Author Topic: Ill-served by the Administration's definition of Democracy  (Read 2696 times)

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
Ill-served by the Administration's definition of Democracy
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:26:48 PM »
Went to Council tonight. Heard many heart felt statements on what the public wants and expects and deserves. Paul Exell of Oakhurst Residents Association gave  a marvellous statement of what should be happening. It was like pearls before swine... the Cabinet are so out of touch...and they just don't realise it. 

Anyhow, If you are moved to protect precious green spaces and /or to fight for democracy in Swindon, please sign the online petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nocroftschool/

thanks from the local community and all fair minded democrats in Swindon

If there is an online petition for Pickards.. please let me know and I will circulate in our area.

The Lord helps residents who help themselves and the Lord is very supportive of residents who help each other!

It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Ill-served by the Administration's definition of Democracy
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 11:39:19 PM »
the Cabinet are so out of touch...and they just don't realise it. 

The leader and his cabinet conceitedly believe that everyone else is out of touch and wrong, and it is only they who are right. 

It would almost be funny if they weren't doing so much expensive and irreversible damage and blighting so many lives. 

Offline Muggins

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 08:25:37 AM »
Rod's column AGAIN harped on about we should all be working together even if we don't like decisions, we should take them on the chin and help make them work. 

It struck me that he should be taking his own advice: Just because HE doesn't like our honestly announced intentions to fight his decisions, does not mean WE are wrong.

It's OUR money Rod.  It's OUR town.  And most of us DID NOT elect you.

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:19:53 AM »
Rod's column AGAIN harped on about we should all be working together even if we don't like decisions, we should take them on the chin and help make them work. 

It struck me that he should be taking his own advice: Just because HE doesn't like our honestly announced intentions to fight his decisions, does not mean WE are wrong.

It's OUR money Rod.  It's OUR town.  And most of us DID NOT elect you.

I'd be very grateful if someone could send me a scan of his latest lecture. 

It occurs to me that: A) They should be recorded for posterity and (future hilarity), and B), I forgot Rod's weekly lecture was being published yesterday and didn't buy an Adver.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 01:55:46 PM »
I forgot Rod's weekly lecture was being published yesterday and did buy an Adver.

Fixed that.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Rochelle

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:29:41 PM »
I haven't read it properly (life's too short) but we were treated to the live performance last night ( why am I now singing that Shania Twain song in my head?)
Have you noticed how Cllr Bluh and Mr McCloud adopt scarily twin-like man of vision staring into the sky looks for photographs? Forget Blue Steel or Magnum, I call it the "Noble Dog" pose.
My actual hound does a nice line in them, wouldn't want him in charge of anything either. He's none too bright.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
Didn't notice that, but on this mornings broadcast about Union jobs, with Rod, Andy H and Jim, (out of which I have to say Andy came out the 'winner').  Rods, uff tuts could clearely be heard above the furore.

Heard today:  A worker asked one of SBC Copunnilrs, what they stood for, who they served and had the answer Swindon first, ward/community second and individual electorate 3rd.

I hope I've got that right - definitely in the right order, maybe the last one might have been slightly different - discuss?

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 11:14:27 PM »
I'd be very grateful if someone could send me a scan of his latest lecture. 

It occurs to me that: A) They should be recorded for posterity and (future hilarity), and B), I forgot Rod's weekly lecture was being published yesterday and didn't buy an Adver.

Geoff if a copy is not forthcoming you can still buy a copy of the relevant adver at their offices up to a week or ten days after publication.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »
Heard today:  A worker asked one of SBC Copunnilrs, what they stood for, who they served and had the answer Swindon first, ward/community second and individual electorate 3rd.

I hope I've got that right - definitely in the right order, maybe the last one might have been slightly different - discuss?

I think that was said in that order at Council on Thursday night, but by then my attention was starting to stray under the continuous barrage of bo"""""s that was emanating from the front benches.

No wonder they do not want to record proceedings because if the people of Swindon realized what they were doing in their name there would be a riot!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group