Author Topic: Is there anyone competent at Swindon Council?  (Read 1763 times)

ph1lc

Is there anyone competent at Swindon Council?
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:38:17 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-15533814

Offline Muggins

Re: Is there anyone competent at Swindon Council?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:43:13 AM »
"The council has 26,000 street lights, which costs about £600,000 a year in electricity bills.

In August, 44 of the 433 lights that were turned off were switched back on to improve safety."

Come on then you mathmeticians - exactly how much is being saved?

433 out of 26,000??  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline DarkAuror

• Hello !
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 11:29:28 AM »
I was waiting for a car parking bus at Bristol Airport and some mentioned about how a lot of councils have switched off lights to save energy if it was deemed that it was safe to do so.

He said it just needed a few people  to query the speed limits of these roads to see if they should be increased. His argument was if the lights were there for safety then a suitable speed limit was imposed due to the lights. Then if the lights have been switched off where safety is not an issue then surely the limit is incorrect for the stretch of road. He said it should have a speed limit similar to roads that have no lights.

It did make me think but I would assume that councils will use the argument that as the lights are there, even though they are not on, the current speed limit will apply.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »
You Know it makes sense!!  :crazy2:

Well forget Prudence only the Tories know how to spend our money.

or was that waste it?

- Brunel television screen that no one watches Le Pissoir that pisses, A twisted Phallus next door to the burger van, is that significant?, the new but now heavily stained paving slabs complete with lights, The Tabernacle Stones yet to be erected unlike the Burger Van Phallus, The costly kink in the Pavement outside Wiltshire Court, The Station pavement redevelopment, is that really necessary and last but not least the Wi-fi that never was.

Come on I am sure there are more?

Yes it all makes sense!  :crazy2:
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Got Signal

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »
Yes there is, Rod Bluh is competent, Garry Perkins is Competent, Peter GreenHalgh is  Competent, Fin Foley is Competent, Brian Mattack is Competent, Russell Holland is competent, Mark Edwards is Competent David Renard is Competent, Keith Williams is Competent, Nick Martin is competent and that is just the cabinet for starters, before I even start on Mike Bawden, Vera Tomlinson yawn... etc.

As you can see I have answered that subjective question for you have I not? 

Offline Richard Beale

• Hello !
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 09:12:51 PM »
You Know it makes sense!!  :crazy2:

Well forget Prudence only the Tories know how to spend our money.

or was that waste it?

- Brunel television screen that no one watches Le Pissoir that pisses, A twisted Phallus next door to the burger van, is that significant?, the new but now heavily stained paving slabs complete with lights, The Tabernacle Stones yet to be erected unlike the Burger Van Phallus, The costly kink in the Pavement outside Wiltshire Court, The Station pavement redevelopment, is that really necessary and last but not least the Wi-fi that never was.

Come on I am sure there are more?

Yes it all makes sense!  :crazy2:

Yep a £130,000 , match box sized park druggies walk in centre that, shouldn't have cost more than £40,000 that can be put in a pocket when not needed and taken away...

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 11:54:25 PM »
Yes there is, Rod Bluh is competent, Garry Perkins is Competent, Peter GreenHalgh is  Competent, Fin Foley is Competent, Brian Mattack is Competent, Russell Holland is competent, Mark Edwards is Competent David Renard is Competent, Keith Williams is Competent, Nick Martin is competent and that is just the cabinet for starters, before I even start on Mike Bawden, Vera Tomlinson yawn... etc.

As you can see I have answered that subjective question for you have I not?

No!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
I'll apply for a job if you want.

I'm continent compenet conitent   able
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.