Author Topic: The Latest Olive-Type Wheeze....  (Read 5675 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
The Latest Olive-Type Wheeze....
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:35:17 AM »

Topic doesn't deserve space in the politics forums, so Rm 101 it is...

Swindonlabourcheck.com - another anti-Talkswindon, anti-Labour and anti-me wheeze surfaced yesterday, this one seems to bear Olive's trolling hallmarks but, as its ownership is carefully hidden behind the veil of privacy offered by an Italian registered global domain privacy service, it's hard to be sure.

If my gut feeling is correct though, the irony of seeing my favourite right-wing, fascist (small f), Troll finally showing his 'Italian' legs is self evident and delicious :)   

The new website is thoughtfully designed and very carefully, very deliberately in fact, implies several misleading associations. Judging by the sites owner carefully concealing his identity, I think he's already well aware he has libeled more than one individual.

The facts from this end are simple.  Over the last few years I have been, (and in the majority remain), the registrant (registered owner if you like), of several dozen domain names.  Currently I'm the registrant for approximately 18 .orgs, 2 .com's, 2 .co.uk's 1 .eu  - there may be a couple more ( I haven't double checked), and over the last couple of years I've surrendered many more back into the name pool because they were no longer required.

Being the registrant of a domain name is very similar to being the registered keeper of a car.  Being the keeper doesn't mean you're the main driver, in fact, just like company cars the registered keeper usually doesn't, and might never drive the car themselves.

But it suits our troll to focus on one particular web address for which I am the registrant and, (by his re-publishing of the content which used to be available there before I requested that the author remove it), is pursuing a campaign of denunciation of all things Talkswindon, Labour and me. 

I'm not moaning about it and nor am I overly bothered by it and, as I have said before several times, I interpret such devoted and single-minded attention it as a neon-lit signposting of Talkswindons success for it to inspire one politically motivated troll to try so hard.  But I would nevertheless like to identify the owner of that website.

Of course, what my fan deliberately avoids mentioning on his website is that I am also the registrant for, (and host of) many other websites on my servers which include:

• A forum for parents of children with special educational needs - created on behalf of Bob Buckland, (Conservative MP for Swindon South), for the exclusive use of a parents group he set up several years ago.  I haven't looked in on that for a couple of years because I have a fairly strict policy of not interfering with or otherwise monitoring blogs and forums I host for community/special interest groups/bloggers.

• A Blog for the last Labour Mayor of Swindon - at least I did until Cllr Holland leaned on her during 'Nazi-Gate'  ;D     

• 1 community 'bucket blog'

• 4 Blogs for politicians of two different political colours - never the twain shall meet though

• 2 student blogs

• 1 International forum

• And a mixed handful of other websites which are irrelevant to this topic.

The above list doesn't really sit well with the picture my fan is trying to sketch. Neither does my publicly available record of 8,000+ posts on this forum.

With the exception of Talkswindon, I tend not interfere with the users of websites for which I am the registrant. Only once have I done so and I think it's obvious which one that was.  I also like to think that my interference with the running of TS is relatively 'light touch', except where ex-members like my fan are concerned.

Anyway..... I have reason to believe that my fan has organised, or been personally involved, in the contacting of members and readers of Talkswindon in order to quietly point them towards his fan-site.  I'd like to hear, (in confidence), from those contactees. 

I'm not bothered about messengers, I'd just like to correctly identify the original source. 

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: The Latest Olive-Type Wheeze....
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:56:11 AM »
I wonder if Mrs S McCurdy actually exists in Morris Street or is this a further example of a fictitious person made up for political purposes?

If she does exist then Kevin Small should return to deal with the issues raised or is it an example of a bigger problem?

I await developments with interest, but the anti is certainly being raised considerably!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »

Politically motivated 'Raising the ante' or 'lowering the bar' Richard ?

Both display dishonest behaviour if the person isn't who they purport to be.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
the site looks a bit abandodned and therefore 'old hat'

A quick check on 192.com shows a lady of that name does live in Morris Street and another check in Google brings up a letter of identical working to the one on the web site on the Adver.
which incidentally is immediately followed by one from Terry Reynolds and Des Morgan.

The letter is about clearing up Mannington Rec, and even if Jim Grant tried to get it done, it's a council policy things that prevents it. 

The lady herself has the wrong idea of the Big Society, which is that we don't leave it to our councillors or council, but get on and clean it up ourselves.

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »

Politically motivated 'Raising the ante' or 'lowering the bar' Richard ?

Both Geoff and having read it all, it must be addressed by those named!  Please note that I deliberately misspelt the word Ante.

The political landscape will become even more ugly if we continue descending into this abyss.  I wonder if the Conservatives are capable of preventing this as I hope they possess the intelligence to indulge in serious debate but I am beginning to wonder.

As for Sweary Bob, well well, and knowing you as I do I know you would not have been party to his posts had you been aware of them.

And one final point I wonder if this situation will spawn About Swindon Conservatives Fact Cbeck?  There is more than enough material is there not?  What goes around comes around!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Des Moffatt

• Hello !
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:22:03 AM »
I had a look, quite pathetic really and you are right Geoff, it is a common head.
A dreamy childishness seems to have afflicted the Tory Party in Swindon  since Bluh became its leader and this fits that pattern nicely. They convinced themselves that the only contributions here on TS were Labour and that they needed an antidote. As so often now, they have the wrong question based on presumption and in consequence come up with the wrong answer.
The letter writer is real and has lived in the area for a long time. I have no recollection of her ever having contacted me.

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 11:28:50 AM »
I had a look at this.

As a member of the public who has no political affiliations reading this it could be argued that many of the issues raised are still pertinent today.

Maybe it is time that the politicians realised that the public want Swindon to improve and work within it's budget and be successful.

Once elected, who cares what party members represent?

From my perspective, it is the integrity and effectiveness of the candidate that counts not party colours.

Heavens above.. we are talking about a local council ... not the House of Lords!

Any incumbent or would be politicians who have the time or desire to act like this would not get my vote.

I expect elected members to have common sense, work together,act like grown ups and get on with it.

Who over is behind this site just comes across as silly.
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 07:49:03 PM »
Anyway..... I have reason to believe that my fan has organised, or been personally involved, in the contacting of members and readers of Talkswindon in order to quietly point them towards his fan-site.  I'd like to hear, (in confidence), from those contactees.

Hasn't contacted me. Bastard.

I'd enjoy the brief conversation where the subject of my support for Labour was broached.

I don't think TalkSwindon is any particular hue, probably why I remain interested in it. You'd be pushed to find many political type threads that don't end up in a relatively civilised ding dong.

Not much of a forum otherwise is it?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 09:05:18 PM »
Wasted 60 seconds of my life looking at that.

Classic example the North Swindon Nutjob.

I even considered logging on to say hello, but there's no facility for anyone that isn't already registered

The only means of contact is to send an email (yeah right)
Proud to be gone

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »
Quote from: www.swindonlabourcheck.com
If you wish to dispute that anything on this site is not correct or is not within the public domain then you may contact admin@swindonlabourcheck.com.

All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Swindonlabourcheck.com and its operators makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.

Or, in plain English...

Nothing on this site is guaranteed to be any better than rather flakey. We reserve the right to not provide evidence for any statements made here. We reserve the right to conveniently lose any counterarguments down a black hole and not publish them on this site. If you copy/paste from this site and it lands you in hot water then more fool you.

I sense someone who isn't willing to have their opinions challenged openly.
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 06:20:18 PM »
Quote from: www.swindonlabourcheck.com
If you wish to dispute that anything on this site is not correct or is not within the public domain then you may contact admin@swindonlabourcheck.com.

All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Swindonlabourcheck.com and its operators makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.

Or, in plain English...

Nothing on this site is guaranteed to be any better than rather flakey. We reserve the right to not provide evidence for any statements made here. We reserve the right to conveniently lose any counterarguments down a black hole and not publish them on this site. If you copy/paste from this site and it lands you in hot water then more fool you.

I sense someone who isn't willing to have their opinions challenged openly.

My bold emphasis in above quote.

Another bit of irony there. Although I was the main registrant on my fans favourite site, the author of the blog in question was registered as either the Admin contact (Admin C) or technical contact (Tech C) and had supplied appropriate contact details.

Had Olive, his political colleagues, (or anyone else for that matter), wished to contact the author to discuss his/her views, they could have done so quite easily.  As it happens, no letters or emails were ever received and no online comments left on the blog.

It seems to me that people like Olive are less interested in challenging opinions and statements than they are in using blunt political denunciation and deliberately misleading statements concerning identity for political effect.

If, and when done from behind the 'safety' (?) of website where the owners identity is deliberately hidden just highlights the hypocrisy. 

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 08:06:38 PM »
Just spotted an 'oliver Donachie' posting on the Adver website....
Oliver_Donachie says...
5:14pm Sat 16 Feb 13

Mr Gravey you do come across as extremely misinformed.

The Conservative party has done exactly the opposite of destroying public service. I do not expect you to take my word for this so would refer you to the entirely independent audit commission:

http://swindonlabour
 check.com/index.php/
 labour/

It is a fact that during the last time Labour ran the council it was not mathematically possible for it to be rated any worse:

check.com/index.php/
 42-2/

Since then it has been independently audited to rate as either "good" or "excellent" depending on the department.

By all means dislike a party for what it represents but flying in the face of a public audit smacks of a desperate argument.”

Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 08:39:55 PM »

The Oliver Donachie commenting on Adver threads claims his wife / partner is not a councillor?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10232578.Labour_in_bid_to_save_front_line_services/
Proud to be gone

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 11:56:45 AM »

The Oliver Donachie commenting on Adver threads claims his wife / partner is not a councillor?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10232578.Labour_in_bid_to_save_front_line_services/

Maybe she's binned the troll. Whatever, Olives 'Sans-Emma Faramarzi' Adver doppelganger is plugging the carefully anonymised swindonlibelcheck website with as much enthusiasm as a masturbating chimpanzee.

Coincidence? :)

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »
Coincidence?

Probably not as that person has since confessed that his partner is a councillor after all

I guess we'll never know  :popcorn:
Proud to be gone

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Re: The Latest Olive-Type Wheeze....
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 02:54:13 PM »
Coincidence?

Probably not as that person has since confessed that his partner is a councillor after all

*Sighs*. This sort of denial/admission behaviour is endemic in the political classes. I interpret it as an instinctive urge to disagree with any statement made by someone they don't like - and will twist the truth or tell an outright lie rather than agree with a factual statement made by someone they see as the 'enemy'.

Pathetic, and I imagine quite hurtful to the girlfriend/wife/partner/other he denied being attached to.

Still, his relationships are of little interest. More interesting to note that he remains the sole promoter of the website in question.

Posted from Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2 App.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 03:52:46 PM »
Alas,it appears that some people operate so many sock-puppet identities that they've actually forgotten who they really are - and which lies contradict.

:(
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 09:34:05 AM »
Sorry guys but it is quite clear who Oliver Donachie is

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10232578.Labour_in_bid_toOliver_Donachie says...
7:01pm Sat 16 Feb 13

Empty Car Park wrote:
Oliver Donachie says
The reason I have a huge degree of skepticism regarding anything the Labour party in Swindon has to say is because the last time they controlled the budget the every Swindon council tax payer saw his or her bills rise nearly 50% whilst they oversaw our town being rated on of the 13 worse in the entire country.

Surely your main concern regarding a Labour takeover of the council is not because of some selected ancient numbers.

Surely your main concern of a Labour takeover of the councils is that your wife is currently s conservative cabinet member.

Plus you hope that your comments on here might help your next personal election attempt as your last one failed so miserably,

Must be time for Tim Newroman again ;-)
I see you have 0 comments about the nature of the article itself, so I am not sure what you are trying to add, but to answer the points you make.

1: The figures are not ancient, many Labour Councillors who oversaw the disastrous mismanagement of our town are still in exactly the same seats today, although you would expect a mass resignation over such a high profile event as a town nearly being put into administration.

2: What Labour takeover? They remain in the minority because the people of Swindon continue to reject the nature of the politics they run and have done for nearly a decade.

3: The only concern to me and my family about Labour "taking over" the council (if it ever happened) would be to have to live through another catastrophic raise in council tax and presumably a return to a failing rating within audits.

4: I was delighted to have stood against the leader of the Labour party, my only surprise was that as a novice in the Labour "stronghold" of Swindon up against people who had been in the seat for decades I managed to secure 850+ votes largely off the back of the residents who feel utter apathy at the "service" they receive from their Labour Councillors.

5: I am Oliver Donachie, I have and use one login, it is called Oliver Donachie.
_save_front_line_services/

but, is he doing himself or the his Conservative colleagues any favours when he writes?

Oliver_Donachie says...
8:18pm Sat 16 Feb 13

"Empty"

Can you please calculate the cost of the Labour parties rise in council tax by 43% to the nearest Million vs the cost of everything you raise above?

Once you do, you have my answer.

To repeat my key point from another other threads you keep spamming in a desperate attempt to divert attention to anything other than an analysis of Labours mismanagement of Swindon.

"I am not entirely sure what my partner having being anything to do with politics has on this discussion Swindon, but as you seem so energetic I am happy to point out how silly you are, a few facts:

1: In my house my entire family was raised to think independently of each other meaning we are more than welcome to talk about anything we wish in any manner we wish, I appreciate this may be different in your home and differ from how you were raised.

2: I do not have a wife. I am not married.

3: My partner is not on the Council.

Can the grown ups continue to talk about budgets now?"

A bit of a contradiction, is this guy real or does Emma tell him what to write?

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 07:03:22 PM »
That recent example would be hilarious, were it not such a self obsessed tragedy.

In slightly more detail...

Oliver_Donachie says...
5:16pm Sat 16 Feb 13

Jim Grants Labour party should be judged on its actions, not on his words:

check.com/index.php/
42-2/

check.com/index.php/
42-2/

Leave it for readers to decide

Empty Car Park says...
7:52pm Sat 16 Feb 13

It's a good job the Conservatives are so efficient with our money.

Not as if they'd waste it on wifi, feasability studies for dead end ditches, pointless inefficient road alterations, overpriced giant patios, etc

Oh wait a minute...
They do

I still suspect your main concern for a Labour takeover of SBC is that your wife is currently a conservative cabinet member of the council

Oliver_Donachie says...
8:18pm Sat 16 Feb 13

1: In my house my entire family was raised to think independently of each other meaning we are more than welcome to talk about anything we wish in any manner we wish, I appreciate this may be different in your home and differ from how you were raised.

2: I do not have a wife. I am not married.

3: My partner is not on the Council.

Empty Car Park says...
8:32pm Sat 16 Feb 13

I do apologise.

I didn't realise your partner had left or been removed from Swindon Bourough Council

That must be very recent

Oliver_Donachie says...
8:48pm Sat 16 Feb 13

My partner is a Councillor.
Some Councillors are selected to be on the Swindon Council cabinet.
My partner has never been on Council cabinet and can therefore not leave it or be removed from it.

Can the grown ups continue to talk about budgets now

So.....
After half an hour, Oliver realises that his partner is a councillor after all?

Later, it was also suggested that his partner is a Board Member of Swindon Strategic Economic Partnership , but those comments were removed.

Later....

"Tim Newroman" steps in to answer on Olivers behalf (as he so often does for "RichardR1")

Tim Newroman says...
6:45pm Sun 17 Feb 13

Davey Gravey wrote:
@ Oliver
A biased anti labour site. Could do a far worse one for the Conservatives i'm sure. Passed history isn't dealing with the here and now so irrelivant anyway.
What is wrong with what Labour are proposing?

The Labour party spent 10 years telling everyone who'd listen that Gordon Brown was the 'best' chancellor the nation had ever seen. Oh dear.

Labour have never, ever been able to manage financies or the economy and have always run the country into the ground and left it bankrupt. It's easy to spend other people's money, but it rarely ends well - as Labour have demonstrated, time and again.

Nobody, but nobody, takes Labour seriously when it comes to budgets, finance or the economy. I doubt they ever will.

Ironically, even the Adver commenters realised (very early) that the "Labour check" website was nothing more than a farcical personal hate campaign.

The outcome of which will probably be the polar opposite of the original intention
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:55:55 PM by I Could Do That »
Proud to be gone

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 12:18:48 AM »
And the man himself sat behind me at Council tonight in the Public Gallery and introduced himself.

and Emma came upstairs to see him, how sweet.

He seems to be very interested and I guess hopes that they will give him a better opportunity next elections.

Well anyone who sits out tonight has got to be interested, a bit of a damp squib really

or was it that I managed to video some of it and they were on their best behaviour?