Author Topic: 90 Minutes Until 'Nero' Pickles Gives Bluh Budget Thumbs Up Or Down  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

Midday today, HMG announces local government grant levels....

.....is Bluh biting his nails?

Offline Mr Bojangles

• He said I dance now at every chance in honky tonks
Re: 90 Minutes Until 'Nero' Pickles Gives Bluh Budget Thumbs Up Or Down
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 05:02:46 PM »
Figures are quite hard to untangle, but Swindon seems to have escaped lightly with a cut of 1.2%. Wiltshire is cut by 1.6%.

West Oxford, David Camerons Local Council,  sees an increase of 2.8% - must be a very deprived area!

Swindon's cut is £1.8m - I think this is less than the £4M suggested in last weeks Cabinet report (But I may not be comparing the same things.

The nerds amongst you can find the figures at http://www.local.communities.gov.uk/finance/1314/settle.htm

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
Re: 90 Minutes Until 'Nero' Pickles Gives Bluh Budget Thumbs Up Or Down
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 06:50:11 PM »
West Oxford, David Camerons Local Council,  sees an increase of 2.8% - must be a very deprived area![/url]

That's the Tories for you, if I remember rightly during the early 90's they wanted money from the EU for deprived areas to go into one big central pot instead of going to N.E. England or Wales or where ever.  Basically this would have allowed them to spend the money in rich Tory areas, I think the EU had to step in and say no you can't do that it must only be spent it the designated areas.