Author Topic: Honda To Make 780'ish Redundant  (Read 4707 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: Honda To Make 780'ish Redundant
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »
It could say that the rich are getting richer and buying Jags, but those on meeker budgets can't even afford the budget cars?? 

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 06:54:32 PM »
Goody all of them in Honda can go and work there, no need to worry then!

Do I sense a touch of sarcasm in this Muggins or are you taking a Tebitt approach.

It could say that the rich are getting richer and buying Jags, but those on meeker budgets can't even afford the budget cars??

I think it's fair to say that those on 'meeker budgets' are buying cars, possibly not new cars unless it is one of the brands which sells fantastic value without a 'pretty' badge.

However, lets not forget that if the rich are getting richer and buying Jags it is the rich who are providing employment opportunities.  Its so easy to knock wealth - but I am always glad to hear that wealthy people are spending money - its all about the economic circle of life

Offline Muggins

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 07:18:25 PM »
Des Quote "However, lets not forget that if the rich are getting richer and buying Jags it is the rich who are providing employment opportunities.  Its so easy to knock wealth - but I am always glad to hear that wealthy people are spending money - its all about the economic circle of life"

I have no problem with the wealthy spending their earned or ill gotten gains. I suppose like the poorer, they have their share of decent people. :santa_smiley:

So long as they are paying a fair price and a fair wage to those who make the stuff.  And on other threads this week and before I have pointed out that robots can build cars but they don't buy cars. 

The question was, why are Honda making redundancies - whilst Jag are taking on a  similar amount. 

I hope to be weathly one day!  But working hard is not/has not going to make us so. 

Many are working hard and barely managing to keep the wolf from the door. In fact many are working hard, being made redundant and will be losing their doors.

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
The question was, why are Honda making redundancies - whilst Jag are taking on a  similar amount.

Seemples - no one in Europe is buying Honda cars and making cars only to keep people is work isn't the role of a manufacturer.

That would be the essence of a command economy so loved of the Communists.

Many are working hard and barely managing to keep the wolf from the door. In fact many are working hard, being made redundant and will be losing their doors.

And 'we' are spending over £120 billion per annum on supporting those same people.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 08:27:55 AM »
That it really isn't it "These people".

Many of "These People" have been and will probably at some point become again the "We" that are paying towards the £120 billion to support them.

Ref the 'Wealthy' and my comment that I aspired to be one of them. Mr Muggins message is that and "Yes, and we only have a 1 in 14,000,000 chance of becoming one!" :santa_afro: