Author Topic: Patel's Pay-Off : Hitesh Patel Trousers A Wedge  (Read 7490 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Patel's Pay-Off : Hitesh Patel Trousers A Wedge
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »

I note that the Adver has run a story detailing Hitesh Patels pay off.

I also note that the Accidental Director of the WiFi'asco will trouser a bit more than the £96,400 I'd previously mentioned......

.....and quite a lot more than Celia Carrington, Deputy Chief Executive of SBC, was given when the ilk pushed her out.

Carrington was neither incompetent or tainted by failure, so why is Patel being so generously rewarded  for being what Carrington wasn't ?

Posted from Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2 App.

Offline Jodie Maggio

• Hello !
Re: Patel's Pay-Off : Hitesh Patel Trousers A Wedge
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »
Hush money? your mouth  Geoff Reid   ::)

Is he going to become the fall guy for all this administration's failings?

At least if he falls on his backside then the wedge in his trousers should cushion the fall.

Offline oldtowner

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:02:03 PM »
Maybe redundancy payments are related to the magnitude and cost to the taxpayer of disasters or failures one leaves behind.... which would explain why all the hard working council employees (whose endeavours benefit the residents of Swindon)  that are due to be , or already have been, made redundant will be leaving with small wedgettes

Wonder what sort of a wedge Bluh would get in his trousers?  Or does he not qualify for redundancy?

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:34:29 PM »
Coun Bluh states:
Mr Patel could have received a payout equal to his annual wage.

Not if his contract didn't allow for it he couldn't.

If his Notice Period is 3 months then he is currently working it - he was advised in December his services would no longer be required, so January, February and March is the 3 months notice.

He has been employed by SBC for 8 years therefore he is entitled (under Statutory Redundancy) to 12 weeks redundancy payment.

If he being paid more then surely it is clear that his termination is not a genuine redundancy.

In August 2012 Coun Bluh said the 'redundancy' payments to Celia Carrington et al - were a 'one off' and acknowledged that "It's a big problem when you are contracting an organisation that you don't want to make the situation worse by having to have large sums paid out in redundancy"

Clearly when Coun Bluh considers you to be so important that he gives you a key role in managing the two areas of greatest concern, future IT strategy and Wichelstowe - you need to be very afraid for your future career.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 07:51:14 AM »
I wonder how much of this situation is relevant to the Wi-fi enquiry?

No doubt we will all find out in good time!

and as regards the 'wedge' it was my understanding they were quite desperate to keep it quiet.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Muggins

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 08:20:15 AM »
What we found scary was that the quotes in the adver appeared tentative, expecting a backlash.

It was almost like they knew it was too much, or would appear that way to us out here and therefore sort of said it would be their last mistake and look at their policy so that it doesn't happen again.

i.e. when Greg the Gritter, Bev the Binman, or Cindy Clerk gets his/her redundancy package it will be greatly reduced!
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Jean

• Jefferies Land Conservation Trust
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 09:06:11 AM »
The story is here if you haven't seen it.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10180922.Swindon_Council_director_to_get___100k_redundancy_payout/

This amount would keep many people going for 10 years or more. My heart bleeds for him.

I wonder what sort of payout Gavin Jones might receive if they decided to get rid of their Chief Exec?
Live simply so that others might simply live

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »
i.e. when Greg the Gritter, Bev the Binman, or Cindy Clerk gets his/her redundancy package it will be greatly reduced!

Muggins as ever you are on the ball you are right it won't be anything like it, because they work for a private ltd company and not the council  :-\
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Muggins

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 09:16:41 AM »

Muggins as ever you are on the ball you are right it won't be anything like it, because they work for a private ltd company and not the council  :-\

Yes, just generalising, just replace those workers for the lowlier SBC workers, it's all the same. Anyone with  an Orange doofer around their neck.

Apart from the Wifi thingy, remind me what Hitesh actually did to offend?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 09:27:14 AM »
Yes, just generalising, just replace those workers for the lowlier SBC workers, it's all the same. Anyone with  an Orange doofer around their neck.

I thought the council colour was orange its a bet that a fair wedge of the orange doofer wearers necks are necks of workers of private limited companies working for the council  :-\

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 10:07:53 AM »
Apart from the Wifi thingy, remind me what Hitesh actually did to offend?

You do bemuse me sometimes M, this has nothing to do with the man but has everything to do with the principle.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 10:34:27 AM »

I thought the council colour was orange its a bet that a fair wedge of the orange doofer wearers necks are necks of workers of private limited companies working for the council  :-\

Or more likely they work for a company wholly (and conveniently) owned by SBC . Arms length enough  to take the blame but close enough to be wholly controlled by the councillors
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Muggins

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 01:11:14 PM »
Yes, Richard (sigh)!

Just asking for a reminder of why we are interested him in the first place! Or is it just the sum we are interested in. Are principles only about cash?

ph1lc

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 01:24:18 PM »
Yes, Richard (sigh)!

Just asking for a reminder of why we are interested him in the first place! Or is it just the sum we are interested in. Are principles only about cash?

Why - anyone who can "accidentally" become a director of a company cannot be trusted with the level of responsibility that Patel was entrusted with - simples!1

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 02:15:41 PM »

We are interested in him because he is a highly paid Director who is leaving with a big wedge which would not be available to ordinary workers in the same position.  He is the Director for Business Transformation whatever that is!!

Additionally it will be interesting to see if his leaving affects the W-fi situation in any way as regards the availability of information relating to it?

ph1lc

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 05:23:15 PM »
[
Additionally it will be interesting to see if his leaving affects the W-fi situation in any way as regards the availability of information relating to it?

Would think so Richard - there are questions that only he can answer.  They've got him out of the way quite nicely.

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »
I'm not sure any of the politicians on the sub committee has an appetite for any serious searching for answers.

The reality is that they will not tell the public 'the whole truth' at best we will get a sanitised version of the truth.

I doubt they will even ask where the money actually went and that includes the £67k spent on 'Business Intelligence etc'

As for the second tranche of £250k - I suspect that was gone before Coun Perkins went to his first board meeting in June/July.

Saddest thing of all is that political talk is cheapened by any attempt to sweep issues under the carpet.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
I'm not sure any of the politicians on the sub committee has an appetite for any serious searching for answers.

The reality is that they will not tell the public 'the whole truth' at best we will get a sanitised version of the truth.

I doubt they will even ask where the money actually went and that includes the £67k spent on 'Business Intelligence etc'

As for the second tranche of £250k - I suspect that was gone before Coun Perkins went to his first board meeting in June/July.

Saddest thing of all is that political talk is cheapened by any attempt to sweep issues under the carpet.

Don't disagree with any of the above Des, but as for Perkins as an Experienced Businessman and Company Director would you have expected to do something more than attend a Board Meeting in June July 2010 when he was appointed in April? 

You and I, being guardians of public money, would have wanted to see the books the following day.  If he did not do this is he not as guilty as anyone of impropriety?

We have not heard the end of this by a long chalk!

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 08:24:56 AM »
Don't disagree with any of the above Des, but as for Perkins as an Experienced Businessman and Company Director would you have expected to do something more than attend a Board Meeting in June July 2010 when he was appointed in April? 

Richard, you assume much of Des and you both need to consider it could have been accidental that the time elapsed as he may not have been aware he was a director in April  :-\

Brandysnap

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 09:08:45 AM »
Mick

If you don't mind me saying are you mixing your metaphors (threads)  Mr Perkins is a director and there is nothing accidental about it.