Author Topic: North Swindon Expands Westwards and North Towards Chapel Farm. Part 2  (Read 71350 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: North Swindon Expands Westwards and North Towards Chapel Farm. Part 2
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2012, 03:41:14 PM »
It was a very pretty wedding - after all there is another person involved. The photo's were taken on the grass across the road, with Big Ben in the backgorund and they had a cake shaped like the houses of parliament and Big Ben. Sorry, sucker for a good wedding.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2012, 03:44:31 PM »
What nightclub was Justin the manager of?
The Brunel Rooms, Vadims, Gold Diggers, Stringfellow's .....?
Proud to be gone

George Elliot

« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »
The one that closed down I think it was called Pharoes or something like that.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2012, 05:50:38 PM »

Did a 5 year old write his biography?

I'm no scholar but, if he were my MP I'd expect him to have a better grasp of written English than that.

Also, did he & wossername marry in 'Parliament' or the Palace of Westminster.  Subtle but important difference I think.

Accuracy of language, whether written or spoken, is especially important when dealing with Parliamentarians I feel.

George Elliot

« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2012, 06:13:39 PM »
During the 10 years Justin was a Councillor he had a 100% attendance record.

Does  that statement allow a presumption that he voted for every Tory council tax increase during his time in office?  Does this quote
Justin's final term as a Councillor ended on the day he was elected to become the MP
allow a presumption that Swindon council tax has only stopped being increased by Tories on the day Cllr Justin was elected to parliament and ceased to be a SBC councillor?
 :2funny:

George Elliot

« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2012, 06:36:57 PM »
Apologies back on topic after that burst of mirth no offence intended, but you do have to see the  :2funny: side about what is said by politicians.

The question I now pose is more serious. Is the land being identified as area of flood risk on this map also the same land being handed over to the wildlife people with apptox  100k?

http://oakhurstresidents.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/tadpole-farm-development.html

Offline Richard Beale

• Hello !
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2012, 09:09:53 PM »
Apologies back on topic after that burst of mirth no offence intended, but you do have to see the  :2funny: side about what is said by politicians.

The question I now pose is more serious. Is the land being identified as area of flood risk on this map also the same land being handed over to the wildlife people with apptox  100k?

http://oakhurstresidents.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/tadpole-farm-development.html

come on... of course it is. They woudln't hand over prime building land, that's profit god dammit!

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2012, 09:18:20 PM »
come on... of course it is.

Richard

There's no flies on you! :wink:

All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Richard Beale

• Hello !
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »
Like most I'm appalled by the Tadpole Farm decision and believe its quite right to question viewpoints of ALL local politicians on it, hold them to account what they've said and done. Question thier motives etc and response when caught well and truely out.

The thread has been most illimuniating about the standards of current crop of new councillors in north Swindon and their double standards.

But what is dismaying me at the moment after catching up with this thread after a hard day at work, is the recent personal attacks on Justin Tomlinson MP, what jobs he's done in the past, where he's getting married and to whom etc.

I think it's unnessecary and don't think this does TalkSwindon, as a forum for all (including those of a blue hue) any favours, can't we keep to the subject,

Question JT's position and effectiveness certainly, but leave his new family and his new wife's 'happiest day' out of it. It's leaving a sour taste that's unbecoming of the discourse so far.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »

I don't think it's either unfair or unbecoming to question or dicuss self promoting material an MP places in the public domain for his, or her, constituents to read.

Moreover, what Tomlinson publishes about himself is relevent, especially where he refers to and uses his past life as a Borough Councillor to promote his new one as a Parliamentarian because both political incarnations are inextricably linked with the history of the Tadpole Farm development, even if he is now trying to put some distance between himself and his past involvement.

We'll just have to disagree Richard  :)

Mr Grumble

« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2012, 10:39:43 PM »
@Richard Beale

Question JT's position and effectiveness certainly, but leave his new family and his new wife's 'happiest day' out of it. It's leaving a sour taste that's unbecoming of the discourse so far.

You got there first Geoff and I totally agree with you.

Richard, the comments in this thread are opinions made in the public domain, not hidden from scrutiny.

But what is JT's example?  Has anyone on this thread got examples of his smear tactics at work?  Does he email residents mentioning individuals who don't have the right to reply or see the comments he's made about them?  That is smearing someone's good name.

Let JT publish some of the comments he's made about people.  Has he got the guts to put them into the public domain where all of us can shine a light on them?

JT is a member of this forum and he has the right to pop on here and reply.  Some people get verbally stabbed in the back by JT and without good friends watching their backs wouldn't even know he'd done it!

What's fairer?  Scrutinising facts spoken or published by a person or making personal remarks behind their backs for political advantage?

He put the stuff about his personal life up on-line.  If he doesn't want people to comment then he should leave his personal life out of the public domain.  Live by sword, die by the sword metaphorically speaking.

Offline Richard Beale

• Hello !
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2012, 11:46:35 PM »
Don't really want to subvert the thread with this, just thought that it would be better to concentrate on the matter at hand,
than to engage running down where he got married or what nightclub he once ran.

Offline sonicated

• Hello !
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2012, 01:15:12 AM »
Don't really want to subvert the thread with this, just thought that it would be better to concentrate on the matter at hand,
than to engage running down where he got married or what nightclub he once ran.

:clap: Hear, hear.

If you want to start bashing someone over their personal life then start up a thread bashing them over their personal life; don't hijack another.

I'm guilty of taking this thread off topic as well, I should not have made the post about the Sanctuary of St Mary Undercroft. Sorry.

MrGrumpy

« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2012, 09:01:35 AM »
Sonicated - this is great to have a Dominican priest from Kuala Lumpur interested in Tadpole Farm.  Thank you for making the world aware of what Justin Tomlinson, MP has been doing in a little Council ward in Swindon.

I never knew that Tadpole Farm was on the international agenda.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/paullew/3468615879/

Do you think that this is a matter affecting the whole community against their wishes?

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2012, 09:05:06 AM »
I'm guilty of taking this thread off topic as well, I should not have made the post about the Sanctuary of St Mary Undercroft. Sorry.

Hi Sonicated

Welcome to talkswindon  and do not apologise for taking a thread off subject we all do it from time to time and it is all part of what makes TS tick along. I like the photos and the blog http://godzdogz.op.org/  O0
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline sonicated

• Hello !
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2012, 11:19:25 AM »
I'm flattered that you've tried to research me but you've gone down the wrong path! I just found that link online - the photo is nothing to do with me. I'm just a concerned Oakhurst resident in disbelief about Swindon Town's planning.

George Elliot

« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »
More from the Oakhurst Residents Association on who said what at the planning committee

http://oakhurstresidents.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/quotes-from-officers-at-planning_22.html

Offline The Oakhurst Avenger

• Cleaning up city hall is a busy job
« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »
Re: Officers Comments on ORA Blogspot

I don't trust any Planning Officer that works for the borough and I certainly would not take the word of the Borough solicitor as gospel since he loses more appeals than he wins - not a ringing endorsement of their legal judgement.

You only have to see what the Secretary of State actually said about the decision to overturn the Coate planning decision to know that the officers of Swindon are either incompetent or not playing with a straight bat. Naively, I thought civil servants were supposed to be above politics. The Secretary of State clearly and unambiguously states that the draft core strategy for Swindon carries only limited weight since it is not adopted and is far from adoption. That's good enough for me.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/planning-callins/pdf/2109689.pdf
Defender of truth and justice

George Elliot

« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2012, 12:21:39 PM »
Re: Officers Comments on ORA Blogspot

I don't trust any Planning Officer that works for the borough and I certainly would not take the word of the Borough solicitor as gospel since he loses more appeals than he wins - not a ringing endorsement of their legal judgement.

You only have to see what the Secretary of State actually said about the decision to overturn the Coate planning decision to know that the officers of Swindon are either incompetent or not playing with a straight bat. Naively, I thought civil servants were supposed to be above politics. The Secretary of State clearly and unambiguously states that the draft core strategy for Swindon carries only limited weight since it is not adopted and is far from adoption. That's good enough for me.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/planning-callins/pdf/2109689.pdf

Oakhurst Avenger

You are far from naive and the comment loses more than he wins takes the coconut  ;D

Offline Candide7

• All is for the best in the best of all worlds
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2012, 12:35:27 PM »
@ The Oakhurst Avenger

I also found the original source document from the CLG website. As someone who also read the Planning Officer's report I was staggered to read the mis-representation and frankly lack of understanding of what the SOS actually said. Coate was overturned because development at Commonhead was in Local plan 2011, an adopted development plan, not because it was in emerging core strategy albeit that was a material consideration (It is in both). Simple as that. TF is completely different as it is not in Local Plan but is in draft core strategy. Quite different.

@ Sonicated

Welcome to the Forum. I saw your Twitter conversation with Emma Famarazi and note how you were hoodwinked by the Tories - Elliott, Edwards and Famarazi before the election. These people are ambitious people who put their career before the residents they are supposed to represent. Nobody will convince me any different that they were all told by their leader Rod Bluh to vote TF through. The Tories in North Swindon have been playing a double game for the last 2 years. In the press and in election flyers they have been saying they opposed the development but in Tory meetings and in secret meetings with the developers they have been planning something quite different. Just a recent example remember the Adver article showing a photo of Cllrs Tomlinson, Friend and Heaton-Jones on the weekend before the planning committee meeting. The article said there was a Tory leaflet going out to 2000 homes urging people to turn up to meeting on Tuesday. Guess what the leaflet never showed up through my door in Oakhurst. Want to know why - there was no leaflet. Article was just a PR stunt.
Francois-Marie Arouet (Voltaire) - I hate what you say but I defend your right to say it

The opinions and views expressed are my own and are not those of any organisation I belong to