Author Topic: Groundbreaking or Farce / Public To Decide Ideal Location For School  (Read 18727 times)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: Groundbreaking or Farce / Public To Decide Ideal Location For School
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2013, 07:21:10 PM »
Be glad that I wan't using a rifle when I hit the wrong target

I was very accurate up to 300 french metres with the giant firestick.

I actually tried to recall what I had posted in case I had kicked the arse out of it at some point AND I was being given a hint.  (If I was I clearly haven't taken it)

My butt number  for the rifle that could hit the moon was 378 and it was wooden and short even though I'm gangly with a hint of chubby, I liked to snuggle in. Probably in the hands of a Syrian freedom fighter now.

Sorry, I'm maudlin about the withdrawal of BAOR, it's 1980 all over again at the moment.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline jayjay

• Hello !
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 10:53:27 AM »
Currently being delivered, (and recently added to the TS Political Leaflet Library: A leaflet from Conservative Cllr's Emma Faramarzi, Toby Elliot & Mark Edwards in association with Justin Tomlinson MP

Click thumbnail for pdf

Readers might remember that Cllrs Faramarzi & Elliot 'U' Turned on their 2012 pre-election campaign pledges to 'Oppose Innapropriate Development like Tadpole Lane', then betrayed the same residents they'd conned by becoming avid supporters of the Tadpole lane development shortly after being elected.  Cllr Elliot, then newly appointed to the planning Committee by Rod Bluh, (himself both council leader and chairman of the pork barrelappointments committee), was the planning committee proposer that the development should be approved. I've heard more than one resident refer to him as the Judas Goat.

Oh my ... What a lot of waffle from the powers that would be .. No time to comment in detail at the mo... Will look back at sbc's very own records for a more info and post later today.

Kareen

Just noticed something.

The Conservative web site is "www.prioryvale.info" -  see the leaflet.

In the Link magazine:

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?EID=2af8be80-a0eb-4007-9162-b46c126b8a40

page 5 "Priory Vale Community website under new management" - Emma Faramarzi

The web site address is "www.prioryvale.net"

Make of it what you will.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 04:53:39 PM »
http://www.oakhurstresidents.blogspot.co.uk/

FRIDAY, 8 MARCH 2013

Redhouse Village Centre Update
ORA have learnt today that planning permission has been granted for 33 houses at Redhouse Village Centre and the permission gives further news on the community centre site.

Residents have been asking us what is happening to the Redhouse school site in light of comments made yesterday in the Adver by Cllr David Renard, who was still driving forward the Mouldon Hill site.

This planning decision signals the end of the cafe culture promised to so many residents who bought their houses in Priory Vale and effectively signals the end of the proposed school site nearby. 

The consultation ends in two days and there will be disappointed residents who were hoping for a site at Redhouse.

It appears that building houses still comes before a doctor's surgery, school places and retail units. 

What's new there?

and look at this as well!!

http://194.73.99.13:8080/WAM/doc/Other-381127.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=381127&location=VOLUME5&contentType=&pageCount=1

Well Well, if you want Moulden Hill David (Renard), why not eliminate the other possibilities before the consultation is complete?

I wonder if Devid Renard will sink with his piles on the Moulden Hill site and take Swindon with it (him) financially?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
Class Solutions needs Mouldon Hill
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »
The Mouldon Hill site ( either entrance) comes with the Class Solutions design.

It is fairly obvious that the Croft was set up and the public stitched up to use this as the prototype and brochure for this half baked venture cobbled together in secret.

The Croft school, wonderful though the education may be and I hope is inside ,  is an eyesore. It looks as though all of the money has been spent on shoring up the ground and assembing MFI like sheds and roofs. All the other stuff necessary for a school.. like playgrounds and fences and entrances etc., look as though they came from the back garage at SCS . All a bit Blue Peter'ish.

A recent article in the Adver about the Croft featured a head of the White Horse Federation  waxing lyrical about the design and their involvement in it and , if I recall, stated that Class Solutions would be the design for all new schools in Swindon.

Now how on earth could a member of the WHF state or even know this? Do elected members know this? Where has this been minuted? And has anyone told St Joseph's?

Not sure what the representative of the WHF was selling... education or construction... if the latter it is to be wondered what the WHF's interest is. As with all things, this will no doubt come out sooner or later.

To date, not a single elected member has been seen anywhere near the Croft to have the usual photographs taken.. although an unlamented and aged past WC is regularly spotted driving slowly past...all a bit distasteful... obviously lacks the backbone to get out of the car?

In the same Adver article there was a lament that SBC/SCS or WHF? had not yet been able to sell this 'flagship design' to other Councils.

SBC/SCS appear to still believe that Class Solutions is a goer and they need somewhere to 'show it off'.

The Class Solutions design ( the sheer scale of which , rumour has it, shocked even the SCS chappies who had to assemble it) will dwarf nearby homes ... I would suggest it can only be built in wide open spaces far far away for communities.

Class Solutions needs Mouldon Hill.

It will be interesting to see what Cllr Renard puts forward for his report for North Swindon 2014 school places. 

As a result of the Croft , the public can see how the administration works in its use of open and green public space for school place planning. It is not a pretty sight.
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline bobwright

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2013, 08:29:25 PM »
St Josephs have their own design.

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2013, 10:12:15 PM »
Is it  a flagship design  :-\
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
Is Redhouse SBC's version of Schrodinger’s Cat?
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »
Crunch time is coming when the lead member for schools and North Swindon cllr must lay his cards on the table for the site of the 2014 North Swindon School. At the moment, the public have been invited to consider Redhouse as one of the potential sites.

http://www.swindon.gov.uk/northswindonprimary

Would this be the same Redhouse for which the planning system shows PA S/12/0711: application for 33 houses and a charge of £240,000 to SBC for the land for a community centre?

http://195.89.201.121/PublicAccess77/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=M45QHRPT97000

PA S/12/0711 which states it was granted approval on 6/3/2013 by committee but for which no minutes of presentation to or approval by the planning committee exist?  Are elected members no longer necessary in the decision making process?  Or was someone trying to hide this from public view?

Is this SBC’s version of Schrodinger’s Cat? Can Redhouse be both a site for a school and a site for 33 houses/ community centre at the same time? 

Has the lead member been caught like a fox in the henhouse?  ‘Unintentionally’ misleading the public again?

It has been stated that on election of the next leader, it will be back to business as usual.

Profligacy?  Arrogance?   Ineptitude?  Deceit?  There are more than a few names which come to mind as fully paid up members of this club.

Business as usual?  God help us all.

In the meantime, what will the lead member offer to the parents and children of North Swindon?

The clock is ticking.
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
Re: Re: Is Redhouse SBC's version of Schrodinger’s Cat?
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »
Would this be the same Redhouse for which the planning system shows PA S/12/0711: application for 33 houses and a charge of £240,000 to SBC for the land for a community centre?

http://195.89.201.121/PublicAccess77/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=M45QHRPT97000

PA S/12/0711 which states it was granted approval on 6/3/2013 by committee but for which no minutes of presentation to or approval by the planning committee exist?  Are elected members no longer necessary in the decision making process?  Or was someone trying to hide this from public view?

Strangely invisible. Submitted in May, validated in June, target date for determination September, but no sign of it in any of the Planning Committee meeting minutes since it was submitted. I notice that the 'actual committee date' is blank on the planning portal too. As this is one of the statutory committees, one would hope that record keeping was rather more accurate.

If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline oldtowner

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2013, 01:59:30 PM »
St Josephs have their own design.

Do you know why they chose not to use Class Solutions given the claims made by SBC thats its faster and cheaper to build and cheaper to maintain?

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2013, 02:01:35 PM »
A little Scarlet Pimpleish minutes  here minutes there they seek the minutes everywhere  :-\

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2013, 02:13:54 PM »
Do you know why they chose not to use Class Solutions given the claims made by SBC thats its faster and cheaper to build and cheaper to maintain?

Because that claim is fatuous bullshit.

Just guessing mind.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »
I know you are guessing as there is not a shred of evidence to support what you say where a pope speaks ex cathedra by proclamation of assumptive dogma  :-\

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2013, 02:29:41 PM »

Strangely invisible. Submitted in May, validated in June, target date for determination September, but no sign of it in any of the Planning Committee meeting minutes since it was submitted. I notice that the 'actual committee date' is blank on the planning portal too. As this is one of the statutory committees, one would hope that record keeping was rather more accurate.

Does this mean if there is no record of the decision and decision makers then the decision itself is open to challenge ?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2013, 02:34:04 PM »
Do I detect a letter in the making to Chairman Lovell Jenny?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2013, 02:35:15 PM »
Or will a letter be directed to Dale 'Reindeer' Heenan instead?

or both?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2013, 11:44:36 PM »

Unless the record keeping is deliberately inaccurate.  Politically expedient to hide the inconvenient and embarrassing fact that a site which is supposedly being presented to the public as a potential site for a new school has already been purchased by Swindon Borough Council and earmarked as the site of the Cll Vera Tomlinson Community Centre and the final resting place of at least £700,000 which the MP's mother had 'won' from the 106 monies Cllr Peter Stoddart had described as being 'Plundered' by his own colleagues.  Cllr Stoddart has since been erased from the group memory.

If the site isn't available, and Councillors know that it isn't available, then their 'CONsulting' with the public on it is yet another insulting deception, another lie.

Meanwhile, if this site isn't available as a site for a new school, the public might question why SBC is promoting the pretence that that it is.  In fact they might like to ask Justin Tomlinson MP why he has has assisted them in doing so by publishing, promoting and distributing a leaflet which details the pro and cons of siting a school on it.

I find it hard to believe that the North Swindon MP would have forgotten his Mothers long running 'championing' of her own causes or be unaware of her current activities, or that her political colleagues in North Swindon would conspire in aiding, abetting, counselling and procuring him to create and promote a misleading picture of what is really going on in his patch?

I rather thought he'd risen above that sort of thing when he left his SBC cabinet seat behind and parked his buttocks on the Westminster back benches.  Someone should ask him whether he condones deliberately misleading the public during public consultations.  I can't, he's not my MP, but I might ask Robert Buckland whether he condones it. Because they share an office I'm sure they'll have ample opportunity to discuss it and get their stories and positions straight. *

*Edit 11/03/2013 - I'd just remembered I received a copy of the letter signed by Justin Tomlinson (and distributed by the Priory Vale Conservative Crew) and it states that the Redhouse site has planning permission for a pub/eatery and that there will be: "great disappointment if this facility were to be taken away".

So what's the plan?, is it to be Vera Tomlinsons community centre or a pub eatery?, it will almost certainly not be a school which means it, as a consultation 'option' was a fake one.

It's in the Talkswindon Leaflet Library (2013 section)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:28:04 AM by Geoff Reid »

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2013, 07:54:27 AM »
Or will a letter be directed to Dale 'Reindeer' Heenan instead?

or both?

Have asked the legal support to the planning committee for  direction to the minute which records this committee decision.

Should be straightforward to get to the facts.

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »
Meanwhile, if this site isn't available as a site for a new school, the public might question why SBC is promoting the pretence that that it is.  In fact they might like to ask Justin Tomlinson MP why he has has assisted them in doing so by publishing, promoting and distributing a leaflet which details the pro and cons of siting a school on it.

I find it hard to believe that the North Swindon MP would have forgotten his Mothers long running 'championing' of her own causes or be unaware of her current activities, or that her political colleagues in North Swindon would conspire in aiding, abetting, counselling and procuring him to create and promote a misleading picture of what is really going on in his patch?

I rather thought he'd risen above that sort of thing when he left his SBC cabinet seat behind and parked his buttocks on the Westminster back benches.  Someone should ask him whether he condones deliberately misleading the public during public consultations.  I can't, he's not my MP, but I might ask Robert Buckland whether he condones it. Because they share an office I'm sure they'll have ample opportunity to discuss it and get their stories and positions straight. *

*Edit 11/03/2013 - I'd just remembered I received a copy of the letter signed by Justin Tomlinson (and distributed by the Priory Vale Conservative Crew) and it states that the Redhouse site has planning permission for a pub/eatery and that there will be: "great disappointment if this facility were to be taken away".

So what's the plan?, is it to be Vera Tomlinsons community centre or a pub eatery?, it will almost certainly not be a school which means it, as a consultation 'option' was a fake one.

It's in the Talkswindon Leaflet Library (2013 section)

Tee-Hee, so Justin Tomlinson is syaing that people will be disappointed if they don't get the pub they've already been promised and for which planning permission already exists, so what will they think about his Mother building her memorial hall there instead?  Or have I got this wrong?

I'm outside Chez Vile using the vile gentlemans wifi. Wonder if he'll give me some more free tea as he puts me straight over this Redhouse/Moulden Hill business?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2013, 11:20:24 AM »
Is Justin Thomlinson losing his influence or is it that he cannot be trusted on anything he says?

(doing a Mart now)

Just asking!!

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2013, 07:06:58 PM »
I'm not wholely convinced by the argument that, as this site has planning permission for a pub, it won't be used for a school or community centre instead. There's not much demand for new pubs at the moment from the pub chains.

If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c