Author Topic: Video of 2013 Council Budget Setting Meeting  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Video of 2013 Council Budget Setting Meeting
« on: February 26, 2013, 05:32:23 PM »

...is taking me a bit longer to process than I thought, but it is coming :)

It was an interesting debate, almost as much for the body language, comings-and-goings, political jibes and intrigue as for the debate itself.

I'm looking forward to publishing the video so we can get on and discuss it.

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
Re: Video of 2013 Council Budget Setting Meeting
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 06:24:04 PM »
Which software are you using?
Proud to be gone

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:44:32 PM »

It's not a software issue slowing me up (pinnacle 14), it's several thousand words of.proof reading I'm doing at the same time :)

That said, it is about time I bit the bullet and shelled out for better software. I've been using Pinnacle since Studio 8 (about 8 years now) and it's resource hungry and even at v.14 has more than its fair share of bugs.

I don't stick with it out of excellence or loyalty, but I'm familiar with it and the upgrades are cheaper than buying a new editing suite, mind you, mts files at even 17mbps make my i7 grunt when rendering titles. I'm still avoiding recording stuff at 24mbps for this reason.

Always fancied trying sony vegas or similar - what's your suite of choice?

Posted from Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2 App.

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:57:41 PM »
I've been using Magix Pro.
Very versatile, good title effects, sound balancing etc, etc but sometimes has a bug of refusing to burn CDs exactly as the final edit playback on pc. (titles don't show, or mysterious stop) .

One day somebody will point out a small overlooked detail which will solve the problem and leave me with a feeling of embarrassed jubilance 

It's always very time consuming, deciding where to cut, then replaying each edit.

By the time I finish, I'm usually bored of the video topic for a few days.

Editing a council meeting must require random therapy sessions  :)
Proud to be gone

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 08:12:22 PM »
Well, for our suite I went for a big three seater, a 2 seater sofa bed and a nice old fashioned leather armchair.

The sofa seats could do with stiffening but we are generally happy with them, though they are possibly too large for our present house, but we like the cosy style in the living room.

Never tried editing video or anything with them, but I'll dig the handbook out in case I missed that bit.

I burn CD's while I'm on it and it generally works OK.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 11:20:42 PM »
I burn CD's while I'm on it and it generally works OK.

I'm guessing there's no battery in your smoke alarm.

Modern furniture is flame retardent, but probably best keep a fire extinguisher handy  :o
Proud to be gone

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 07:35:01 PM »
I'm guessing there's no battery in your smoke alarm.

Kept making the most upsetting row. Took the batteries out and haven't had a fire since.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 08:01:33 AM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn:
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »

Editing a council meeting must require random therapy sessions  :)

I have the Samaritans on speed dial.  ;D

TBH I find it interesting because I get to watch the meeting I couldn't attend, which is the whole point :)

The last meeting was shot at 17mbps in AVCHD.  Pinnacle 12 gibbered but wouldn't play, Pinnacle 14 HD was okay editing about an hours worth at a time but its rendering times for titles etc was irritating. Not slow exactly, but not fast either.  I won't bother editing any 24mbps AVCHD with Pinnacle products now.

Pretty sure I've decided on getting Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum suite - it's effectively Vegas Pro 11 upgraded and repackaged as a consumer version. Fully 64 bit with ability to render via some GPU's. An absolute bargain at it's current sub £50 price.

Looks like I'll also be snagging something equivalent to an Asus HD 7770 (Radeon) GPU at the end of the month, luckily it's my birthday next month so Da Mellon and Tig will be treated to some pouty looks and sullen silences until they telepathically understand what will make me happy.  Just in case that doesn't work I'm going to do an extra nightshift after the England Wales game on the 16th which will pay for the GPU if when plan A fails.