Author Topic: Dale Heenan: Coate or Dorcan can have the EDA traffic  (Read 5001 times)

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
Dale Heenan: Coate or Dorcan can have the EDA traffic
« on: September 19, 2012, 04:33:02 PM »
Dale Heenan wants a relief road built as part of the EDA to reduce congestion in Oxford Road and Covingham and have it at either Dorcan or Coate/Commonhead instead.  I guess in Heenan World (what a horrid thought) Dorcan Way and Marlborough Road & Queens Drive aren't congested (and won't have to cope with traffic caused by the Coate development).

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9937727.Council_to_discuss_plans_for_multi_million_pound_relief_road/

If the blasted EDA does go ahead the only way the road network will cope is making Oxford Road, Merlin Way, Covingham Drive and Dorcan Way dual carriageways (partially or totally), as well as building a relief road to link up with the A419 at Dorcan and Coate.

Mind you if the NSD is anything to go by I dread to think what'll happen.

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
Re: Dale Heenan: Coate or Dorcan can have the EDA traffic
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 06:30:45 PM »
First Tadpoles now Eastern villages :surrender:
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Morsey

• Hello !
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »
My goodness, I'm one ugly b'stard, but that bloke's fizog makes me feel physically sick! :idiot2:

Why is it that the Sadver has to get him to pose like a ... well, I can't actually say what the impression is due to probable censorship, but he should come with a message on the front of the paper as a warning and should be retricted to one column inch not half a page! :bash: :D Or wear a paper bag with just a slit ...

Also, if there is spare road funding money about now, WE ASKED FIRST OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO!!  What about the completion of Thamesdown Drive to Bruce Street first?  Just because of this new road being situated in his patch and the fact that there are mainly Labour Councillors covering the really important and much overdue relief road to Cheney Manor Road, Akers Way, Vicarage Road, Westfield Way (with NO houses, though) and so on we don't count!!! :bottom:

I was one of those who just couldn't stand the traffic any longer on CM Rd, along with countless others! :crazy2:

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 10:10:47 PM »
Years ago, there were "plans" for people living in Oxford Road to have front gardens chopped up to make way for a dual carriageway.

I suspect Mr Heenan knows where those plans still exist
Proud to be gone

Offline Jean

• Jefferies Land Conservation Trust
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 06:53:08 AM »
When the Eastern Development Area was first proposed by David Wilson Homes, a relief road from Acorn Bridge to Commonhead roundabout was part of the plan. However, the Highways Agency was not impressed and said that J15 could not cope with the level of house-building proposed. They called for a new road over the Downs linking to an extra junction for the M4 between J14 & 15. However, that would mean taking a new road over an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and that in itself was a show-stopper at the time. However, with the relaxation of planning law, anything could happen. 
Live simply so that others might simply live

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »
And in the meantime... Wichelstowe sits in splendid isolation with a forest of traffic lights... a big ( not heavily used?) road and space for about 4000 houses. I have heard that another national builder is purported to be pulling out of East Wichel.

For the life of me I cannot understand why building is spreading in a town where the space exists/but no one wants to build and dwellings have been built/no one want to buy... anyone seen Marlborough Park recently?

As for the 'smiler' he voted for Tadpole Farm to go ahead without either school places or a relief road. Does he think that the public are in the least fooled by him ?
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 08:51:16 AM »
Perhaps smiler should ask the residents of his ward whether they want the EDA or not and if they don't campaigning against it?

Because what smiler is doing now seems to be trying to save his skin, I've seen the proposed EDA plans and the three of the identified access routes happen to be in/near his ward (Oxford Rd, Merlin Way and Edison Rd).

Offline Des Moffatt

• Hello !
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »
Getting planning permission to build houses on a piece of land adds accounting value to the outfit that owns the land or has an option to own the land whether or not there is a market for the houses or there is any intention to build the houses.
This doesn’t work when Swindon people owns the land at Witchelstow.
The land banking that house builders are engaged in is happening all over England may well turn out to be England’s version of the sub prime financial disaster.
If the value added to the industry’s bottom line can not be delivered and the markets take fright it might not be delivered in a relevant time frame, here we go again.
Never mind, give the masters more and the workers less on the grounds we have to be more competitive.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 07:56:30 PM »
Perhaps smiler should ask the residents of his ward whether they want the EDA or not and if they don't campaigning against it?

Because what smiler is doing now seems to be trying to save his skin, I've seen the proposed EDA plans and the three of the identified access routes happen to be in/near his ward (Oxford Rd, Merlin Way and Edison Rd).

It seems to me that he could also be accused of acting as an agent for developers.

Smiler

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 11:09:07 PM »
I'm Smiler from another link, another story and another saga where smiler smiled his way through another development and stuck the political knife in the residents of North Swindon.

Just to clear up the confusion I don't subscribe to any of his actions and so could you give smiler another name that doesn't bring my name into disrepute.   

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 08:16:24 AM »
I'm Smiler from another link, another story and another saga where smiler smiled his way through another development and stuck the political knife in the residents of North Swindon.

Just to clear up the confusion I don't subscribe to any of his actions and so could you give smiler another name that doesn't bring my name into disrepute.

Consider it done.. the gentleman offers up a range of epithets.. the grimace perhaps?
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »
Smiler forget the smear ask yourself is this is being done with a sneer :-\ In years to come people  may ask themselves who was it that blasted sleeply Eastern villages into a Swindon suburbia making Tadpole look like an oasis of tranquility  in comparison. :-\
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »
Picking up a point from the Adver.
There are traces of the old canal which are visible from the air.
Some of this could be restored, both as a nature defence and a feature of the development.

Obviously this should be a condition made before any properties are built, rather than chance the goodwill of developers after the building has finished
Proud to be gone

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
A new name for Smiler? Try "Cheshire" as in cat!
Bobby

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 08:48:06 PM »
A new name for Smiler? Try "Cheshire" as in cat!

Cheshire cat?

Cheshire's good. Conjures up cheese (cheesy grin).
Not sure about cat.
What rhymes with cat?

Ooh! I swear I never used to be so evil  >:D
Proud to be gone

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 10:00:37 AM »
We haven't seen our Dale in the papers for a few days now.

Isn't it time for him to be reinserted?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Morsey

• Hello !
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »
 :bottom:  You cannot doubt the spin of the Tory publicity machine, it's very odd that the Sadver cannot publish a story, true or muck-stirring, when there is the slightest hope of a Conservative view on it, without a posed photo of the person alongside.  I would hazard a guess that most readers know by now what Heenan, Bluh, Tompkinson, Bawden, Renard, The Lawyer, Mother Tompkinson, Perkins and ... need I go on ... look like? ::)

MORE WRITTEN NEWS AND NOT SO MANY PHOTOS, PLEASE!  Though they are very cheap page fillers as probably the Tory Propoganda machine are responsible for the delivery of snaps to Sadver House? :banana:

Still, Monty and Paga make an appearance today in the collage with Bawden and blurred Bluh ... trying to get some Opposition supporters back onto buying the local rag maybe?    :surrender:

I will admit that we also know what PDC looks like without the same few photos of him taking up almost half a page in the sport section every day ... can no-one use a typewriter at the paper? :embarassed:

Smiler

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 03:46:05 PM »
To bring this back on topic, I am told that all the North Swindon Tories voted with Cllrs Heenan and Hurley's motion to ensure that the infrastructure is built before the houses.  Why did they not do this over the Tadpole Farm application?  One may think that they are more contrary than contradictory. 

But one may imagine that Cllrs Heenan and Hurley must be rubbing their hands with glee that the Tories all lined up behind them.  Is Swindon covered by political apartheid?  Croft in the South gets a school it doesn't need, Tadpole in the North doesn't get any roads or schools that it desperately needs now.  It would appear that the East is to be given the Rolls Royce of a road network before a brick is laid in the Eastern villages.

Some may ponder what power Cllr Dale Heenan has got as it appears that he can shut down aerodromes and build new road networks on a mere whim? :-\

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 05:01:30 PM »
Smiler have you  considered that the Deal of all Deals may be on the cards in the East and that we could soon have another 1,000 houses being built there?

One must ask the question though, why on earth don't they build at Wichelstowe? 

After all it has cost the Council Tax Payers of Swindon enough money.

Or do the developers know something that has been kept from us about the state of the land there?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
Who knows Richard, I think most of us have seen this image over the past day or so, which shows the damage water can do

Heck of a lot of streams down Wichelstowe way

I do have to say I've never heard of a developer pulling out of a project and selling the land to the local council (when they'd normally land bank).