Author Topic: Fact:  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Weebleman

Fact:
« on: February 14, 2012, 09:02:43 AM »
For the second time in as many weeks I have been subjected to a letter from our Leader in the Adver where every sentence is preceeded by the word "Fact:".
Quite frankly I object to being talked down to in this patronising and condecending style.

So, I think it's about time we had our own thread on here entitled "Facts:". Please keep the entries in this thread to a single paragraph preceeded by "Fact:" and at the end of the week perhaps we could form our own TS letter to the Editor.

I'll start the ball rolling.

FACT: Talking in a patronising way to people who have a say as to whether or not they want you to continue to represent them is NOT to your advantage.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Fact:
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 11:20:15 PM »

I reckon TS members could list several hundred embarrassing FACTS about Cllr Bluh & his colleagues, but here's a quicky.....

Fact:

• Cllr Rod Bluh & his chums went out of their way to arrange a loan facility for Digital City (UK) Ltd under which £450,000 of tax payers money would be lent to a newly formed off-the-shelf company which was started and run by a friend of theirs, Rikki Hunt.

• A credit reference agency advised Swindon Borough Council to limit credit advanced to Digital City (UK) Ltd to just £500.

• Cllr Bluh, et al, ignored fact 2 and arranged a credit facility worth 900 times more than the recommended £500 credit limit.

• In spite of cogent and vocal attempts to dissuade them from doing so, Bluh & Co advanced £400,000 to Digital City (UK) Ltd, The money has not been repaid, Rikki Hunt resigned his directorship of the Company and declared himself bankrupt.

• Garry Perkins, Deputy Leader of Swindon Borough Council, remains a director of the company but has yet to file the (very overdue) accounts or explain how he intends to repay taxpayers money.