Author Topic: Bluh Allegation Against Candidate Found To Be False?  (Read 35837 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Bluh Allegation Against Candidate Found To Be False?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 02:48:11 PM »
bump.

Offline Karsten

• Politics is Bollock'tics
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 02:58:13 PM »
I have noticed the Facebook and Tweet buttons.

Can people use these to promote Exceptional/informational  posts to their Facebook walls.

this should make TalkSwindon  better known among other Swindonians and could perhaps affect this election. O0

Offline A Mole

• Hello !
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 03:14:42 PM »
I fear Mr Bluh is either deliberately misleading Ms Boyd or has received poor legal advice.

If he actually reads Section 106(1) of the Act it contains a defence, namely; "unless he can show that he had reasonable grounds for believing, and did believe, that statement to be true".

If Kareen had reasonable grounds to believe Mr Bluh spends Council tax like it's going out of fashion, then there is no illegal practice.  Hmmm - Wifi? Tabernacle Stones? Canals? Radio 1 Big Weekend?  Take your pick.

Epic Fail Mr Bluh.

Offline townfan

• Hello !
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 03:17:38 PM »
I'm not sure what's worse: the patent attempt at bullying or the half-arsed incompetence of the execution.

He's just becoming a bit of an embarrassment to himself and his party, now, isn't he?

(Awaits writ for stating the perfectly obvious)

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »
Isn't the fact of the matter quite simple.  Mr Bluh displays his true colours by accusing Kareen Boyd of impuning his integrity while at the same tiem exercising no such constraint in casting aspersions on the character of a leading Labour councillor.

Mr Bluh's political leader (The Prime Minister) was at pains to rebuke Labour MPs who said

“Questioning the integrity of someone when you haven’t got the facts is plain wrong”

Mr Bluh demonstrates his hypocricy as well as his being an unfit person to stand as a candidate in this or any other election.

Let me add another gem from the lips of david cameron, he said in respect of an MP getting his facts wrong

A man of honour would apologise

As Mr Bluh refuses to apologise in respect of any mistake he makes, particularly in making this spurious allegation, he can be adjudged to be a man void of moral worth and lacking in honour.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 04:05:29 PM »

Isn't Mr Bluh's earlier threat to Jim Grant interesting....

Quote from: Cllr Rod Bluh, Leader Of Swindon Borough Council
'If he the councillor in question denies these charges, you the Leader of the Labour Group will have to face the consequences that you are asking the people of Swindon to vote for a person who is in error where the facts are concerned and it will be my duty to let them know this risk they face as they cast their ballots.'

......when you consider that 'letting them [the electorate] know this risk they face as they cast their ballots' is exactly what Kareen Boyds election leaflet has done, and yet Mr Bluh implies legal action will be taken against her unless she complied with his demands, i.e, he considers it to be perfectly acceptable for him to do it, but actionable when it is democraticly done to him?

Is this another case of: 'You will do exactly as I demand and, in return,  I will continue to do exactly as I wish'. 

Do readers agree/recognise that this been the 'tone' of Mr Bluh's leadership 'style' for several years, and if they do, is it acceptable for the leader of our Council to behave thus?

Offline Weebleman

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 05:23:07 PM »

Do readers agree/recognise that this been the 'tone' of Mr Bluh's leadership 'style' for several years, and if they do, is it acceptable for the leader of our Council to behave thus?

You're on the button again Geoff  :clap:

This is rapidly becoming a 'modus operandi' for Mr Bluh; and the more he's allowed to get away with it the more he'll keep coming back with the same shameless attitude. If only the Labour group had stood up to the whinging little weasle over "Nazigate" it might just have made him realize what a twerp he appears and reigned him in a bit.
On the other hand, Labour might have done us all a big favour by giving him a slack leash so that he can continue to leave the electorate in no doubt as to the sort of ineffectual man he is. I suspect that 'Spending Council tax money as if it is going out of fashion' is one of the least serious accusations that could be made against him, as time will tell.

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 06:01:34 PM »
Here's a tinyurl linking to the key post Geoff made today  http://tinyurl.com/cr7l3n9 already been used on the Adver website  :angel:

Offline Brian V Cockbill

• Hello !
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »
Things really seam to be hotting up - guess its because the Parties think there is so much at stake.
Rod Bluh is clearly unhappy.
Is this a SOS from the sinking Tory Titanic?
I cannot see anything that would be considered actionable - its just the election fever, I'm no lawyer however.   
If I were Rod I wouln't waste my time and money on such a matter.
Far better to try and find a lifeboat issue or more of his colleagues who are in danger of joining him in Davey Jones's locker.

Offline Tig

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 07:01:27 PM »
In making this very interesting satement you ignore reality. People such as Coun Bluh and the Borough Solicitor have made it crystal clear that the only avenue open to the electorate whereby they can censure a politician is 'through the ballot box'.  It is the time honoured way in which we are able to 'shout'

I understand that election is the main way for people to voice there discontent, however surely if a councilor is behaving in such away that is that causing distress or just plain bullying then those aggrieved have a right to complain. If the system is such they can not then the system has to change, if a council officer behaved in this manner there is a complaints procedure, council members should be no different.
I can think of at least two occasions in which i have asked for an investigation into Mr Bluh's behaviour. Twice rejected tends to leave one with few options.

your rejections should not discourage others to follow the procedure and complain
The issue of whether Mr Bluh is right or wrong in this particular case isn't a subject for debate, the Chief Executive himself has cleary articulated the findings of an investigation and concluded

I can find no evidence to support the complaint of electioneering on council premises made against you by Councillor Bluh

I'm not debating if he is right or wrong just the reaction

Offline Tig

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »

what will I do on Thursday I don't know, but I have had no party bang on my door telling me why I should vote for them,

Nice to see the conservatives read my post, Nice to see you Keith  :wink:

Offline Ben Reid

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 07:26:28 PM »
Haha brian I don't think Rod will be spending his money on the matter.....there's Stephen Taylor, Bob Buckland and the worlds foremost legal expert Russell Hollandaise, he could hire them privately and then claim that as a council expenditure..............just an idea.

Offline Brian V Cockbill

• Hello !
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »
Would Rod trust Russell after his failure on the housing vote issue? 
Stephen has been shown to have had a few slip-ups as I've already posted.
Don't think Robert would be foolish enough to take on, what I think as a lost cause; especially if the Old Town blue flag fades a little.
If Rod were to get a Council 'loan', I reckon it would be riskier than the Wi Fi adventure and prove the statement in Mrs. Boyd's leaflet.     

Offline Brian V Cockbill

• Hello !
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 07:59:22 PM »
Can any one please tell me which present ward/or area Councillor John Haines, the Conservative Candidate for St Margaret & South Marston, represents?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
You will note from Rod Bluh's nomination papers he clearly states his address as being

112 Clifton Street,
Old Town
SWINDON
SN1 3QA

The fact that the bit Old Town has been included is in fact a misrepresentation and is misleading to potential voters in the Old Town Ward, because this address is in Eastcott!!

If Rod is the 'straight guy' he claims to be, he will ensure that the Old Town bit does not show on the election posters which are displayed at the polling stations.

As for these threats, they are the manifestation of a megalomaniac who is so arrogant that he considers himself utterly and completely untouchable.

We shall see what the electorate has to say on the subject but surely this incident will bring all reasonable people to their senses and Thursday will be the end of his time in Swindon.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
Quote from the book I'm currently reading:

Kings never lie.. They demand the world be mistaken.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2012, 10:32:37 PM »

what will I do on Thursday I don't know, but I have had no party bang on my door telling me why I should vote for them,

Nice to see the conservatives read my post, Nice to see you Keith  :wink:

I hope you asked his advice on what sort of swimming pool we can have on the lower terrace? 

I understand that Keith has recently become expert and knows where to lay his hands on the required materials :)

Offline Karsten

• Politics is Bollock'tics
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2012, 10:36:23 PM »
Quote from the book I'm currently reading:

Kings never lie.. They demand the world be mistaken.

So who wants to play king of the hill or rather Swine Down?  :spin:

Offline Brian V Cockbill

• Hello !
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012, 10:41:11 PM »
Geoff, does he know where to get the water, despite the ban, for the pool then - going to take a little time to fill I guess!!!!!

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »
I hope you asked his advice on what sort of swimming pool we can have on the lower terrace? 

Couldn't that article on the Advertiser's front page on Tuesday April 24th be construed as blatant electioneering as I am lead to believe this information has been available for some time?  Doesn't this type of thing contravene the so called purdah?

Also it means the loss of the very popular football pitches which have long since been hailed as another Conservative success story. 

It would appear they want it all ways!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group