouet (Voltaire) - I hate what you say but I defend your right to say it

The opinions and views expressed are my own and are not those of any organisation I belong to

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »
Candide7

Members of public were give 3 minutes each.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Candide7

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »
What is beyond me is how the Head of Planning can say £60k is adequate for Oakhurst Way when it is expected to take a minimum of 45% of traffic (I don't believe the number anyway - I think it will take more of the TF traffic than that as Oakhurst Way is the only route to Thamesdown Drive and Northern Orbital shopping centre). I had a conversation once with Dave Potter., the previous Head of Planning, and he stated that people don't all do their shopping in the evening and on weekends! Makes you wonder what assumptions they use on car trip distribution!!!! Whatever they are.... the assumptions are always wrong. Furthermore, Oakhurst Way is now Option 1 for Rapid Bus Transit as Vera Tomlinson managed to get the developer to switch the original Option 1 which was Addinsel Way in Redhouse (her patch - yes you couldn't make it up) to Oakhurst Way just a couple of months ago. She thought she would twist the knife a little deeper into Oakhurst....
Francois-Marie Arouet (Voltaire) - I hate what you say but I defend your right to say it

The opinions and views expressed are my own and are not those of any organisation I belong to

Offline Candide7

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »
Why oh why did labour let Rod Bluh become leader again. The man has read The Prince by Machiavelli so many times he knows it by heart....

Offline Candide7

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 04:38:50 PM »
I would still like to know the basis for the solicitors opinion on why TF could not win an appeal....TF would have had a much stronger case in winning an appeal than Coate.

Offline Candide7

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »
Does anyone have a clear understanding of the issues that were agreed need to be resolved in the 3 month period?

Offline Candide7

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 04:44:39 PM »
What I also don't understand is why only ward councillors have the right to represent North Swindon in the negotiations with Crest. Under the NPPF parish councils and residents associations have the right to write neighbourhood plans that would be binding if approved by referendum. By what right under the new NPPF rules do ward councillors have the sole right to represent the community view. In this instance they have never represented the community view...quite the contrary.

Offline The Oakhurst Avenger

• Cleaning up city hall is a busy job
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 04:50:49 PM »
@Candide7

If you read my previous posts on this blog you will understand what is happening. I bet Dale Heenan was splitting his sides after the meeting in the pub, him being a member for the EAST!!!! From what I read he seconded the proposal from Toby "Judas" Elliott.   :wakeup:
Defender of truth and justice

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
Oakhurst Avenger

Cllr Dale Heenan  contributed several times to the discussion, and yes I can confirm he did second Cllr Elliot's proposal.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 05:12:43 PM »
Why oh why did labour let Rod Bluh become leader again. The man has read The Prince by Machiavelli so many times he knows it by heart....

You may well ask Candide!!

Stan Pajak got himself nominated, Kevin Small chiacked him and he withdrew and then the Liberals sat on their hands, done deal.

If anyone doubted the value or relevance of the Liberal Democrats they can be in no doubt now.

A very big opportunity missed to reign in the excesses of the present Administration and now there is no sign of any form of challenge. 

The words god help us come to mind!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Candide7

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 05:22:49 PM »
@Richard Symonds

Those cosy chats over dinner in the Houses of Parliament between Crest and Rod Bluh really paid off - probably Justin Tomlinson there as well no doubt. Money well spent by Crest!   :censored:

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 06:00:33 PM »
@Richard Symonds

Those cosy chats over dinner in the Houses of Parliament between Crest and Rod Bluh really paid off - probably Justin Tomlinson there as well no doubt. Money well spent by Crest!   :censored:

What an interesting observation!!

Roderick was noted by his absence last night but his cohort Colin Lovell did the business.

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 06:05:18 PM »
I would still like to know the basis for the solicitors opinion on why TF could not win an appeal....TF would have had a much stronger case in winning an appeal than Coate.

Two things I suspect:

1 - The new planning guidelines and the presumption in favour of sustainable development (this wasn't a consideration at the Coate appeal)
2 - TF was at one point put forward as a site for sustainable development (and Crest can argue that what made it sustainable hasn't changed)

@Richard Symonds

Those cosy chats over dinner in the Houses of Parliament between Crest and Rod Bluh really paid off - probably Justin Tomlinson there as well no doubt. Money well spent by Crest!

Older Swindonians might remember that Crest was the lead developer behind the NSD.  They managed to get the SoS to overturn the planning rejection on appeal - they're experts.  Blimey I wouldn't be surprised if they have the SoS phone number.

Let us not forget that the government are desperate to kick-start house building, that's the whole reason for the new planning guidelines.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »
Have little wander around their web site, after much looking I found that Grosvenor Place is at Tadpole Coner, where-ever that may be, being 'off plan' whatever that means, and 'sold' as beign between the bustling town and the countryside, so i take it it's somwhere right over on the edge by Tadpole Lane, could it be that although its on the edge fo the countryside now, it proabably won;t be whent heya start sellign the rest?   Developers are naughty like that you know. 

http://www.crestnicholson.com/grosvenorplace/latestnews/Launch-of-Grosvenor-Place-builds-on-Crest-Nicholsons-Swindon-succes

I note you can also search their site by housing proximity to any given school.

They might well have been part of the Consortium at Northern Development, but they didn't build that many houses until they got near Asda. or at least no more than others.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

MrGrumpy

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »
Just seen this on the Adver website -

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9759429.Anger_as_council_folds_on_Tadpole_Farm_plans/

Smiler

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 08:10:45 PM »
Have heard on the grapevine that there will be a blue leaflet in Priory Vale on the subject of victory at planning committee.  Do you agree that some politicians have such a strange sense of humour?  If it wasn't so tragic, it might be funny.   :bash:

What do you think the subject matter of the leaflet might be?  Boudicca leads her maiden councillor into political catastrophe?

I have just found the following on ORA's blog which was posted this evening.  Plenty of ideas for their leaflet or might they be better to keep their heads down?

http://www.oakhurstresidents.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/disbelief-tadpole-farm-approved-at.html

Offline Muggins

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2012, 07:57:03 AM »
If the leaflet is going to ALL of Priory Vale, it will probably point out how they managed to stop development on the doorstep of other parts of the area  i.e. not in their back yard, and how it will bring the multiple benefits of school, more shops etc.

What was the name used for people like that - Pollyanna?