Author Topic: Stop the attack on UNISON  (Read 7111 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: Stop the attack on UNISON
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 11:52:02 AM »
This decision of the Council is politically motivated. It's got nothing to do with the financial situation of the Council. After all if they could give a toss about the finances they would not have carried out their little 'entrepreneurial' experiment with WiFi, would they?

Don't forget the forthcoming 'School in a Box' enterprise Martin, which will put the Wi-fi experience in the shade and begs the question should council's risk public money on speculative commercial ventures?

I say definately not!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
Re: Stop the attack on UNISON
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was not SBC until quite recently considered a  'sick' council, i.e. the staff were dispirited and off sick, with loads of people not turning up for work?  I doubt that's changed very little

Muggins - if it hasn't changed much over the years then maybe that's justification for not having the people in place.

Des, we are talking about ONE post, a job share between two people. They are employees of the Council, on full-time release from their substantive posts. Should they step down from their role they would go back to their substantive jobs. Frankly this is a very low level of release compared to many other Councils. I know for  a fact these people do more work than they are paid for. It's no cosy little sinecure.

Thanks Martin, I knew i would get a good answer from you