Author Topic: *Please Read* - Planned Upgrade Going Offline Today - Sunday 25th November 2012  (Read 5507 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
I get these symptoms on Chrome but not on Firefox. Something's changed somewhere and can't seem to overcome it with the Chrome settings (of which there are legion).

Firstly, and I want to be very clear about this, I am not a user of Google Chrome and don't claim to be familiar with it because I will not allow it to be installed on my workstation.

Chrome's support page is here: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95582  it includes instructions on clearing chromes cache.

Clearing the google chrome cache might help. I can't definitively say that it will help, but it might.  You could also try upgrading your Chrome to the latest version. :)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
There's also shouting and pressing the keys really hard.

I still can't do pound signs. When I press 'pound' I get #.

I can do $ though.

Can't find the Euro key, which must irritate Belgium.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
*Please Read* - Planned Upgrade Going Offline Today - Sunday 25th November 2012
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »
Did you buy your computer from Rikki (Del Boy) Hunt, Mart?
What's it all about?

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
I still can't do pound signs. When I press 'pound' I get #.

I can do $ though.

Sounds like you're on US keyboard layout. I expect the @ and " symbols have swapped places too?

In Windows 7 you can change the keyboard layout to UK via the control panel -> clock, language and region -> change keyboards or other input methods -> keyboards and languages tab -> change keyboards button.

Can't remember off the top of my head where it is in XP, but it's somewhere in the control panel, look for things called keyboard settings, international settings, localization settings, something like that.
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Much funnier to convince him he's using the French or Bulgarian layout.....

Posted on Talkswindon.org using the Tapatalk 2 App for Android (also available for Apples & Blackberry's)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
#

Bugger
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.