Author Topic: Story in Adver - Nick Martin  (Read 27470 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: Story in Adver - Nick Martin
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2013, 10:35:17 PM »
What was the vote on?

Will answer that one tomorrow Tobes as I am on a borrowed computer in deepest Hertfordshire and need to look up the debates that took place.

Suffice to say though that for every motion that Labour raised there was an Amendment despite the validity of the original.  Why do they have to do that every time and why aren't copies of these Amendments made available to other than Councillors which again makes it very difficult to follow from the sidelines? 

Is this also deliberate?

I suggest this is another example of a Big Conversation which isn't!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
Will answer that one tomorrow Tobes as I am on a borrowed computer in deepest Hertfordshire and need to look up the debates that took place.

Thank you. My interest is genuine and sincere.

Suffice to say though that for every motion that Labour raised there was an Amendment despite the validity of the original.  Why do they have to do that every time and why aren't copies of these Amendments made available to other than Councillors which again makes it very difficult to follow from the sidelines?

Is this also deliberate?

Sadly, given the behaviour of the current incumbents, almost certainly  :santa_embarassed:

I suggest this is another example of a Big Conversation which isn't!!

Does ANYONE believe in the validity of the Big Conversation...?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2013, 11:34:05 PM »
Nope, Bluh's 'Big Conversation' falls into the category of Eric Pickles' 'sock puppets' and the hypocrisy of this administration holding what it claims to be a worthwhile 'consultation', (when a mountain of evidence and experience proves that the administration actively tries to suppress conversation, scrutiny and proper consultation in regard of its activities), is as predictably mendacious as it is functionally impotent.