Author Topic: false rumours in Gorsehill?  (Read 5811 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: false rumours in Gorsehill?
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 09:35:17 AM »
What I don't understand is the motivation behind this pRoject and what Rod hopes to gain from it in view of the fact he is giving the developers the land for free!..

What on earth can he hope to gain from this situation apart from upsetting people by his disingenuous approach to the process by which it would be achieved?

Is it true that Labour would cancel this project in its entirety immediately they got into office?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Muggins

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »
Richard, it's common to GIVE land for social housing development, usually it's tagged on somewhere to other areas of council housing, sometimes it's levered in with the half buy half rent thing (which I never could understand - the benefits of paying a mortgage AND rent I mean).  I the government would allow council houses to be built, that's what would be going there instead.

It's also council policy NOT to charge section 106 money -unless they've changed that.

Of course Limpy wants to see what going to be put on the land, that doesn't mean you have to accept the development and the site it's on, and if you say "That's quite nice" in front of anyone who wants to build it, that is taken as an agreement to the development unfortunately.   

I'm still comvionced tha tthat land was part of another plan - part of the riverways and cycle routes corridors planned via the vast investment in the Community Forest Project, and as such should not be lost to houinsg development. 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Rochelle

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 10:52:03 AM »
Richard,
The answer to your question is yes

Offline LimpGaribaldi

• Hello !
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 11:25:54 AM »
Muggins if it was gifted as part of a corridor arrangement would it still be valid? I thought all the national cycle routes were tied down now. I am very precious of my cycle paths and parks and less so of that horrible verge stuff that has as much biodiversity as a wet flannel.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 11:42:44 AM »
I don't know if it was gifted, but thye cycle route network was lauded in swindon for many years as a BIg thing in our green agenda.  They were funded via  few different grants i think - Sustrands being one - but I didn't follow the plot as far as that was concerned either.  As they were the bain od my life during their contruction at Abbey Meads - well, not the cycle routes themselves but the planning stuff around and about them - I started taking an wider interest in the 'strategic' routes too.

No doubt if I dug deep enough here, I could find the stuff relating to the wider Swindon thing, it would be on the public records, but I think it's enough to say that other things were planned for those cycle route and stream corridors and it didn't include development, that any development there intrudes on to what I and others must have thought was being left as open space.  there is also the allotment thing, at a time when we should be promoting allotments and outdoor execerise areas close to housing and traditionally community open sapce should not be being built on. 

People who know the exact area better than are are searching covenants etc. Developers can't TV personalities or not, cannot claim green credentials when it is clear they have none.

If you haven't taken the time to read the threads on this on TS, please take the time to do so.   Whilst youa re at it, have a galnce over on the Croft school threads too, it will give you an idea of what we are up against.

Might be a good idea to look at the Biodiversity Action plans and Habitat Management plans for Swindon too. Written in hope!!  Then find out the definition of foraging ground and send it on a card to SBC Cabinet, because I don't think any of them understand what it means.

Then remember that they now have no Parks Department and as far as I can establish only two rangers subsumed into SCS and don't know what their jobs will be and things don't auger at all well for ourbiodiversity anyway.  So one of the top things we have to brag about will go the same way as other things - under a pile of development.

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline LimpGaribaldi

• Hello !
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »
Bit of an away win for Bluh then, developer gets the flack for developing, some social housing gets built (legal and laudable) and he loses some grass he would need to pay a contractor to maintain, played a blinder if your living on top of a hill.

Thanks for the links Muggins

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »
Bit of an away win for Bluh then, developer gets the flack for developing, some social housing gets built (legal and lauda :bash:ble) and he loses some grass he would need to pay a contractor to maintain, played a blinder if your living on top of a hill.

Thanks for the links Muggins

Problem is limpbisq is that the team he is scoring against is the people of Swindon (that invludes me and you)
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »

Why isn't this topic in the Gorsehill section?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 03:13:56 PM »
Have no idea Geoff!

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 07:14:06 PM »
Geoff

Thanks for putting it in the correct place. :embarassed:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 09:02:27 PM »
Richard,
The answer to your question is yes

Thank you for being so explicit Rochelle  O0
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group