Author Topic: Bluh Allegation Against Candidate Found To Be False?  (Read 48139 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Bluh Allegation Against Candidate Found To Be False?
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:45:33 AM »

Lamplighters started burbling with this a couple of hours back.

Details are sketchy at present and I'm not willing to print hearsay without hard facts sitting on my hard drive.  Sources on the left are doing the three monkeys, those in the middle have heard whispers from the right, but no one seems to want to be the first to bubble it out fully.

I reckon, that when Mike Bawden's missus pressed the nuclear button on Roderick Bluh's completely democratic and transparent 'selection'  for the Old Town ward last week, many other Tories caught a dose of radiation sickness which has negatively affected their usual loquaciousness.

The single coherent thread which I'm hearing repeated is that Cllr Bluh made an allegation against another candidate which has been proven false/incorrect/vexatious (we'll delete whichever doesn't apply when we know what's what). 

I'm working on a *theory* that this may have been a botched attempt to simultaneously help three Tory 'paper' candidates out by deliberately trying to knobble a candidate that can see where the bodies are buried, (metaphorically speaking).

There's a lot to play for and I think things might get a bit fruitier yet  :)   

Tomorrow I'm going to have a chat with who I *think* it might be and see how the land lies regarding a statement.

I'm not promising anything yet except political titillation, excitation and more news as I hear it, if I think it's sensible to publish it.

Got to love the last week before elections. Tensions run high and almost everything bubbles out sooner or later.

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: Bluh Allegation Against Candidate Found To Be False?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »
Roderick hasn't done it again has he Geoff?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:54:54 AM »

I learned this morning that Rod is alleged to have attempted to exert political pressure on more than one candidate by registering complaints. 

By the end of today I will have spoken to two of them.

Hints, tips, leaks and proof to: leaks@talkswindon.org please.  Discretion assured.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:20:50 PM »
I can shed some more light on this now.

It is my understanding that in early April 2012 Cllr Bluh complained formally to the leader of Swindons Labour Cllr's alleging that council officers had complained about a serving Labour Cllr breaching officer/member protocol by electioneering on council premises.

When asked to clarify the exact circumstances of the complaint, and who had made the complaint against the Councillor, Cllr Bluh responded by delivering a mini-lecture about the first action of a guilty party not usually being to question how they were 'found out', (would someone please give Cllr Bluh some guidance on how we establish guilt or innocence in this country), before proceeding to lay out a very definite description and allegation about the Councillors alleged behaviour, which can be summarised thus:

Cllr Bluh alleged that the Labour Councillor visited the cash desk area within Watt Tyler House, (also known as the banking hall), on two occasions, and on each visit walked up and down queues of people waiting to transact business with the council telling them that Labour councillors would, if they took control of the council in the May elections, reverse the recent decision taken by Cllr Bluh's Conservative administration to close the banking hall.

Cllr Bluh further alleged that members of the public present at the time each alleged incident took place then challenged officers, (who were also present), as to the truthfulness of the statements allegedly made by the Labour councillor.

Cllr Bluh also alleged that officers were made to feel uncomfortable by answering questions which arose directly as a result of the alleged actions of the Labour councillor.

Cllr Bluh claimed to have evidence from officers which proved the councillor was 'guilty', and demanded that the leader of the Labour group take disciplinary action against the councillor or take the 'consequences' if his allegation was denied and/or the disciplinary action he demanded was not taken.

I understand that Cllr Bluh also threatened to 'do his duty' by 'letting the people know as they cast their ballots' if his demands were not complied with.

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, the reception area and banking hall CCTV footage taken on the days in question was sequestered by impartial employees of Swindon Borough Council, (i.e not Capita), and later examined by the Borough Solicitor Stephen Taylor, and John Gilbert, (a group director of Swindon Borough Council), who reported their findings to the Chief executive Gavin Jones.

I understand that having considered the CCTV footage and other evidence supplied by officers, the Chief executive of Swindon Borough Council found no evidence to support Cllr Bluh's 'electioneering on council premises' complaint which had been made against the Councillor. 

I presume, (although have yet to confirm the following), that officers similarly failed to corroborate Cllr Bluh's allegation that they had been made to feel uncomfortable.

The labour councillor has confirmed being present in the banking hall, with officers, on both dates cited by Cllr Bluh.  The account offered to me was coherent and credible and I formed the opinion that the visits to the banking hall were observational, not politically motivated.  When the allegations were made I believe they came as a surprise to the councillor.

There you have it. The 'Innocent Councillor' is aware that I'm publishing the above account and may or may not wish to pass comment themselves at a later point.

I do not have documentary evidence to support the above, but I believe the innocent Councillor to be honourable and, should I need to produce such evidence, it would be provided to me.

I now wait with interest to see whether Cllr Bluh will carry out his threat to 'let the electorate know' about this councillor, because I really want to know what he thinks he's going to tell them, that he saw it in a vision?

If the media pick this up he's only got himself to blame. Again.

Later today I am going to see someone else who has been recently cHarmed.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:29:49 PM by Geoff Reid »

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »

Now, I'm off for a  :coffee:

Offline Rochelle

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »
Thanks for highlighting this shameful situation Geoff.
The "Innocent Councillor" is entirely honourable and I can only think that said Councillor is seen as a threat to be treated in this manner...and no, it isn't me! >:(

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 07:15:25 PM »

I spoke to/interviewed another candidate Cllr Bluh has 'cHarmed' recently. This instance is more serious than the one already discussed and, in my opinion, threatening to the point of making demands with menace.

I'm cross-referencing this with  another matter, so I'll come back to this later.

Offline Des Moffatt

• Hello !
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 07:46:40 PM »
“Questioning the integrity of someone when you haven’t got the facts is plain wrong”
David Cameron, House of Commone, 30/4/2012

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »
Mr Bluh has accused a Councillor of using Council owned property in whcih to enage in electioneering.  Moreover he has lodged a formal complaint aginst the Councillor, he is adamant that he has all the facts to hand and declares

The information I have from officers indicates that he is guilty and therefore you need to take appropriate disciplinary measures.

Couple this with the statement made by David Cameron:

“Questioning the integrity of someone when you haven’t got the facts is plain wrong”

and what you have is a clear case of Mr Bluh being placed in the invidious position of now having to make a full apology to the Councillor whose integrity he questioned.

That Mr Bluh was wrong to challenge the integrity of the Councillor is made clear by a statement from the Chief Executive who said:

Accordingly, following an investigation by officers into the complaint made against you, and having considered the CCTV evidence and other information obtained from relevant staff, I can find no evidence to support the complaint of electioneering on council premises made against you by Councillor Bluh

Of course Mr Bluh couldn't help himself but go one step further - he said

'If he the councillor in question denies these charges, you the Leader of the Labour Group will have to face the consequences that you are asking the people of Swindon to vote for a person who is in error where the facts are concerned and it will be my duty to let them know this risk they face as they cast their ballots.'

The implication being that, the people of Swindon should not vote for a person who doesn't know their facts.

Dare i suggest that Mr Bluh should be hoisted by his own petard.  He is, by his own definition completely unsuitable to be a candidate in this or any other election

Offline Brian V Cockbill

• Hello !
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 09:24:33 PM »
Rod isn't exactly famous for issuing apologies.   When (or if) it comes can I have a copy to get framed please.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 09:35:43 PM »
With the greatest respect Brian, if Cllr Bluh started issuing apologies where they are due, I doubt that you have wall big enough to hold framed copies of them all.
What's it all about?

Offline Brian V Cockbill

• Hello !
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »
You have made my point, one would become a real collector's rarity.    Priceless!!! 

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 05:38:38 AM »
and what you have is a clear case of Mr Bluh being placed in the invidious position of now having to make a full apology to the Councillor whose integrity he questioned.

I'll second that and raise the bar by offering Councillor Bluh, the very small group of Conservatives who selected him and the people who proposed, seconded and nominated him for election as a councillor a short window of opportunity to explain and apologise for Councillor Bluh's recent behaviour towards Independent Old Town Candidate Kareen Boyd.

I'm off to bed in a minute, so the window of opportunity for Cllr Bluh, his colleagues and those supporting his nomination to demonstrate that they genuinely are people of integrity will last until I wake up at lunchtime.

I hope they do respond, but if they choose not to I can pretty much guarantee things are going to get a bit fruitier shortly afterwards.

Offline Tig

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 07:14:14 AM »
In my opinion if theses allegations of bullying (basically that's what it is) are true then those who are victim to it have a responsibility to report it. All councils have a whistle blowing and complaints procedure.

I understand how publishing and moaning about Bluh may damage his election campaign, but even with all the hard evidence in the world if all you do with it is publish it to damage him instead of going through the right channels for a proper investigation, then in my view you are just using the information to damage his election, in which case was it really bullying or just something you can use against him.

From a mere public view it's just another political stunt, and that's what most of us are fed up with and why we are disengaged, you are all as bad as each other the tic for tac game has to stop, if Bluh has done these things make him accountable not at the polls but through a proper complaints investigation.

what will I do on Thursday I don't know, but I have had no party bang on my door telling me why I should vote for them, A word to the wise the one that can convince me without slagging the other parties off, admitting when there wrong may persuade me until then think I 'll stay in on Thursday.

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 07:30:59 AM »
make him accountable not at the polls but through a proper complaints investigation.

In making this very interesting satement you ignore reality. People such as Coun Bluh and the Borough Solicitor have made it crystal clear that the only avenue open to the electorate whereby they can censure a politician is 'through the ballot box'.  It is the time honoured way in which we are able to 'shout'

I can think of at least two occasions in which i have asked for an investigation into Mr Bluh's behaviour. Twice rejected tends to leave one with few options.

The issue of whether Mr Bluh is right or wrong in this particular case isn't a subject for debate, the Chief Executive himself has cleary articulated the findings of an investigation and concluded

I can find no evidence to support the complaint of electioneering on council premises made against you by Councillor Bluh

It is now for Mr Bluh to offer a public apology and to consider his own position. That is no more than he demanded of the person whose integrity he impugned.  Of course those of us who have had dealings with Mr Bluh know that he is a man incapable of volunteering an apology,  and there is no one on his own team with the courage to persuade him to do the right thing.

You may call the game 'tic for tac' - that really is too simplistic and ignores political reality. 

Offline Tig

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 07:55:58 AM »

You may call the game 'tic for tac' - that really is too simplistic and ignores political reality.

well that's me Des just a simpleton, one whose vote you want, your all so busy stabbing each other and letting us simpletons watch via forums like this and then you don't like it when we form these simply analysis of the situation,

in your last post you give further information people like me aren't privileged to like you have complained before. I know there is some smart arse who will say if I become a talkswindon troll and go thought all posts I will find information saying complaints have been made before.
Why not make it clear in this thread as it is relevant, if you want us simply people like me to understand your complex world of politics then give us the full information in a simply forum don't expect us to be slaves to the keyboards.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »
While Geoff gets some sleep and Cllr Bluh decides what he is going to do, if anything, about an apology or his resignation. I thought that I would add my sixpenny worth.

I find it quite amazing that Cllr Rod Bluh can cook his own goose so many times and still get away with it. Having your cake and eating it is nothing in comparison.

Cllr Bluh has been deeply involved in so many dubious schemes that I find it extremely hard to believe that his associates cannot see what is going on. His latest unfounded accusations against opponents standing for office as councillors at SBC are just the latest example of a man who is not fit for public office.

Those that stand by and say nothing, are as bad as those that still openly support this man in every lame and costly project that he gets involved with. They are guilty by association in my view.

The rot that we see at the centre of SBC is repeated up and down this country, in local and central government. By rot, I mean people who are in public office but do not serve the public, they just serve themselves and their friends. I would go as far to say that those involved, no matter what party they belong to, are a far greater threat to democracy in this country than Al Qaeda has ever, or will ever be.

Public servants need to reassess who they are really serving and get their act together.

Here's one we all missed.

It is telling to note that recently Cllr Bluh said that he was selling his business premises in Swindon. Isn't it strange that although he considers selling his own property, he didn't think to sell publicly owned land to the development company run by Kevin McCloud but rather to give it to them. Also we all know that once the Croft School is built, with public money on public land, it will be given to The White Horse Federation of Schools.

Quite a contrast between the way Cllr Bluh conducts business on his own behalf and that which he conducts on behalf of taxpayers I think.

Now lets wait for Geoff to wake and have his breakfast.  :coffee:
What's it all about?

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 11:53:02 AM »
if you want us simply people like me to understand your complex world of politics then give us the full information in a simply forum don't expect us to be slaves to the keyboards.

The world of politics is far from complex - and no on eis asking you to be a lave to a keyboard. On the other hand if you want to comment on issues (long may you do so) sometimes there is aneed to trawl through the available data in order to get up to speed. We all have to do it.

one whose vote you want

Absolutely not - i am not in the market for anyones vote.

well that's me just a simpleton

I am not suggesting you are a simpleton - to think that is a huge leap away from me stating a view is simplistic.

Just wanted to clear that up as i value every contribution made to any post i make, each has something to add to the discussion

Offline Karsten

• Politics is Bollock'tics
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »
Promises, promises, promises.
Lies, lies, lies. :bash:

Does it ring true? :agreed:
Mr Bliar, Brown, 'Slasher' Cameron are they any different?   Clegg ROFLMAO

Don't Vote. Lab or ConDem

PROTEST VOTE. :argh: :tickedoff: :knuppel2:

Make your vote Count, :wakeup:

VOTE Independent or Minor

Let's show the Bluhigans and other all talk no action councillors that we are not sheep? :bottom:

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »
       Cllr Bluh's Complaint To Kareen Boyd                                  Cllr Bluhs Nomination Paper                                Cllr Bluh's Consent To Nomination

Mr Bluh, one of three conservative candidates in the Old Town ward, recently wrote to Mrs Kareen Boyd, independent election candidate and resident of Old Town alleging that she had made his 'integrity' and election issue by naming him in one of her election leaflets.

The text of the letter is reproduced below.

Quote from: Rod Bluh
Mrs K Boyd
44 Hesketh Crescent
Swindon

Dear Kareen

In my role as a Councillorgand Leader of the Council I have alwaysg been very careful to maintain the
highest of standards of personal integrity in my work and to date have been not been found wanting
in that regard on any occasion.

Irrespective of what you may think of me personally, I am therefore very disappointed but not
entirely surprised that you have chosen to make my integrity an election issue by naming me in your
election leaflet.

As a "woman of conscience" I am sure you will be horrified to hear that learn that you have
potentially rendered yourself liable to prosecution for an illegal practice under Section 106(1) of the
Representation of the Peoples Act 1983 as you have made a false statement of fact in relation to my
personal character or conduct for the purpose of affecting whether or not I get elected.
The false statement is that I have 'a determination to spend Council tax money as if it is going out of
fashion'.

I am sure to maintain your good name and avoid any risk of a referral to the Director of Public
Prosecutions potentially leading to a criminal conviction and fine, you will wish to correct your error
by issuing another leaflet to everyone in the Ward apologising to me for naming me in such way and
acknowledging that the information was not accurate.

If you are not sure why the information was not accurate I will be pleased to advise you.
You will be receiving formal notification of your potential breach of the law from my Election agent
in the next few days.

Yours sincerely

R Bluh

As I understand it Mrs Boyd has yet to receive any communication from Geoff Halls, (Mr Bluh's election agent, and witness to his consent to nomination form. See above). 

If Mr Bluh's implied threat to take legal action against Mrs Boyd is genuine, then I fear Geoff Halls is going to be a very busy man because I note that Mr Bluh has also been named in election literature produced by the Labour party, (along with Garry Perkins and Peter Mallinson), in connection with their WiFi'asco and the sacking of the councils team of Domiciliary Homecare Workers.  I have the leaflets and will be adding them to the TS leaflet library later.

Personally, I think Mr Bluh has now made his 'integrity' an election issue by exploiting the most tenuous of connections to it: 'spending council tax money like it is going out of fashion') and then claiming that to be a false statement.

I regard Mrs Boyd's statement to be a reasonable and proportionate observation and statement on the way this council administration, led by Mr Bluh, has spent public money with a staggering profligacy.  As a point of interest, what is the council debt this month?, £80,000,000 - £100,000,000  £120,000,000 or is it even higher than that now?

I'll limit my comments, for now, because I'm interested to see whether readers think Mr Bluh's letter to Kareen Boyd demonstrates the sort of behaviour the public expects from council leaders who claim to have 'the highest standards of integrity' and 'never been found wanting'.

If he isn't demonstrating the sort of behaviour expected by Joe & Josephine public then perhaps those of Mr Bluhs nominees and supporters who are themselves already holding or seeking public office could be encouraged to explain why they thought Mr Bluh was a desirable candidate for the Old Town Ward.  This means you Brian, Bob, Dale, Kevin and the small number of other colleagues who selected him for Old Town in a selection process which appears to have been somewhat unusual.

Oh, I almost forgot.  You will notice that Mr Bluhs electoral number begins 'ET'.  This is an Eastcott polling number so, if Mr Bluhs declarations are still correct and he is still resident in Clifton Street, (as his letter to Kareen Boyd seems to corroborate), then it is blindingly obvious that for the purposes of local elections Mr Bluh lives in Eastcott and not Old Town as was recently claimed in a Conservative leaflet. 

That claim is obviously false and made for the purposes of positively affecting Mr Bluh's chances being elected

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:47:34 PM by Geoff Reid »