Author Topic: Adver comments - I wonder who 'bobby wright' is?  (Read 96521 times)

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
Re: Adver comments - I wonder who 'bobby wright' is?
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2013, 09:53:52 PM »
Guess who has resurfaced after a long absence and immediately launches into an attack on Kareen Boyd?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10450376.Council_chief_in_community_call_to_arms/#commentsList

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »
Pfff! I'm pretty sure that the tiresome twat quotient which renders the Adver comments function virtually pointless is no more than a small handful of people with multiple log ins.

I'd hope that Kareen would see the vitriol of such an ineffectual person as an adver troll as a compliment! The obvious fixation also makes it pretty obvious that they're almost certainly a serving conservative councilor (if not 'close to' a councilor  :wink: ) - and such posts show how hurtful they find the exposure of the truth...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2013, 11:35:44 AM »
It is all a bit puerile and ignores the fact the I and others were only following the instructions of our then Old Town and Lawn WCs Bawden, Mattock and Foley.

These instructions were that if we ( constituents ) wanted info then it was DIY.

I believe that the modern 21st councillor would see it as a key part of their role to engage with and answer questions from their constituents.

It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline OTTed

• Colin Doubleday from Old Town Swindon
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2013, 03:03:46 PM »
As someone who has been repeatedly promised answers to questions by council committees ..... which rarely, if ever, appear....it seems that FOI is often my only recourse. And I agree that I have been previously encouraged down this route by sitting councillors.

Actually I rarely use it because I am a busy bee. But it begs another question....

why is the information not to hand?  In most cases information should be easy to answer if the council had SAP or even a fairly juvenile way of measuring progress. Or if officers and cabinet members were measuring performance by normal management conditions.  Occasionally I follow the log of FOI requests as pass through from the website, very few of the requests can be seen in any way vexious. And in many cases if the officer or councillor had fronted up with a fair, believable estimation at the point of first contact,.....well the request would not need to be formalised.

One FOI I did note that Swindon Council could not answer was a request as to how many FOIs had SBC raised on themselves. Amazing, but they did not see fit to measure this.  Given that the FOIs that I know have been self raised seem to take a long time and rarely to provide conclusive answers,........well then SBC are causing the biggest waste of money and might consider curtailing their own activity?

As for Bobby Wright [who ever the vexious simpleton may be] is that really the best way to conduct politics. I look forward to a more inclusive and cooperative version of politics come my version of a 'velvet positive change in attitude'.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2013, 03:25:53 PM »

One FOI I did note that Swindon Council could not answer was a request as to how many FOIs had SBC raised on themselves. Amazing, but they did not see fit to measure this.

Probably(?) SBC legal has either found a form of words which circumvents the question [how many FOI's it has raised against itself] or had coached it's officers on how to submit an FOI without their status as an officer of the council being recordable.

In any event, SBC's FOI department could very easily compare the names of all FOI applicants and compare it against a list of SBC officers.  Of course they don't even need to do this because they know damn well who submitted which FOI.

I suggest you have at your fingertips yet more examples of SBC's FOI misfeasance and malfeasance.  Have you considered inviting the Information Commissioner to chew them over?

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2013, 03:52:20 PM »

One FOI I did note that Swindon Council could not answer was a request as to how many FOIs had SBC raised on themselves. Amazing, but they did not see fit to measure this.

Probably(?) SBC legal has either found a form of words which circumvents the question [how many FOI's it has raised against itself] or had coached it's officers on how to submit an FOI without their status as an officer of the council being recordable.

In any event, SBC's FOI department could very easily compare the names of all FOI applicants and compare it against a list of SBC officers.  Of course they don't even need to do this because they know damn well who submitted which FOI.

I suggest you have at your fingertips yet more examples of SBC's FOI misfeasance and malfeasance.  Have you considered inviting the Information Commissioner to chew them over?

As a consequence of the March 2013 opening and closing schools report presented to the CYPOS committee I asked for information relating to the 2009 Steering Group (mentioned in the report but unknown to the public and unmentioned in any other officer reports) which played a key role in delivering the Croft.

Initial responses from the committee officer were open and provided detail of the members of this group. When I asked for information relating to basic governance ( as clearly specified in guidance from the Office of Law and Democratic Services which I have since seen in the public domain) I was informed that this was an FOI request which although I had not requested ( an officer generated FOI) I waited patiently to have fulfilled.

After the requisite FOI deadline I asked for the information and was surprised to be told that the council was taking advice as this request was seen to be 'vexatious'.

I simply asked for evidence of governance for a steering group of senior councillors and senior officers who provided information to the cabinet on which a significant decision was made whilst the public had been kept in the dark by ward councillors.

FOI requests are managed by the office of law and democratic services.

Decision making in Swindon and a guide to report writing and clearance is the output of the office of law and democratic services.

Advice is commonly sought from the office of law and democratic services.

Why is it vexatious to ask the department who state the rules of governance for evidence of governance ? 

I have again been patient and await this 'advice' with interest.
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2013, 01:06:34 PM »
Letter sent to the Adver

Kareen

A word of thanks.    

Having recently been the subject of threatening and inciting comments on the Swindon Advertiser's comments page relating to the burying of a time capsule at the Croft School, I would like to register my thanks to both the Swindon Advertiser and the local police for their prompt attention to this matter. The comment in question named my family and that of another local resident as well as making disparaging comments about the Pipers Area Residents' Association.

The Swindon Advertiser promptly removed the offensive post and provided the Police with the technical details relating to the poster using the pseudonym ' Bobby Wright'.  From this the Police were able to establish that the poster was located in North Swindon and subsequently visited the identified address to inform him about the implications of harassment and consequences of further activity of this nature under this or any other pseudonym.

Kareen Boyd
Hesketh Crescent, Old Town, Swindon   

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2013, 03:49:03 PM »
Well done Adver and police, harassment is harassment.

Does make you wonder about why someone from North Swindon would have such a problem with the activities of someone living the other side of town.

Unless of course they had some sort of vested interested or had a link with someone who did.

Offline carole bent

• Hello !
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2013, 08:39:02 PM »
And not an isolated case  ....

Earlier this year , The Adver wrote a good article about the Spring Clean that we did in Old Town.
It was a nice article about a positive initiative that brought together local residents from 5 years old up to 87, along with local businesses, scouts, people who worked in SBC & SCS, councillors from both of the main parties,  2 vicars  and blokes from the nightclub.

Anyone who wanted to be part of it was welcomed. A good day was shared by the 75 people who took part ... & the flowers continue to bloom to this day.

As one of the organisers, my name & a sentence or two was  included in the feature - along with 100% positive statements from at least 2 other people . It was a "good news story".

....Or at least it was until online comments were added , singling me out for special attention.

I cant remember the exact names as It was a while ago ... but Ringer & Mr Grumpy come to mind.

I wasnt chuffed to read nasty, demeaning comments from anonymous posters but decided to ignore them at first.

As they kept going, I made the mistake of trying to engage on line to clarify some of the facts hoping it would diffuse the vitriol.
Totally pointless ( a lesson learnt for me ) as it went on and on .... ending with something like
" her ( ie my ) clear hatred of the tories can be seen on the labour site ( = assume  Talkswindon )

On the back of the other stuff and as someone who might hate the actions of some - but doesn't " hate " anyone " I decided I'd had enough & lodged my concerns. It took a week to remove the comments.

I also mentioned that since speaking up about the Croft, It wasn't the first time that " odd " things had been said or written and that if anything similar happened again,  I'd have no hesitation in instructing a lawyer to take action against the perpetrators.
 I knew I was only one of a number of people who felt the same.

The identities and agendas have been "strongly" suggested to me since then and boy - some people should be ashamed.

The " burying the time capsule " piece was even worse so well done Kareen for " calling time " and getting police to act on this.

Offline Des Moffatt

• Hello !
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2013, 08:41:59 PM »
If this person holds public office or seeks to hold public office he/she should be exposed.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2013, 09:45:42 PM »
I totally agree.

A 'name and shame' is fully justified in this case. The vitriol and the personal abuse are beyond the pale. No further action than merely exposing their names is necessary. Shame will do the rest.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2013, 10:12:14 PM »
If you do know/suspect who the real Bobby Wright is can you give us a hint?

For instance is it someone connected with a political party  or is it an individual acting alone? 

Wonder if same person who is Bobfm/Robfm?

PS well done Police/Adver/Karen

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2013, 10:40:44 PM »
If you do know/suspect who the real Bobby Wright is can you give us a hint?

I'd counsel caution. No speculation - only facts and only from those who knows for sure (if anyone outside of The Adver or the police actually does, of course  :wink: ). We don't want to compound their malign influence by libelling or unfairly besmirching an innocent party.

I'm rather hopeful a lamplighter might sing out. I think, for sheer poison and vitriol. the individual concerned has foregone any right to hide behind anonymity. Attacking ideas or policies is one thing - but regularly trolling ordinary people for no better justification than naked hate is about as low as anyone can stoop.

I'd like them to squirm whilst they contemplate the very real possibility that the whole of Swindon might be about to discover who they are.

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2013, 10:00:03 AM »
This is a long overdue breath of fresh air.

Notice logins using the name "Tim" have also vanished.
Proud to be gone

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2013, 04:19:29 PM »
This is a long overdue breath of fresh air.

Notice logins using the name "Tim" have also vanished.

He'll be back.  Dog's always return to sniff at their own poo.

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »
Well anticipated.

Within a very short time of my comment one of the "tim" logins has suddenly come back into use.

Thought that might happen.

Despite his continual slating of TalkSwindon, he does read it every day  :thumb:
Proud to be gone

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2013, 09:12:15 PM »
As an advocate of freedom of speech I recognise what a great privilege it is to live in a country where this is revered.

With such a privilege comes the responsibility to use this wisely.

I have learned much in these past 3 years and have been the subject of more attacks than I have the energy to list at this moment.

The boundaries of acceptability are quite clear.

As are the implications of crossing this threshold.

Kareen

Offline carole bent

• Hello !
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2013, 10:07:43 PM »
Roosevelt  said ....“Knowing what's right doesn't mean much unless you do what's right.”

Local people who rightly speak up when they see something wrong shouldn't be under " attack " or told they are " being punished "

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »
I am sure you will both recall that I once said to you that, having dared to dissent with our local governance, you would be treated as enemy combatants by the ilk.

It's a non-xclusive and quickly growing club....I think Mayor Barnett crowned Mary Ratcliffe as our most senior member.

Wear your orange overalls with pride and dignity Ladies :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2013, 08:41:47 AM »
I am sure you will both recall that I once said to you that, having dared to dissent with our local governance, you would be treated as enemy combatants by the ilk.

It's a non-xclusive and quickly growing club....I think Mayor Barnett crowned Mary Ratcliffe as our most senior member.

Wear your orange overalls with pride and dignity Ladies :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

I'm honoured to be thought of in the same sentence as Mary.

And I am led to believe that orange is quite my colour!!

Kareen