Author Topic: Adver comments - I wonder who 'bobby wright' is?  (Read 92312 times)

Offline Tobes

• Regents
Re: Adver comments - I wonder who 'bobby wright' is?
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2012, 07:42:22 PM »
I think Oliver Donachie needs to step back from the spade cos that's a whacking great hole he's digging for himself.

Whilst many suspect that's who it is, nobody (apart from the man himself) actually knows that's who's behind these personas though, do they?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2012, 08:20:50 PM »
I think frogs get a raw deal.

The tadpoles get attacked by fish.
The froglets get eaten by birds and even spiders.
The adult frogs get attacked by cats or run over.
My neighbour thinks they're poisonous

They are quite harmless and quite interesting (the frogs. Not my neighbours)
Not to mention the old lady who swallowed a fly !
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Richard Beale

• Hello !
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2012, 09:38:53 PM »
I think Oliver Donachie needs to step back from the spade cos that's a whacking great hole he's digging for himself.

Whilst many suspect that's who it is, nobody (apart from the man himself) actually knows that's who's behind these personas though, do they?

Perhaps Tea Boy needs to use "AKA Oliver Donachie"? :popcorn:

The joys of unverified internet logins?

Offline bobwright

« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2012, 11:27:17 PM »
There are times and places where revealing ones true identity could be dangerous for an individual and those who are close to them. Contributing to the Advertiser does not seem to be one of those situations so it says much more about the individual who has to hide behind a false name.

Intially I thought it sad that someone would use the pseudonym 'bobby wright' now that I have given it a bit more thought perhaps my great grandfather and father could be chuffed that someone has used their names.

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
Idle Curiosity or How Desperate
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2012, 11:23:26 AM »
I wonder how much longer this thread might last.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9811281.Young_high_flyer_to_take_on_Tomlinson_in_North_Swindon/?action=add_comment

I reckon another week.

Any other estimates?
Proud to be gone

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »
erm.....who cares?  but it does seem like a cheaper alternative than sending them to a mental health day centre :wink:

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »
Has "Jason Reeve" gone overtly political or is Olive Dognasty up to his old tricks again?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10018841.Police_hopefuls_differ_over_extra_cops_cash/

More here
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10013989.Swindon_given_chance_to_win_City_Deal_from_Government/
Proud to be gone

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »

Bashing the judiciary was also a particular favourite of 20 Eye's, mind you,  there's not more than a fag papers difference between the tactic and behaviour of 20 or Olive, so it doesn't matter much which is which or whether it's neither imho  :)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
I think frogs get a raw deal

You are joking, they get feckin shedloads of Euros to prop up their bloody peasant farmers making their stinky cheese in their unfathomable toilets.

They can stick their crappy skinny chips up their bums as well.

Or, have I misunderstood again?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2012, 10:58:31 PM »
Um... Yes I think you missed the point, but raised some other interesting perspective  ;D
Proud to be gone

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2012, 09:05:55 AM »
Um... Yes I think you missed the point, but raised some other interesting perspective  ;D

Wonder if Ollie D will be commenting on the Torun bus gate comments made by an Oliver Donachie chairman of the PVRA  :-\
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »

Wonder if Ollie D will be commenting on the Torun bus gate comments made by an Oliver Donachie chairman of the PVRA  :-\

By PVRA, do you mean the Priory Vale residents association as set up by Olive Donachie, and run by Olive Donachie for the apparently exclusive political use of himself and wife/partner Cllr Faramarzi, with carefully orchestrated guest appearances by Fionualala Foley & Co?

If so I encourage readers to visit www pvra.info* to have a look for themselves.  It's as much a genuine residents association as I am an olympic pole vaulter  :wink:

It's an overtly political blog with pretensions towards creating a fanbase of residents in thrall of Olive 'n' Emma, (not likely), but let's surprise Olive anyway by doubling his readership in one afternoon :)

* Insert your own dot after the www   :wink:

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2012, 03:16:35 PM »
Wow!
Checked out the website.

Vomit inducing, pass the bucket
Proud to be gone

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2012, 03:17:47 PM »
Checked out the website.

Readership doubled  ;D

Offline Muggins

« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
On the face of it, without digging too deep, it would look like a reasonable web page for a residents association. 

However it does state that it is not Political but reserves the right to work with any policial party to get the best for the community it serves - my interpretation of their words - that's legal -just! Providing it's not too attached to the political party and it would be hard to prove otherwise if the Donachies/Famarazzi's are holding the keys to the web site.

And I hope that they realise that even if they are not a registered charity, they are expected to behave like one, especially if raising money. I could look up the section of the latest Charity Act if need be.

I also notice that they keep the right to 'meet' via email etc. but there is no clause to say that the minutes of that will be published right away, or indeed if minutes will be kept of such meetings and how any member would know that was happening on any given month. And who would want to with an embryonic community (or five) like Prioy Vale.  In my opinion, residents would be better served by each neighbourhood having it's own community association, with maybe a Priory Vale Forum.

Some of the wording is a little flowery to that of a usual constitution. i.e. Dissolution Clause 'hoping it would not be used'

I was interested in this sentence Under the 'Equal Opportunties' Clause

"The Association will challenge any remarks or behaviour that cause offence and makes some people feel unwelcome"

Wouldn't fancy your chances if you turned up then, Geoff.

Equal opps is about so much more than Race, Religion, Ability and Gender.

I'm off to see if there is a facebook page!
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »
Had a look at the web site ... it is a bit odd... not sure it's objectives are very clear.

But... it has a letter from Cllr Foley!

What a surprise.. I haven't seen many of these...

One for the antiques roadshow of the future perhaps?
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »
If so I encourage readers to visit www pvra.info* to have a look for themselves.  It's as much a genuine residents association as I am an olympic pole vaulter

That'll be a substantial feckin pole, but it's good to have a hobby.

No offence.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2012, 05:44:12 AM »
If so I encourage readers to visit www pvra.info* to have a look for themselves.  It's as much a genuine residents association as I am an olympic pole vaulter

That'll be a substantial feckin pole, but it's good to have a hobby.

No offence.

No....this is a substantial feckin Pole :)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
Ohhhhh Oohhhh Oo Ooh
Slowly I picked my life up
Now I go and pick the wife up
She works in Marks And Spencer’s
La la la Lech Walesa

When Cupid threw her last dart
You, girl, were still in my heart
I love you more than ever
Even though I married Trevor

http://www.chrisrand.com/hmhb/back-in-the-dhss/reflections-in-a-flat/

About 5:50 in.

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2012, 08:08:42 PM »
Lawdy lawdy.

It would appear that Olive is owed an apology and he only has one login after all
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10083031.The_curtain_falls_on_town_Big_Arts_Day/
Proud to be gone