Author Topic: The Advertiser and unemployment  (Read 5163 times)

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
Re: The Advertiser and unemployment
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 08:17:52 AM »
I Note the return of "Bobby Wright" in the latest job losses Adver topic.
Haven't seen that login used for a long time

Is it my imagination or are there little cryptic messages for certain TS logins?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10190418.Council_contractor_is_to_shed_70_jobs/

Bobby Wright says...
10:04am Tue 29 Jan 13
About time they got rid of some of the laziest workers in Swindon. More breaks than Steve Davies, housing maintenance trolls leaving rubbish all over the place because they’re too lazy to take it back to the depot to dispose of it.
The grass cutter leaving a total mess of the pavements as they swan around on their motormowers like big kids on a go kart track.
For too long these former council employees have been on a gravy train of perks and practices where a hard days work is something they only laugh at.
Lets see a few more of these Tea Boys go and maybe we’ll get some decent contractors providing better services for the money we pay in council tax.
Proud to be gone

Offline Muggins

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 09:04:40 AM »
Des, you have a very unpleasant way of trying to evoke some emotion in me, which does you no credit at all.

Those in power can use all the reason and logic that they want - their actions and decisions result in powerful emotions at the receiving end whether they (or you) like it or not.

When people have those 'bad' emotions of fear and anger, their own reason and logic can go out the window and lead them to actions in which that they would not normally engage.

The more people that are fearful and angry, the more likely that action becomes.

Can't you feel the fear and anger then, Des? 'cause I blessed can.

It's reasonable and logical to be feeling it right now.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 09:55:20 AM »
I know some economically inactive people who have passed the threshold of retirement some time ago I know some economically inactive people under the retirement age in their 50s and 60s all spend hundreds of pounds a week on the internet and travelling out to other towns. Hardly any economic activity takes place in Swindon by them, they drive French and German cars have houses full of electrical goods etc made off these shore. Drink Australian and new world wines wines. All they buy in Swindon is bread and milk and the odd newspaper and use the post here.

Swindon has a great deal of economic inactivity going on  by people with money in their bank accounts whose fault is that  :o
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Muggins

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »
If their money is in the bank it's being used by the bank economically.......if money is coming in and goign out of an household - and unless they are not getting light or heat, then money is going out.

Doesn't matter what or where the money is spent.  They are part of the global ecomomy.

The term used by government is not a correct term, they just mean people that are not working.

That's different to econimically active or inactive.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »

Is it my imagination or are there little cryptic messages for certain TS logins?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10190418.Council_contractor_is_to_shed_70_jobs/

Bobby Wright says...
About time they got rid of some of the laziest workers in Swindon. More breaks than Steve Davies, housing maintenance trolls leaving rubbish all over the place because they’re too lazy to take it back to the depot to dispose of it.
The grass cutter leaving a total mess of the pavements as they swan around on their motormowers like big kids on a go kart track.
For too long these former council employees have been on a gravy train of perks and practices where a hard days work is something they only laugh at.
Lets see a few more of these Tea Boys go and maybe we’ll get some decent contractors providing better services for the money we pay in council tax.

Former council employees if Bobby is Wright and it is the case why have  I been led to believe by Tories (who some insist you can never trust) that everything is rosy in the private sector garden   :-\

Offline Martin Wicks

• Personal Website
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »
What sort of individual applauds people being made redundant. He hardly merits the description of human being does he? Whoever he is.

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 04:32:49 PM »
What sort of individual applauds people being made redundant. He hardly merits the description of human being does he? Whoever he is.

Frim what I read in the newspapers Trolling is aimed at getting such responses from reasonable people don't give the p**** the satisfaction  :-\

Offline Muggins

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 05:40:17 PM »
What sort of individual applauds people being made redundant.

Unemotional??   ;D

Seems to me that if he has the time to watch other working or otherwise, he's not much better himself.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »

Bobby Wright says...

Nothing cryptic about it and Tea Boy, if he thinks about it, knows who Bobby is....

.....but what is abundantly clear to the rest of us, I think, is that 'Bobby' is a coward who hides behind a pseudonym intended to somehow tar Cllr Bob Wright.

Bobby is thick but his thickness does lend him a retarded brilliance with which he illuminates the Adver Mastabatorium with the cheerful and happy reality of Rod Bluh's policy towards the 'Labelled Lackeys', (Bluh's description, not mine), of Swindon Commercial Services workers.

I'm sure Bluh's Christmas message of 2009 contained the boast that he had turned SCS from a 'failure into a success', but now Bluh's www support crew are employing the same slanderous tactics against SCS workers that they used against Anne Marie Black and the other Domicillary Homecare Team workers before ex-cllr Peter 'Walking Dead' Mallinson gave them the chop.

Bobby has probably never read Mein Kampf but I reckon he will be intimately familiar with the life work of Herr Paul Joseph Goebbels - a German politician and Reich Minister of Propaganda in Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945.

Heil Bobby.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 09:30:11 PM »
Bobby has probably never read Mein Kampf

I have. It's shit.

It was however much more edifying than the Adver comments page. Which is more shit.

I visit it very infrequently and generally find the name calling and general 'banter' of a pretty low standard, very rarely getting on nodding terms with wit.

Shit maybe, but not wit.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Jodie Maggio

• Hello !
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 11:02:34 PM »
Bobby has probably never read Mein Kampf

I have. It's shit.

It was however much more edifying than the Adver comments page. Which is more shit.

I visit it very infrequently and generally find the name calling and general 'banter' of a pretty low standard, very rarely getting on nodding terms with wit.

Shit maybe, but not wit.

I must admit I struggled with Mein Kampf

As for the Adver comments page. I find the leader's Eim Kamp Mein Kampf column to be a bigger pile of scheisse

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 07:30:08 AM »
More jobs are going in Swindon than being created yep Swindon is bucking the trend and it looks as if the recovery is passing us by  :-\

Offline Martin Wicks

• Personal Website
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 10:58:18 AM »
Here's a more detailed analysis of the latest ONS employment stats:

http://martinwicks.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/ons-employment-figures-show-a-structural-jobs-crisis/

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 02:09:24 PM »
Des, you have a very unpleasant way of trying to evoke some emotion in me, which does you no credit at all.

And i could say exactly the same about you Muggins. Sometimes you use such overblown terms to support your views that it takes more than a pin prick to deflate them.

Can't you feel the fear and anger then, Des?

Yes i certainly can - but whereas you only see the rich and powerful making decisions which 'only' affect those you consider to be the poor and down trodden, i do try to see a wider section of the community and empathise with them.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 04:05:10 PM »
"Sometimes you use such overblown terms to support your views that it takes more than a pin prick to deflate them."

Still trying to work out if you are accusing me of exaggeration or telling fibs?

"I do try to see a wider section of the community and empathise with them."

That's funny, I thought I was surrounded by the wider community too. But I wouldn't waste too much of my time on empathising with them that don't need it - or want it.