Author Topic: Murdering Maurice  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Murdering Maurice
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:09:29 AM »

I had grown quite attached to Maurice, yet last night I cut him into four sections, gutted him, stuffed him with minced lamb, onions and tomato's, topped with with two cheeses and and popped him into the oven for 45 minutes.

His two younger brothers are next....

ph1lc

Re: Murdering Maurice
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
Don't worry Geoff,

You weren't given your PACE caution first so you won't be prosecuted!!

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
I don't normally share recipes with "Vile Gentlemen" but try adding some garlic when you soften the onions down in the frying pan and then make a sauce with it, plus tomato and the lamb then add a little cinnamon before stuffing the marrow with it.

(My version of "Imam Byildi".)
What's it all about?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »
I don't normally share recipes with "Vile Gentlemen"

Hey, Frankie Boyle just joined the Vile Gentlemans Club, so we'll have a bit less discrimination please :)

"was deliberately challenging, and he would not have minded if his material had been called vile, tasteless or offensive, because that went with the territory, but he did object to being called a racist.

Thanks for the recipe, I'll try it out on Maurice's children, Magnus and Meldrew, later this week :)

BTW, what's Imam Byildi when it's at home?, sounds suspiciously French to me.....

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 07:09:09 PM »
Imam Bayildi is a Turkish vegetarian dish. It means, "The Imam faints" as he passed out with pleasure after eating said dish.

It is supposed to be made with an aubergine that is lightly boiled then has the "flesh" removed from the skin. The flesh is mixed with onion, garlic and tomato and spiced with cinnamon. The whole lot is then placed back inside the Aubergine skin that has meanwhile lightly been baking, covered in olive oil.

Marrow is much cheaper than aubergine and when it is in season, as you know, not in short supply! The Turkish and Lebanese eat a lot of lamb so being a "strict non-vegetarian", I added the lamb. The cheese topping that you used is also a good addition that I often add as well. The cinnamon adds a touch of the mystic east and sets the dish off very well, allowing you to appear knowledgeable about things culinary but don't try that with Tig! :knuppel2:

Of course, for feeding the five thousand, this can also be done with a large oven dish layered with  two days production of courgettes and the lamb mix put on top. A layer of cheese lightly grilled on top looks magnificent. :banana:

Tomorrow, Onion Bahjis & Pilau Rice? Or better still, look up your fresh garden ingredients on the BBC Food web-site for suggested recipes. ( Cheaper and takes up less space than a pile of cook books!)
What's it all about?

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 08:21:23 PM »
I don't think it's classed as murder if it hasn't got a face   :hippy:
Proud to be gone

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 08:31:54 PM »
I don't think it's classed as murder if it hasn't got a face   :hippy:

If its not murder is it marrowcide and the cooking of its little brothers is that veglingcide  :-\

My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Muggins

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 09:12:02 AM »
The first thing I felt when reading the first post here was that I felt a Poem coming on.....

It started poor old Maurice Marrow, he didn't stand a chance.............can't find anything that ryhmes and makes sense with 'chance'!

please feel free............

He was a grand old man they said, he came up to the mark
And his brother Magnus is waiting for his hot and sticky fate
And soon, that knife will come for him, and after dark
He’ll end up on Geoff’s plate

Meldrew ends up in a  stew?.

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »
Poor old Maurice Marrow, he didn't stand a chance,
As mercilessly his vile owner, decided to enhance,
Drawn and quartered and stuffed with mince, it went into the oven,
Sat dressed in black, with home brew at the ready, just like a witches coven,
They waited for the timer bell to tell them that poor Maurice,
Had met his fate and next would come Horace.

Or something like that.
What's it all about?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 06:10:40 PM »
Jolly Good, it's getting there, also freaky because the second line I came up with was

Pulled, chopped and quartered... and topped with cheese.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)