Author Topic: Live Music Bill  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Steve Wakefield

Live Music Bill
« on: January 20, 2012, 06:22:44 PM »
No daylight saving, but Bob encouraged by pasage of Live Music Bill: 

Judging by the tweets in respect of the passage of this Bill MPs have probably patted themselves on the back over supporting this Bill and fair play to them. Of course everyone wants to encourage new talent and increase local music venues,  that can only be good for any town and community. However this legislation may have an unintended consequence as the Live Music Bill enables unamplified music to be played anywhere between 8am and 11pm without a license, ending the situation where the playing of a piano in a street could be subject to fines. Where there are up to 200 people present in a pub or restaurant, or in workplaces such as a hospital or school, live music can also be performed between 8am and 11pm without a licence under the Act.

There are pubs in Swindon that are converted houses and their bar is a former living room, adjoining neighbouring living rooms. I think Robert may find his enthusiasm is not shared by some of the neighbours in these areas. Pubs in terraces may present a problem that has to be dealt with under other legislation.

I do hope that as a councillor the passage of this Bill will enable and encourage more musical talent, whilst not leading to extra work for noise enforcement officers. Who knows we may even see a revival of  Lancashire folk singing and clog dancing? 

All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: Live Music Bill
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 06:42:12 PM »
Who knows we may even see a revival of  Lancashire folk singing and clog dancing? [/i

No problem with that as long as it stays in Lancashire.

That's in the Democratic Republic of Scotland isn't it?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »
Who knows we may even see a revival of  Lancashire folk singing and clog dancing?

No problem with that as long as it stays in Lancashire.

That's in the Democratic Republic of Scotland isn't it?

Mart
;D Very colourful answer, but sadly no its not Lancashire is a Palantine  :wink:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 07:24:27 PM »
Ah, the Middle East.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 09:23:23 AM »
That would be belly dancing instead then, but that's nice and quiet, just the tinkling of a few bells.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »
I'm thinking of a Morris Dancing - Belly Dancing fusion now.

Not sure it's a good thing.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 02:59:53 PM »
That would be the jingling of bells and scuff of pigs bladders then - no, no that would never do.

Isn't belly dancing the chink of coins rubbing rather than bells?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)