Author Topic: The Pillowman - The Vic, 6th & 7th March  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Tobes

• Regents
The Pillowman - The Vic, 6th & 7th March
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:14:20 PM »
Here a review wot I wrote - and a damn fine play to go see:

TS Productions are about to embark on a second production this year, following hot on the heels of the sell-out success of their controversial production of 'A Clockwork Orange' at the Mecca last November.

For two nights (Tuesday the 6th and Wednesday the 7th of March) Swindon's Victoria Pub on Victoria Hill, Old Town, will host a production which is guaranteed to enthral and entertain. Written by Martin McDonagh, known for an acclaimed body of work including the magnificent film 'In Bruges', The Pillowman is a work of dark, twisted humour which will have you simultaneously laughing and writhing in emotional discomfort.

The central character, Katurian, a writer living in a totalitarian state, is interrogated about his gruesome and bizarre short stories and the similarities they bear to a series of child murders. Plot twists, lyrical gritty dialogue and a macabre 'Brother's Grimm' ambience will keep you on edge and guessing right to the end.

Directed by Peter Hynds, TS draw upon a rich seam of local acting talent who prove once again that highly talented amateurs can excel tackling themes and content which might put off the less imaginative or skilled.

"This is a continuation of the ethic we're evolving as a core of TS," explains Hynds, "Quality entertainment and a real theatrical experience isn't dependent upon approaching the same old plays in the same old ways: We want to keep challenging the audiences with the unexpected. If it stimulates and entertains the cast, we know its going to do the same for the audience."

"We're also excited to be bringing this play into the heart of the community by performing this at The Vic. To be allowed to do so by the writer, Martin McDonagh is a real honour and credit to all involved - not least our hosts. Producing a play like this shows that the grass-roots arts scene in Swindon is capable of tackling themes and content requiring sophistication, skill and subtlety."

Built upon the foundation of a rapidly growing reputation for providing an excellent night of entertainment, tickets are already nearly sold out.

To book you ticket, please visit www.wegottickets.com , www.seetickets.com or call The Vic direct at 01793 535713

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Tobes

• Regents
Re: The Pillowman - The Vic, 6th & 7th March
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:10:55 AM »
Aaw the first public performance of this down The Vic last night - absolutely cracking!!!

If you're free tomorrow, for goodness sake snap up a ticket!!!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'