Author Topic: Off topic 2012 01 07  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
Off topic 2012 01 07
« on: January 05, 2012, 08:04:18 PM »
How much can I get a new Honda Civic for?

Offline gas mask

• Hello !
Re: Off topic 2012 01 07
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:16:19 PM »
Dont buy one  :banana: :banana: :banana: :bash:

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:17:51 PM »
Dont buy one  :banana: :banana: :banana: :bash:

Why not gas mask?

Offline gas mask

• Hello !
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:07 PM »
 :-* :-* :banana:if your 80 then buy one, they always b :spin :coffee: :bottom: :surrender:: :bottom: :coff :surrender: :fish: :banana: :banana:ee:reak down O0 O0 :fence:

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 08:24:32 PM »
 I thought that they were reliable! What car do you drive?
 :WTF:

Offline gas mask

• Hello !
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
Everyone will think you work at Honda, too many in swindon the council should do something about it

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »
Fair comment GM..........

That rules out a mini or BMW too then, everyone will think I'm some kind of factory worker!!
 :agreed:

Offline gas mask

• Hello !
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
Creepypasta is the completed song and towards a more experimental/drone direction.

Lycotrope is a slab of riffs in vain of The Faceless and The Black Dahlia Murder and requires completion.

Melo_Death_Flameco is self-explanatory. Again, not completed.

And FBTMOF_stylie is very much a funky mix of Fear Before (formerly Fear Before The March of Flames), Sublime, and Stump.
I'm not sure if this one is complete. I can't tell you at the moment.

Most of my posts include the link for Tuxguitar, which you will need to view these pieces.
I guess I'll add it again.
There is no way that HONDA would threaten to leave Swindon because they did not get permission for their turbines. You can be absolutely certain however that HONDA having taken the decision to seek to be energy neutral will follow that objective where ever it takes them and if that means somewhere other than in Swindon that’s what will happen in the fullness of time. They will not complain or appeal, they will just do it.

Remember when BMW bought Rover from Vickers quietly and without involving Honda?  The BMW directors went all the way to Japan in the belief they could continue the co operation deal struck with Rover to be ever so politely ignored.  As Des says they do what they do quietly and the first you know about any changes in their involvement in Swindon is when they do them.

So beware Rod, don't make any loss of Honda your real legacy and

did I hear that just before the election last year that Anne Snelgrove, quietly and without fanfare, negotiated a further deal with Honda to guarantee their future here for the next few years at least?
Yeah, but the possibility might be more remoterer if Rodders kept his oar out.

Wonder what Rodders is Swindon's most biggerest?

Mind you, 'spect The Rikkster could teach them a thing or two about, well, everything, he certainly inscrutable, or do I mean slippery? Mebbe's he could give them a few tips to help their fledgling business realise it's true potential, a revolutionary engine that relies on internal combustion maybe.........

Honda could buy and sell what's left of Swindon several times over, maybe literally, like to see someone who can tread that line between obseqious and dignified a bit more adeptly being responsible for utterances with an audience of more than one.

Give them their turbines, just don't let them turn them on. They'll produce as much electric as a real one then.

Do Honda make turbines but not solar panels?

Mind you, 'spect The Rikkster could teach them a thing or two about, well, everything, he certainly inscrutable, or do I mean slippery? Mebbe's he could give them a few tips to help their fledgling business realise it's true potential, a revolutionary engine that relies on internal combustion maybe.........

Honda could buy and sell what's left of Swindon several times over, maybe literally, like to see someone who can tread that line between obseqious and dignified a bit more adeptly being responsible for utterances with an audience of more than one.

Give them their turbines, just don't let them turn them on. They'll produce as much electric as a real one then.

Food for thought
About 10 years ago HONDA decided that two stroke engines were dirty and bad for the environment and the company stopped making two stroke engines. No great fanfare or whinging, they just did it.
That was not a particulary good commercial decision at the time, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha filled the gap. Now they are all on the HONDA agenda.
There is no way that HONDA would threaten to leave Swindon because they did not get permission for their turbines. You can be absolutely certain however that HONDA having taken the decision to seek to be energy neutral will follow that objective where ever it takes them and if that means somewhere other than in Swindon that’s what will happen in the fullness of time. They will not complain or appeal, they will just do it.

BBC Wiltshire 16.12  Tuesday 26/07/2011

Radio interview with Rodders re the Honda wind turbine debacle....

" yeah...well let's not forget that Honda is the MOST BIGGEST (?) employer in this area "

Proof positive that you can put a bow tie on a warthog...but it's still a warthog in the final analysis !

OK Rodders  3/10   see Annie after school !

I thought that they were reliable! What car do you drive?
 :WTF:

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »
 :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF:

Offline gas mask

• Hello !
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 08:48:57 PM »
channel 911  :wink:now smithedon all the info you need

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 08:50:53 PM »
Channel 911???

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »
Mike, keep your head down and your arse up and you'll go all the way, kid!!
 :'( :police:

Offline gas mask

• Hello !
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 10:04:42 PM »
As long as jesters snooker club stays open, if that shut oh my oh my please god dont do it

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »
Don't think he would do that Muggins to be fair but people in Walcot do not seem to know where any of the money generated in the shop does go any more than they know when they hold their AGM's.  Funny that because it is supposed to be their COMMUNITY SHOP.

If he is in OldTown will he have time for running a Walcot community shop? Will Walcot councillors welcome another councillor in their ward running a community shop? :popcorn:

Bring back Mission.....Sunday nights 99p a drink! Now THAT is a policy to get you votes!!!
 :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »
Old Mill Lane is Old Town so why doesn't Bawden stand in Old Town??

I would lay money on Coun Bawden having being 'asked' to make way for the Leader. 

Coun Bluh obviously thinks the Old town seat to be a safer bet - one can but hope!

If he does get in what are the chances of bringing back Sunday nights at Mission, 99p a drink?..
 :bottom: :bottom: :bottom: :bottom:

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »
 :bash:

A minute in Swindon is like an hour in hell!
 :argh: :argh: :argh: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

Administrator Comment irrelevant/off topic posting moved to 101 from http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?topic=8210.0
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:05:40 PM by Dougal »

Offline Smithedon

• Hello !
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 10:50:08 PM »
Old Mill Lane is Old Town so why doesn't Bawden stand in Old Town??

I would lay money on Coun Bawden having being 'asked' to make way for the Leader. 

Coun Bluh obviously thinks the Old town seat to be a safer bet - one can but hope!

How much would you lay on it? Rod Bluh's judgement is something I wouln't put any reliance on. He said wifi loan would be paid back is only one example that comes to mind.

Ahem, can we tackle the real issue here? MISSION NEEDS TO REOPEN.,,,,,,,,,,,
 :wakeup: :wakeup: :argh: :argh: :fish: :fish: :fish: