Author Topic: Torun Way Busgate now owned by SBC  (Read 4735 times)

George Elliot

Torun Way Busgate now owned by SBC
« on: June 09, 2012, 09:39:42 AM »
How many years has the wheels been going around on this?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9750804.Council_takes_over_bus_gate/

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
Re: Torun Way Busgate now owned by SBC
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 10:14:41 AM »
The bit I like, is the comment that the police will now be able to take action aginst drivers of cars who use the road.  What a hope - the likelihood of a policeman being in the area is very slim and I suspect that the police will consider the 'crime' to be marginally less important than stopping a car with a defective brake light!

George Elliot

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 05:14:24 PM »
I suspect that the police will consider the 'crime' to be marginally less important than stopping a car with a defective brake light!

Especially as the Conservatives are slashing police numbers.

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 11:18:28 AM »
Busgate is finally in operation
Chairman Richard Hailstone said: “The buses are using it already so its effect will be to prevent a lot of traffic using the lower part of Torun Way as a way out into Westfield Way.

“The problem is it’s been so long now that the people have got used to using it as a way out so it will be interesting to see what happens when it comes into effect, whether people observe it or not.

“Hopefully, the police won’t be too vigorous to start with and advise people rather than give them fines, but I think it will take quite a while for people to get used to the bus gate being in operation.”

It may be easier to get to Morrisons  :wink:
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9944847.Torun_Way_bus_gate_is_finally_in_operation/
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 10:36:20 PM »
Some people who live there are saying that it is a long way around to get anywhere now. I will take  me bike over there and have a shufty  :-\
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:12:13 AM »
Yep it's a long way around by car now that the  Busgate is operating unless you go on foot or bike use your car and theres a chance of a  :police:  :knuppel2:  if any are about!

Offline Mickraker

Drivers have been warned to stay off Torun Way Busgate
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 10:16:55 AM »
She said: “The police were out there for just a small amount of time and it goes on all day. “We did a consultation and those on the south side wanted the gate and those on the north side did not

North South Divide nothing new there then  :-\

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9964130.Drivers_warned_to_stay_off_Torun_Way_bus_gate/?ref=twt

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 11:07:01 AM »
Interesting to read that the bus gate was a condition of granting planning permission for Haydon End. It does show what problems can be caused when certain councilors start getting involved in delaying the implementation of the bus gate.  I wonder if the potential for legal action mentioned by Justin Tomlinson was more than just hypothetical?

I wonder what sort of misery SBC are storing-up after telling drivers to use Wichelstowe as a (very handy) bypass for old town?

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 05:28:48 PM »
I wonder what sort of misery SBC are storing-up after telling drivers to use Wichelstowe as a (very handy) bypass for old town?

Dear gawd! They've got misery in reserve? It's like a shock and awe campaign of the feckin miseries.

I speak as one who thought the 2 mile jaunt into town could be accomplished in a minute or ten this morning, drop the boy off and get some tiles, how difficult can it be?

As it turns our pretty feckin difficult as the full idiot savant designed chaos of Whalebridge came to fruition.

Whatever sh1te for brains git thought that up should be served forced to eat their own entrails, a whole town in gridlock overlooked by an over provision of parking.

Brilliant, well done.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »
Seems Mart had the same shirt different day treatment that most if us have if driving in Swindon  :-\

Offline Mickraker

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »
Is it me or is it coincidence, can anyone see a remark  in the comments section from an Ollie D  :-\

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10022254.Petition_claims_bus_gate_may_put_pupils_at_risk/

Offline Mickraker

Torun Way Busgate tickets fines and points being handed out
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »
You have been warned  :-\
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10415530.Almost_100_fines_over_bus_gate/

Offline jayjay

• Hello !
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »
Probably a load more this week with Thamesdown Drive shut for road works - seen a couple myself cutting through, especially as the alternative route is up Westfield Way, Lady Lane then back down Thamesdown Drive.