Author Topic: Adver comments - I wonder who 'bobby wright' is?  (Read 40134 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Adver comments - I wonder who 'bobby wright' is?
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2014, 12:40:11 AM »
I'll also go with the deliberate hypotheses.

If I lived next door to someone who hates cats visiting their garden, and who didn't have a cat but seemed to leave containers of water out for them , I'd be mighty interested in the what and the why if cats closeby started dying after ingesting antifreeze.

Best way to keep cats out of your garden is to leave a dog in it.  You still have to scoop da poop but at least a dog doesn't hide it next to your radishes :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline Muggins

« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2014, 06:16:38 AM »
Funnily enough Geoff, I've found that the best way not to have someone else's cat in the garden is to have one of your own.  Our dogs have never stopped neighbours cats from spending the day with us. Or is that because we wouldn't allow the dogs to 'see 'em off' (said as one word).
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2014, 08:59:49 PM »
 :o WOW!!  :o
The Adver finally banned the troll  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

http://m.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11278010.Don___t_fall_foul_of_law_during_World_Cup/

Well......until his next alias I suppose   :coolsmiley:

4:34pm Mon 16 Jun 14
Craig Lyus says…
Right then. ChannelX has been banned (under that alias at least) frankly because I'm sick of the constant tedious arguments. As a word of warning to the rest of you, don't get drawn into exchanges like those above. Debate by all means but do so with courtesy please.

All the more entertaining because the troll was claiming moral high ground, superior intellect, and impunity to virtually everyone else on the thread  :fence:
Proud to be gone

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2014, 04:12:23 AM »

About time too :)

He's a good example of why I tend to shoot trolls before they get fully into their stride. Funnily enough, the very worst trolls I've known often seem to have a commercial interest in the www.  I've always wondered if owning/running a www business tends to endow them with a sense of ownership of the www, and therefore feel entitled to behave like twats.

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »
Well I have read that ASD tends to be more prevalent in the IT industry than in the population as a whole, whether that's true or not I don't know.

However, trolls do exhibit some classic signs of ASD or sociopathic disorders like a lack of empathy.  One group can't understand why their actions might be hurtful (and struggle with the concept that people might disagree with them) and with the other they don't care what damage they do to have a laugh or further their cause.

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2015, 06:49:43 PM »
Sent these links to the new Adver web editor who unwittingly confirmed who the troll is.

Be interesting to see if anything happens.

Certainly going to be a classic case of "what's good for the goose is good for the ICDT"

If nothing else, it's raised the viewing figures of Talk Swindon
Proud to be gone