Author Topic: It doesn't need improving... Mclod and Habokus need a lesson in Ecology  (Read 9153 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: It doesn't need improving... Mclod and Habokus need a lesson in Ecology
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
I'll send a link to a man, that knows a man, "From the Dark Side", yes, an underling of Lord Gnome himself, a Private Eye journalist.

Great, will it get us back in Rotten Boroughs where we belong?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Rochelle

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »
A reminder to all who are interested in attending, either inside or outside of the building...
the Haboakus consultation is this Saturday 10.00 am to 2.00pm

Offline Rochelle

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »
Should add it's at Gorsehill Junior School

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 01:29:01 PM »
Richard Symons said:
Great, will it get us back in Rotten Boroughs where we belong?

I certainly hope so Richard!

Cotswold District Council have been hogging Rotten Boroughs for the last year and a half with over 20 entries. We now have a quite period when I hope Cllr Bluh and Co have their "business affairs" and dictatorial regime made public.

I hope Lord Gnome's men get in early as I am expecting between 3 and 4 prosecutions within a stone's throw of the Cotswold Water Park soon. This as a result of events uncovered before the present enquiries by The City of London Police and a renewed Gloucestershire Police investigation and of course the independent Inquiry by Professor Graham Garbutt, which are all ongoing.

As a result of the above investigations I am expecting some resignations, dismissals and hopefully a few prosecutions. There has already been one "final retirement" and a "reassignment" as far a I can tell.

Now come on Swindon Borough Council! Step forward into the limelight!!
What's it all about?

Offline rumble1966

• Hello !
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »
Mr Bluh doesn't respond to my e-mails.

Why do you think that might be?

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »
Rumble,
Can I have five guesses?
1. You asked him a question?
2. You wanted an answer?
3. You are seen as not having sufficient influence in Whitehall to further Cllr Bluh's vibrant political career?
(Or all three of these?)
or
4. You are from The Insolvency Service, asking questions about Mr John Richard Hunt?
5. You are from Companies House asking about Digital City UK Ltd, Aqovia Ltd and or Avidity Consulting Ltd?
What's it all about?

Offline rumble1966

• Hello !
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 02:15:17 PM »
And here's me thinking he didn't like me.

All of the above Outie LOL!! :)

Offline Muggins

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »
You're not on your own Rumb, We are still waiting for a response sent to a letter on 8.8.08.  Sent from five or six different community organisations.

What did happen after that was that the Forum to which we all belonged stopped....dead...because we got no more support from the council or was that just an amazing co-incidence?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline rumble1966

• Hello !
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »
He's a nasty little bleeder isn't he.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »
The way I see it is, when a letter goes addressed to him and is about SBC business, it is to him as leader of SBC, not to him the man.  Therefore, if he can't answer it, it should be answered by someone - so they are all culpable.

I think the reason we may not have got a direct answer was because one of us, co-incidentally - bumped into or spoke to Michael Wills whilst we were waiting for the response, he took up the issue and wrote.  He did get a reply which he sent on to us, but it wasn't a happy reply, it was to Michael and quite political, so we still anticpated that we would get one direct - we didn't.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline rumble1966

• Hello !
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 03:40:23 PM »
I must admit I sent a flurry of e-mails to him, to which he promised to reply that was two weeks ago.

The thing is although I was incensed at his treatment of concerned resident's at the forum regarding Pickards Field , I wasn't that concerned about the development either way.

But the more I researched and the more digging I did, the more serious causes for concern I have had.

I know some of problems are systemic, but more are down to arrogance,  ill-thought out actions and boarder-line collusion and corruption.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 04:01:27 PM »

I know some of problems are systemic, but more are down to arrogance,  ill-thought out actions and boarder-line collusion and corruption.

Word. 

Offline rumble1966

• Hello !
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »
I even got the spelling right!

I'm out of action for a couple of days (Manchester and Devon), so I hope to see a good turnout on Saturday (Gorse Hill not the County Ground) when I go autograph hunting.

McCloud not Bluh, although the chances of McCloud turning up is minimal, he only puts in an appearance when the Council have passed another piece of dodgey stuff to assist his development. Nips down to the National trust for free tea, biscuits and hero worship from the staff.........

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:10 AM »
Mr Bluh doesn't respond to my e-mails.

Why do you think that might be?

and this guy expects to be elected in May!!   :crazy2:

or does he?

with his contemptuous behaviour
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Rochelle

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »
Interesting consultation at Gorsehill school today, tea and cakes, kids area, nice friendly people...
Over the four hours we held our own consultation outside the school and collected a considerable number of signatures on the petition.
The results of that would indicate strongly that we still hold a mandate to oppose the Haboakus development.
We did not ask people to sign until they'd been inside. For the first two thirds of the session it was clear  the overwhelming majority of people were against the development (some were positively incandescent), with a VERY few non committal or supportive.
Towards the end however, there was a sea change and people started arriving then coming out refusing to sign.
Note: a fair few people arrived in taxis, some of which came from Chippenham...
The next consultation is Thursday 22nd March 10.00 -12.00 at Gorsehill childrens centre.
Report from Des to follow!

Offline Muggins

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2012, 07:04:34 PM »
Chippenham?  Could that be the home of Greenspace?  or head office of one of the Housing Associations therein? 

Offline Des Moffatt

• Hello !
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 09:36:17 AM »
Yep Muggins, that is exactly where they come from.
We had a very good day yesterday, spent the entire time there milling with like minded people some of whom would never vote Labour but all of whom share our determination to put a stop to this crazy plan to build houses on public open space.

I suspect colleagues like me were nervous that the spin merchants in the hall would blunt the opposition to the development, not a bit of it, when we presented our petition to the people coming out for the first three hours we were getting enthusiastic support. So much so that three people took petition boards away with them promising to get a few sheets filled up.

When the Police turned up at 9.45 I presumed they were making a courtesy call.
Unfortunately not, they had been summoned by Haboakus to prevent a man who lives in St Mary’s Grove from entering the site. It emerges that they had been supplied with his picture by Hadoakus. All seems a bit sinister to me.

I have been an enthusiastic supporter of Neighbourhood policing since my first contact with our excellent team and we can not let this undermine NPTs
We are not going back to the eighties when corporate greed is protected by our police. The man was persuaded to accept his fate for now but I will get to the bottom of this, watch this space.

There were three petition refusals in the last half hour of the exercise. One claimed she lived in Gorse Hill.

Fortunately we have the experience of the Northern Road development and understand the technique. The whole purpose of the consultation is to get the visitor used to the idea that the development is going to happen and engage in the detail. I urge all defenders of Urban Green Open Space to keep the prime objective in mind at all times.
No development of any kind on Swindon historic green corridors.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 10:01:29 AM »
It isn't unheard of for free people's democratic societies to bus in supporters.
Russia bussed coal miners in to Moscow, to support that really nice man Vladimir Putin, the Chinese bussed in some baffled citizens to cheer on people running around inside a walled building wearing only shorts and vests and that other bastion of freedom, North Korea has a regular turnout of cheering and or weeping citizens every time a dear leader waves to passing robots / pops his clogs.

The police being on hand as well, to restrict residents attendance, just adds that extra bit of commonality with our fellow man.
What's it all about?

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »
I also went along to this and discussed this pillaging of green space with several concerned local residents.

I was very surprised to see police at the school gates and even more surprised that they had a picture of a member of the public who was to be denied entrance on some spurious and it would appear unsupportable basis. I did ask the Hab man at the gate if there was a list of other persona non grata but he said there was just the one.

I declined his invite to come inside based on my distaste for development on publically owned green space without either the knowledge or agreement of the public.

Quite how Hab can use green credentials as their USP and then want to build on green space is attempting to pull a fast one. Philanthropists they are not.

Shabby and sinister...
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 10:43:21 AM »

When the Police turned up at 9.45 I presumed they were making a courtesy call.
Unfortunately not, they had been summoned by Haboakus to prevent a man who lives in St Mary’s Grove from entering the site. It emerges that they had been supplied with his picture by Hadoakus. All seems a bit sinister to me.

I have been an enthusiastic supporter of Neighbourhood policing since my first contact with our excellent team and we can not let this undermine NPTs
We are not going back to the eighties when corporate greed is protected by our police. The man was persuaded to accept his fate for now but I will get to the bottom of this, watch this space.

There were three petition refusals in the last half hour of the exercise. One claimed she lived in Gorse Hill.

That's shocking, totally unacceptable in a democratic society  >:(

As much as I dislike the Daily Express/Mail this story needs to be given to them as they'll lap-up this story and hopefully cause a great deal of embarrassment to both Haboakus and Wiltshire police.  After last Sunday's Express story they're probably the best bet.

Probably worth taking along a video camera for the next one just in case the police stupid enough to do this again.