Author Topic: BBC Wiltshire item on development  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
BBC Wiltshire item on development
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:48:44 AM »
Anyone else hear this.?

I caught the end as the presenter thanked Oliver Donachie, Chairman of the Priory Vale Residents Association.

What was his input i wonder?

Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: BBC Wiltshire item on development
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:52:23 PM »

Didn't hear what Olive had to spout, but Does anyone know how many genuine resident members Olive's PVRA has?

Posted on Talkswindon.org using the Tapatalk 2 App for Android (also available for Apples & Blackberry's)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 10:03:43 PM »

Ah, I'm told that the PVRA has less members than the WiFi'sco had paying customers. This may or may not be true - I have no idea and even less interest to be honest, but I am interested in why the chairman of a residents association which appears to exist mostly in cyberspace and/or Olive's head would be waxing lyrical about Swindon developments.

Shouldn't it be his wife, the councillor, or is she no longer trusted after her role in the Tadpole lane betrayal?

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 01:24:42 AM »
I wonder if his wife realises what he gets up to on the adver site.

Would she approve or be embarrassed?
Proud to be gone

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 02:33:41 AM »
Well, they have a 'flexible' attitude towards other peoples log-ins, usernames and passwords, so who's to say some of those comments aren't made by Cllr Faramarzi herself?

Considering that 'membership' of the PVRA is apparently 'virtual' I'd be very cautious about submitting any personal data to either of them via email, blog comments or membership form unless I knew exactly who the data controller is, and who else might get or be 'given' access to it.

I'm also told that Olive wants residents who are tenants of SBC to supply details of their tenancy before they can contribute to PVRA on issues that affect them.

Sounds like Olive is either a control freak, nosey or looking to create influence and control.....or perhaps all of those.

Posted on Talkswindon.org using the Tapatalk 2 App for Android (also available for Apples & Blackberry's)

Offline Muggins

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 08:08:34 AM »
"I'm also told that Olive wants residents who are tenants of SBC to supply details of their tenancy before they can contribute to PVRA on issues that affect them"

Maybe the membership of PVRA is open Swindon wide, (which would be odd and questionable) if not then as far as I know there are no SBC tenants living in that whole area.......all social housing over there would be under the control of Housing Associations. 

However, Oliver has busied himself with tenants issues over on the SBC housing facebook page.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 09:03:54 AM »
Sounds like Olive is either a control freak, nosey or looking to create influence and control.....or perhaps all of those.

By his attitude on the Adver pages I would guess conrol freak and add bully to the list.
Problem with being a bully is that it only works if the "victims" are afraid of the bully or have something to lose.

I have often mentioned that I have no political connections and my acceptance of his "rendesvouz" at a previous Mela was quickly denied.

On a plus note, my picture was in Mondays' Adver' so perhaps he/they will get my name right in future.
Proud to be gone

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 06:31:50 PM »
Found it the whole programme on BBC wiltshire

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p010l2sp

about 27 minutes in Olive is 'in the studio' pushing the case FOR development
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:15:17 PM by Tea Boy »
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »

Thanks, I'll snag it later :)