Author Topic: politics now has sunk even lower, thanks to Labour...  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: politics now has sunk even lower, thanks to Labour...
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 08:40:38 AM »
Muggins
As ever good points, however it's all in the "mix" of "robust political debate" and as politicans are drawn from society they reflect the society they are drawn from. I believe let the politican who behaves cast the first stone, if that is the case then we would all be safe to meet in a glass chamber!

Politics is emotive, it's passionate, and an individuals exhuberance, enthusiasm  are often dulled by frustration, tinged with anger. I try to inject a bit of humour or satire to take the tension out of it, but in an interview situation it is down to the interviewer to balance that interview. Ask Des Morgan, or Bob Wright.  :wink:

Radio is the theatre of the mind and as we all know relying on your ears to paint a picture can have some interesting results! Following a sporting event on the wireless has an excitement all of its own or for that matter a play, don't you think?

Did people pushing or aged around 60 ish listen to more wireless as they grew up than younger generations do now? I still  listen to a lot of programmes on the wireless and enjoy it.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Muggins

Re: politics now has sunk even lower, thanks to Labour...
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 08:48:58 AM »
I listen, well have the raido on! whilst here with the PC, I usually listen to BBC Wiltshire - not so good now it's not just Swindon again, but early mornrings are good for the newsy stuff.  I usually remember to turn over to 105.5fm and listen to Bob and Des on Mondays, and I shall try to catch the Penhill programme when it goes on.

As I've seen most of the politicians in action 'live' I can imagine them when being interviewed. 
Of course, bluster and bad tempere comews over loud and clear without that mental picture. 

Do they get 'dealing with the media' and 'presentation' training?  But it doesn't really matter, if they did, it might train out some of the things that make those interviews very telling.   
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)