Author Topic: Redhouse Wins a VT Village Hall  (Read 2583 times)

Mr Grumble

Redhouse Wins a VT Village Hall
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:21:23 PM »
Will the Cllr Tomlinson hall provision as promoted in the Link magazine become a reality?

If we've got ski sheds at Croft will we be told that this is nothing more than a glorified bus stop?

Anyone who lives in Redhouse seen the plans?

Rincewind

Re: Redhouse Wins a VT Village Hall
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 09:22:20 PM »
Just seen the article -

http://www.swindonlink.com/news/redhouse-community-building-moves-ahead-

If the jumper is anything to go by, are they trying to distract us from the lack of substance in the plans?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »
http://www.swindonlink.com/news/redhouse-community-building-moves-ahead-

'The architects have been asked to look at providing a larger footprint. However there is worry that the high price for the site being demanded by Crest Homes could limit what can be delivered.'

Says it all really!!

Totally at the behest of Crest Homes, and following the aprroval of Tadpole Farm without this being covered, at their mercy.

Weren't Crest supposed to provide this facility originally?

Is this Council capable of any meaningful negotiations on our behalf or don't they understand the meaning of the word?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »
“Designed by Swindon Council architects Tony Currivan and David Neale”

So, is Tony Currivan an employee of Swindon Borough Council, Swindon Commercial Services or does he in fact work for his own company, Geomantic Designs Ltd along with his fellow director and wife, Dr. Jude Currivan? (who is a “planetary healer, cosmologist and internationally acclaimed author.”)

Another question: Are planetary healers and / or cosmologists the same thing as "Geomancers" and do they have a thing about wooden sheds?
What's it all about?

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 03:04:47 PM »
Are planetary healers and / or cosmologists the same thing as "Geomancers

Can they cure Uranus? Apparently it's got Mercury in it's retrograde or something.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 03:57:01 PM »
How will this all be paid for and is it not the loss of a village green  :-\
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Rincewind

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
How will it be paid for?  I seem to remember a TS thread last year about how VT had 'won back' £750k that they had previously given away from the Haydon 3 section 106 fund.

This amount will not go far when it comes to a community centre - maybe VT is thinking more on the lines of a community chalet?

The recent planning application for 33 houses and a community centre at Redhouse had reams of detail about the houses, but nothing more than a rectangle labelled 'community centre here'.  It did not cover all of the green space but there is precious little of that in Redhouse.  I gather most of the objections to the plans came from residents next to the green space who did not want it built on.

Does Redhouse really need even more houses to offset the community centre?  Has anyone polled the residents to see what they want?  Would they, given a free choice, want to see an open green space or a community chalet with more houses?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »
How will it be paid for?  I seem to remember a TS thread last year about how VT had 'won back' £750k that they had previously given away from the Haydon 3 section 106 fund.

That would be this one: Vera Tomlinson Has 'Won' £700,000 of 106 Money to 'Spend' In The North?

Click thumbnail to enlarge:

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »
Does Redhouse really need even more houses to offset the community centre?  Has anyone polled the residents to see what they want?  Would they, given a free choice, want to see an open green space or a community chalet with more houses?

Steady on, that's a bit progressive, sounds like that bloody engagement stuff. Dear gawd you'll be wanting local representatives you don't mind voting for next.

Time to worry is when a chap with hair as black as midnight, sunglasses and clutching his knackers is pictured in the locality. Luckily he's rustled up a few squillion to make Commercial Road vibrate so he's otherswise occupied.

You'll get a shed off that White Elephant Pig Horse mob if you are virtuous and recalibrate your thinking to the correct frequency.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

MrGrumpy

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
Face it - the residents bought into a lifestyle in Redhouse - they were sold (ok, sold up the river.... :wink:) a cafe culture life with shops, bistros and a pub.

What they are getting more houses built on the land reserved for the shops, a community centre that will probaly not be big enough to be useable and no sign at all of the pub / bistros / coffee shops that were in the glossy brochures.

None of the residents really expects engagement from their local elected reps - that would mean the elected reps actually accepting that the residents might have a valid point of view that does not agree with their desire to impose this lasting legacy.

In this case, obviously, the VT memorial hall is far too important to talk to the residents about as the residents might not agree that this lasting legacy is more important than green spaces and quality of life.

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 08:03:59 PM »
There is a resident association in  Redhouse it can contribute its point of view :-\

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 08:38:18 PM »
Face it - the residents bought into a lifestyle in Redhouse - they were sold (ok, sold up the river.... :wink:) a cafe culture life with shops, bistros and a pub.

What they are getting more houses built on the land reserved for the shops, a community centre that will probaly not be big enough to be useable and no sign at all of the pub / bistros / coffee shops that were in the glossy brochures.

None of the residents really expects engagement from their local elected reps - that would mean the elected reps actually accepting that the residents might have a valid point of view that does not agree with their desire to impose this lasting legacy.

In this case, obviously, the VT memorial hall is far too important to talk to the residents about as the residents might not agree that this lasting legacy is more important than green spaces and quality of life.

I'd be surprised if after VT's, Emma wossname's and Tobby Elliot's dramatic post election change of opinions on the Tadpole farm development .... if anyone in redhouse/north swindon believes a word they say any more.

Do like the way in which plans have been drawn up, but they dont ACTUALLY own the land.  If Crest homes play it canny , which they will, kerching! all the way to the bank!
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Smiler

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
Thanks, Geoff, for posting the consultation document up.  Looking at it, this wasn't led by the Borough Council but by the politicians.  As the form had to be returned by February 2011 why has VT not published this anywhere?  In fact, Peter Heaton-Jones works for the MP.  Have both mother and son had their mitts on this?

VT talking about this money feels like the time you put your hand in your duffle coat pocket and, after rooting around, you pull out a rather sticky boiled sweet covered in copious fluff.  As desparate as you are you just can't quite bring yourself to put it in your mouth. >:D

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 06:48:15 PM »
Oh I would, the fluff comes off eventually.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 11:05:23 PM »
Thanks, Geoff, for posting the consultation document up.  Looking at it, this wasn't led by the Borough Council but by the politicians.  As the form had to be returned by February 2011 why has VT not published this anywhere?

I've been wracking my brains, (this didn't take long), to think of any instances where the results of political leaflet consultations have been published by any of the political groups.  I couldn't think of any, but if anyone can come up with some examples I'd love to add them to the leaflet library :)

Also: Mart is right, eventually the fluff does come off  :-X

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 07:46:48 AM »
Any update on the update meeting  :-\