Author Topic: Mayan Calander found shows Earth will continue for another 7000 years at least!  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Muggins

Would love the idea of sitting down together and watching a good film, but it won't be that one, too much of an emotional battering.  :'( :'( :'( :'(  and why would I want to put myself  through that? 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Steve Wakefield

Would love the idea of sitting down together and watching a good film, but it won't be that one, too much of an emotional battering.  :'( :'( :'( :'(  and why would I want to put myself  through that?

Admins

Can we have a Tissue (kleenex)  smiley please? Muggins is now making me feel  :(
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

George Elliot

Chav
The Mayan civilisation did collapse or break down and several theories have been put forward, but none are conclusive. They are anything from a drought to running out of money building temples and other other monuments to the vanity of their nobles, rulers or gods. Some believe it was a peasant revolt by those living in slave labour conditions against their rulers and nobles.  Whatever the reason it happened before the time when the  first conquistadors arrived. The civilisation is thought to have started with the uniting of the Chavins in Peru about 900BC. The Chavins were the chisellors and did much of the early stone carvings and known for their metalurgic gold trinkets. They built one of the first Chavin temple complex in Chavin de Huantar in Ancash, but I expect you knew that already.  :wink:

Offline Muggins

There you go Chav, that could be your 'Race' but that can't be on your Grandmothers maternal side.

No doubt all these ancient races, with unknown end formed political parties and ended up not being able to make sense of anything and cleared of to other tribes that made a better hash of it.

Steve, A Borough officer once reduced me to tears (of frustration), that was the last itme I cried. This is how I felt at  :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:the time
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Steve Wakefield

Muggins

Take up  :fish: it is probably less hard on the head  ;D
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Muggins

I don't know, then I'd have to pit my wits against a ........fish!  To difficult for me.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
They built one of the first Chavin temple complex

The holy Chavin shrines of Greggs, Poundland, McDonalds and JB Sports!

Bright Eyes? Makes me blub too. Though my shootin' huntin' fishin' Dad may not have helped the six year old Tobes when walking past the poster for the film, read out loud; 'You've read the book, now see the film' - and added '"And tonight Toby, taste the pie!"
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Muggins

Yes, Tobes. I remember eating rabbit pie, however neither my brother - 13 years older than me - knew it that's what it was.  That was until the day when one of us said how tasty it was and what was in it?  Neither of us could bring ourselves to eat it again. 

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
Does the Mayan job have a leap year in it and is it the 29th Feb. :laugh:
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
Chav
The Mayan civilisation did collapse or break down and several theories have been put forward, but none are conclusive. They are anything from a drought to running out of money building temples and other other monuments to the vanity of their nobles, rulers or gods. Some believe it was a peasant revolt by those living in slave labour conditions against their rulers and nobles.  Whatever the reason it happened before the time when the  first conquistadors arrived. The civilisation is thought to have started with the uniting of the Chavins in Peru about 900BC. The Chavins were the chisellors and did much of the early stone carvings and known for their metalurgic gold trinkets. They built one of the first Chavin temple complex in Chavin de Huantar in Ancash, but I expect you knew that already.  :wink:

Maybe they became extinct due to there being no one left to sacrifice, or maybe it was something to do with the 9 underworlds.

So the chavins were into bling then  :wink:

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
There you go Chav, that could be your 'Race' but that can't be on your Grandmothers maternal side.

My grandad and great grandparents on my dads side were Jewish. They owned coal yards allegedly  :)
Does that count ?  :wink:

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
From what you said before, Ii thought they were painting types.

Bright eyes, nearly had me in tears and still does when I hear it - not the film mind you, but because it was playing the day I had my first cat put to sleep and was most apporpiate to the occasion.  There you go you've started me off again, WAH, WAH,  :'(  :'( :'(

Muggins & Chav

I am sure many others will have a WAH, WAH, :'( :'( :'( moment when it comes to this film, but it is a classic. Let us not forget the story and the area it is set in. I suppose we could have a :popcorn: :coffee: TS DVD film club session one day and all watch it together?   ::)

I'm more into Gladiator these days and Sparticus ( it's a bit ' oh I say' in places) , but keeps me on the edge of my seat.  >:D

I have also been watching Game of Thrones and True Blood. Oh and another series called Revenge .

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
Here we go

Secrets of the Maya Underworld 1/5 Small | Large

Offline spytech

• Hello !
once again they are making fun of us ................................................. .....

Offline Rob

• Area 51
  • The eye sees only what the mind can comprehend ...
Nope I'll hear none of it.

2012 and that's all you're having! lol
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.