Author Topic: It doesn't need improving... Mclod and Habokus need a lesson in Ecology  (Read 9152 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: It doesn't need improving... Mclod and Habokus need a lesson in Ecology
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 11:31:02 AM »
If it can't be stopped and work starts, how are they going to keep this man out then,? permanent Policeman on site? 

One thing I can guarantee is that they will be sloppy about their security, they always are - at first.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Richard Beale

• Hello !
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 12:38:10 PM »
Who pays for Swindons police

Habokus or the taxpayers of Swindon??

Offline Muggins

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 04:49:27 PM »
When the Northern Development started the consortium paid for a policeman, but that was for the huge site.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 01:50:59 PM »
Adver haven't bothered mentioning the police incident http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9583240.Fears_raised_over_housing_proposal/.

I bet the QI team must have looked at the comments left by some of Adver have your say "intelligentsia" when they declared Swindon to be the most ignorant town in the country. ::)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2012, 02:49:51 PM »

When the Police turned up at 9.45 I presumed they were making a courtesy call.
Unfortunately not, they had been summoned by Haboakus to prevent a man who lives in St Mary’s Grove from entering the site. It emerges that they had been supplied with his picture by Hadoakus. All seems a bit sinister to me.

I have been an enthusiastic supporter of Neighbourhood policing since my first contact with our excellent team and we can not let this undermine NPTs
We are not going back to the eighties when corporate greed is protected by our police. The man was persuaded to accept his fate for now but I will get to the bottom of this, watch this space.

Ah yes, it occurs to me that Haboakus might have decided that Fraser, (I forget his surname but he locals sometimes call him 'Haggis'), was vocal enough in his opposition and questioning of their plans that he provided them with an ideal PR opportunity - hence the police presence.

If the developers were hoping to portray themselves as 'under-dogs under threat from violent locals' they've probably miscalculated how the locals will perceive it.  Haggis, like Pickards Small Field and Kembrey grass, is something of a local feature.

I wonder if he fancies joining the Vile Gentlemans Club?  :wink:

Offline Richard Beale

• Hello !
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 05:32:04 PM »
so your allowed to turn up and look at pretty pictures of tree line boulevards, but if you want to come and add your weight to the growing concensus then we'll call the cops on you?

I think I know Haggis, nice gent, but a bit outspoken about things he cares about.

Still think it stinks when Habokus can call rent-a- cop to restrict access because he may 'cause a scene'.

Isn't all this a little too close to guilty until proved innocent?

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
It would be good to know exactly who requested that the police would attend.

If the Officers or the Administration initiated this or led Hocus Pocus to believe that there was a need this would be sending out a sinister message indeed.

Exactly how, where and when are the public given the opportunity to scrutinise what the Officers are up to?

After all , it is the Officers who write the reports which form the discussions that take place or the consultation forms which are presented to the Cabinet/Scrutiny/Full Council and the planning committee.

Neither the Officers nor the Council own land, they are merely custodians of that land on behalf and at the behest of the public. They can neither sell it nor give it away without the involvement and approval of the public.

It is just not good enough...
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline Rochelle

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 05:56:25 PM »
I understand the request came from Haboakus, it was their event.
It sees to me certain parties were unprepared for the level of objection to the clearly meant to be vibrant and innovative brave new world they wished to inflict on Gorsehill and they are now somewhat twitchy.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2012, 09:31:10 AM »
I understand the request came from Haboakus, it was their event.
It sees to me certain parties were unprepared for the level of objection to the clearly meant to be vibrant and innovative brave new world they wished to inflict on Gorsehill and they are now somewhat twitchy.

Twitchy.....yes, I believe they should be twitchy.

It's a little dissappointing to see a company which is supposed to posess a social conscience, be 'innovative' and 'ecologically friendly', revert to the modus operandi usually employed by ethically low-brow & high profit developers.

There's no honour in this for Mr Mc Wossname & for Gorsehill and Swindon there is no value in his plans.  There's also nothing but grief in this for Cllr Bluh and Co but, like their WiFiasco, they won't heed warnings, listen to residents, experts or advice which either doesn't support their vision or desire to economically 'support', (using public land and money), schemes they perceive to be politically useful to them. ( 6 weeks until this years all-out elections folks!)

Is this the 'Strong leadership' we've heard much about? - Well, I suppose so, but only for lemmings - The rest of us can see the cliffs.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2012, 10:49:26 PM »
All this makes me wonder if our Roderick actually wants to be returned as an Administration and that his antics actually indicate that he has had enough?

If not just how many fires do he want to have to put out at once?

As for Fraser Dalglish I suggest like our Kareen Rod may have taken on more than he can chew!  As I know from personal experience you do not trifle with the Scots because they never give up!

Oh sorry I forgot Rod is superman and he is always right!!   :D

All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group