Author Topic: Adver comments - I wonder who 'bobby wright' is?  (Read 48978 times)

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
Re: Adver comments - I wonder who 'bobby wright' is?
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2012, 09:06:17 PM »
"Bobby Wright" appears tohave morphed into "I 2 Could B" at 9:51am Thu 5 Apr 12
www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9632311.The_countdown_to_elections_begins___/

Whilst Robfm appears to have morphed into "Localboy88" at 6:28pm Thu 5 Apr 12
www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9629402.It_s_David_v_Goliath_at_council_elections/

I knew I shouldn't have gone back in, but I'm off for a week at the coast now to rehabilitate  :crazy2:
Proud to be gone

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2012, 09:13:04 PM »
Dear me.

Makes some of the stuff on here look like classic literature.

The threads start off sort of OK but within about a dozen posts you could just cut and paste the rest of it.

I had an account once but I'm reasonably sure it's not irony.

Is it?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2012, 09:29:26 PM »
I knew I shouldn't have gone back in, but I'm off for a week at the coast now to rehabilitate  :crazy2:

What only a week :o have a good time away I hope the sun shines down on you.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2012, 08:40:52 AM »
"Bobby Wright" appears tohave morphed into "I 2 Could B" at 9:51am Thu 5 Apr 12
www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9632311.The_countdown_to_elections_begins___/

Whilst Robfm appears to have morphed into "Localboy88" at 6:28pm Thu 5 Apr 12
www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9629402.It_s_David_v_Goliath_at_council_elections/

Didn't someone speculate that I 2 Could B is 20eyes, which would explain the venom.

Offline Jean

• Jefferies Land Conservation Trust
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2012, 09:42:57 AM »
Evidently we are all rabid Labour Party supporters. No we aren't!

:hippy:
Live simply so that others might simply live

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »
....not me, nor Ph1C, nor Kohima, nor Mart (i should imagine!) - nor a whole host of others...

... but because we're not blind supporters of the current administration and have made public (and, from the reaction, apparently effective criticism), it suits the intellectually weak and opportune to label us as de facto Labour supporters.

Mind you, both parties seem to be doing such a good job of aping the worst excesses of the other, a little bit of confusion amongst the stupid and the desperate is bound to happen, eh?  :wink:
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline I Could Do That

Re: Adver comments - I wonder who 'abbot boy' is?
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2012, 03:15:27 PM »
I wonder who Abbot Boy is.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9629402.It_s_David_v_Goliath_at_council_elections/

I suspect it's "that pub man"

I doubt anyone is unaware of who "that pub man" is

Especially on such a dated thread.

Thankfully "that pub man" isn't up for election this time
Proud to be gone

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2012, 04:28:08 PM »
Haha  ;D

"Best advice to Mrs Boyd is to take a long hard look at what she’s been hearing from the likes of the vile gentleman and understand that she is merely being used as yet another bullet in the gun he’s not man enough to fire himself."

Bobby and his mates need to make up their minds.  One week I'm a vile and discredited person shunned by all, but the next I'm controlling the actions of independent candidates in this years local elections.  It's fairly obvious that neither is true.

Anyhow, I don't think I'll be taking lectures on manhood from anyone hiding behind an Adver screen name  ;D

Thanks to the likes of Bluh, Bawden and Bobby, becoming 'vile' has been a very positive thing.  They and their henchtwits are slowly realising this, hence the recent increase in gusts of wind and piss from 'anonymous' online Onanists within the Adver Mastabatoryum who, I should point out, seem to be the only people in Swindon who jerk liberally when I give their strings a gentle pluck......

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
Its a terrifying insight into how paranoid and deluded people have got about you and TS though, isn't it?

Kareen Boyd is a driven and independently minded person from what I've seen of her - and that tw@ expressing his poisonous opinions on the Adver is either stupid or trying a pathetic and transparent attempt to be manipulative and misleading - the Croft protest campaign was well underway before the people behind it were even aware of TS.

Its so funny that someone should be so in thrall to a party and a system that they can allow themselves to become so removed from reality.

In fact, for all those of us who've decided we'd like a change from the current status quo, regardless of our natural political allegiances, examples like him are fantastic news. They are all the proof any reader could want of the ethical and intellectual meltdown which has taken place amidst that grouping and the need for some sort of reform.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2012, 05:11:36 PM »
Its a terrifying insight into how paranoid and deluded people have got about you and TS though, isn't it?

Some people are genuinely terrified of, and resistant to change, others want things to stay the way they are because they benefit directly from a politically anaerobic environment.  Perhaps if I hadn't moved to Swindon, and perhaps if Talkswindon hadn't started when it did, that the status quo may have lasted a couple more years, but in any event I doubt the lids on the worm can and pork barrel would have stayed on much longer and something like TS would have arrived anyway.

The Bobby Wrights of the town fit into the second group. They neither deluded or paranoid, but they are deliberately poisonous towards anything and anyone who threatens 'their' selfish view of things.

Kareen Boyd is a driven and independently minded person from what I've seen of her - and that tw@ expressing his poisonous opinions on the Adver is either stupid or trying a pathetic and transparent attempt to be manipulative and misleading - the Croft protest campaign was well underway before the people behind it were even aware of TS.

Yup.

Its so funny that someone should be so in thrall to a party and a system that they can allow themselves to become so removed from reality.

In thrall to themselves and their own selfishness. They deliberately confuse what is best for them with what 'is best for the town', and then work hard to create and maintain a system which continues to benefit them at the expense of others.  The most damaging disconnect from reality occurs when the influential convince themselves that the town cannot prosper without them and that the 'end' they desire justifies whatever 'means' they employ to satisfy their own desires. Their dreams become other peoples nightmares. See Croft, see Pickards fields, see Coate, see wifi, see Tabernacle stones, see the Eastern Development Area, ad infinitum.....

In fact, for all those of us who've decided we'd like a change from the current status quo, regardless of our natural political allegiances, examples like him are fantastic news. They are all the proof any reader could want of the ethical and intellectual meltdown which has taken place amidst that grouping and the need for some sort of reform.

Absolutely :)

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »
I 2 Could B/ Robfm / Bobby Wright

All agreeing in perfect harmony?

Or all the same person?
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9632311.The_countdown_to_elections_begins___/
Proud to be gone

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2012, 08:10:48 AM »
Well 20Eyes didn't like the fact he couldn't just rant and instead of debating would just shout over them or would keep repeating his point when his posts had to be approved prior to posting.

Robfm flounced off just before last years elections because he was subjected to some serious cross-examination.

Offline A Very Nice Lady

• Hello!
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
I 2 Could B/ Robfm / Bobby Wright

All agreeing in perfect harmony?

Or all the same person?
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9632311.The_countdown_to_elections_begins___/

Hello
I have signed up to this forum after coming across many references to it on the Swindon Advertiser online forum.
There are all sorts of comments and opinion's flying around on the SA online forum.

I have been on here as a guest and I do not see what all the fuss is about. All I see is debate, opinions being shared and a mixture of what usually goes on pre election time.  All political parties behave in the same way in the run up to an election, that's my view anyway.

and as Thatcher once said '' I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job''

So back to the point in hand. I have posted on the SA online forum and I have been asked by a poster on there 'which one of the 15 are you '. Not quite sure what was meant by this. The poster also referred to this forum as being a pro - Labour platform and I was told if I signed up that I wouldn't last very long on here.

Well here I am!
I vote Conservative,  I am not here to judge anyone, or will I take anything personally. I am here to contribute and debate from time to time and to find out what it is like to be a poster for myself.

Thank you for allowing  me to join

J
Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country .  Margaret Thatcher

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2012, 01:03:05 PM »
Hi AVNL.... Hope you don't mind the acronym, I post from my smart phone so a long name takes forever to type...

This forum isn't pro this or that. Just expect debate and any outrageous or questionable opinions to be rigorously questioned.

As the forum says.... Beware live ammuntion is used O0
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline A Very Nice Lady

• Hello!
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »
Hi AVNL.... Hope you don't mind the acronym, I post from my smart phone so a long name takes forever to type...

This forum isn't pro this or that. Just expect debate and any outrageous or questionable opinions to be rigorously questioned.

As the forum says.... Beware live ammuntion is used O0

Hi,
Thank You Tea Boy.
I think I will enjoy it here and I agree with what I have come across so far isn't pro this or that,  It is a forum for
debate and questions to be questioned etc.
I saw the live ammunition bit which says it all really!  If you are of nervous disposition then maybe this isn't the forum for you!

Its about taking the rough with the smooth. That's life.
I guess by reading what's on the SW online forum - it comes across as if there have been people who have taking things very personally hence the reason they are spitting feathers on the SW forum. They being people who once posted here.

Well I'm off to work now, but I will come back later.

Thank you
J

Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country .  Margaret Thatcher

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2012, 01:22:57 PM »
Hello AVNL

Welcome to TS  O0
I hope you enjoy being a member of this forum and I look forward
to reading your posts  :wink:

Chav
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2012, 03:29:31 PM »
Hello
I have signed up to this forum after coming across many references to it on the Swindon Advertiser online forum.
There are all sorts of comments and opinion's flying around on the SA online forum.

I have been on here as a guest and I do not see what all the fuss is about. All I see is debate, opinions being shared and a mixture of what usually goes on pre election time.  All political parties behave in the same way in the run up to an election, that's my view anyway.

and as Thatcher once said '' I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job''

So back to the point in hand. I have posted on the SA online forum and I have been asked by a poster on there 'which one of the 15 are you '. Not quite sure what was meant by this. The poster also referred to this forum as being a pro - Labour platform and I was told if I signed up that I wouldn't last very long on here.

Ah, bless them, the attendant irony in one of the 'Adver 5' asking 'which of the TS 15 are you?' is self evident and inextricably related to a unhealthy mental fascination with, and compensation for, size. 

I'm pretty sure that the multiple-persona's of the 'Bobby Wrights' etc of the Adver comments section suffer some confusion between their own 'size', (intellectual and otherwise), and the 'virtual' size of both the small part of the www they seek to dominate, (the Adver comments section), and venues like Talkswindon.org where they find their efforts to dominate other users and the forum itself rendered impotent because other members do not tolerate their behaviour or methods.

Like small and aggressive dogs, the 'Bobby's', (let's call them that to avoid any confusion with the real Bob Wright), puff up to make themselves look bigger than they really are, and the method they use to 'puff up' is to create multiple persona's, (creating a small dog pack you might say), which are then used to surround, harrass and gang-bang anyone expressing a view of which the Bobby's disagree.  Within the Adver comments section only two or three people using multiple persona's are responsible for driving most, if not all of the genuine regular posters away from the site.  That a couple of Bobby's are driving new users away from the Adver site just highlights their own selfish, dog-like behaviour - 'Woof, Woof, The Adver site is mine!, Go away, go away, Woof!' - before resuming their previous growling at the other Bobby's.

They're pretty dumb because in trying to 'flame' Talkswindon from within the Adver site they are actually achieving the exact opposite of what they want.  They would love the Adver site, (inhabited and dominated by them), to be the only online discussion venue in town, but in behaving as they do they are guaranteeing that Talkswindon remains the only venue in the Borough where this is possible, enjoyable and useful.  It's sad really, Swindon would benefit from a greater variety of online venues, but that doesn't bother the Bobby's, as long as they're having their 'fun' they don't care much about anything or anybody else.

I could deliver a lecture about 'size', and the hows and whys of the members:readers dynamics, but I there's no need to belittle the Bobby's any further, (and I can't be arsed to respond to their comments any further than I already have), except to say this:

"Dear Bobby

Size doesn't really matter when it comes to the size of a forum or other online media - a relatively small number of contributors can interest, amuse and keep a much larger number of readers engaged.  The Swindon Advertiser has a very small number of staff yet has a daily readership of several thousand.

Now, just to be very clear Bobby, my above comments refer solely to the size of forums and other online media. When your missus tells you that 'size doesn't matter'......

....she's trying to make you feel better about yourself. :)

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2012, 03:32:59 PM »
Hello and welcome AVNL!

I agree with what teaboy said the site isn't pro/anti any particular party, if Labour or the LibDems were in charge now I'm sure they'd be getting just as hard a time as the Tories (it's what always happens to ruling parties).

Offline swindoncentric

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
A friendly welcome to TVNL!

Prepare for healthy, vibrant, democratic debate.

And on TS, all views are welcomed!

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »
"So back to the point in hand. I have posted on the SA online forum and I have been asked by a poster on there 'which one of the 15 are you '. Not quite sure what was meant by this. The poster also referred to this forum as being a pro - Labour platform and I was told if I signed up that I wouldn't last very long on here."

Hello Very Nice Lady.
I am one of the Adver 5 (I Too)

I have no allegiance to any political party, but a negative comment about money wasted on WiFi is enough to get  a "loony lefty" tag from a certain Adver commenter.

You will have a much better debate on this site and nobody will try to contact your employer if you say something they don't like.  O0

Proud to be gone