Author Topic: Idle Thought  (Read 919 times)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Idle Thought
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:16:29 PM »
As I trudged through the puddles it occured to me.

If Thames Water supplied rain it would have run out by now.

If SBC supplied it then consultants would be retained to ensure it fell in the right place, and then it would be sold to someone.

I might like some sun, soon please.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Idle Thought
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 12:48:45 AM »

If SBC supplied rain it would be dyed Blue and be described in the Town Hall Pravda, (Swindon News), as having: "A vibrant and refreshingly zesty taste with a uniquely local flavour"  To those of us living in it, as opposed to looking at it from suspiciously half-empty air conditioned Council offices...... it would taste just like piss. 

I have recently decided that local government and the body politic really are organic in their function.  They take perfectly good money from taxpayers, run it through the councils kidneys and into the civic bladder, from whence it is periodically pissed away on schemes which are not subjected to the usual PPPPPE protocols used in the real world.

Tomorrows Rant: 'The Civic Bowels - What are they, where are they and what do they do?' 

Offline Muggins

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:23:44 AM »
Poemogram once wrote a poem about the 'back passages' and I think it was the back passages of Swindon, perhaps we could persuade him to share it once more.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:14:13 AM »
Another idle thought:

I've just realised that Mart's avatar isn't, (as I'd previously thought), actually R2D2....

Offline Muggins

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 11:08:01 AM »
No, but it is his first cousin.   :laugh:
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)