Author Topic: No Trick or Treat poster  (Read 8280 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: No Trick or Treat poster
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 09:08:37 AM »
Novemeber 3rd:  Fireworks really bad last night, I know Haydonleigh School were having and event and I could hear that, but as background noise to what I think must have been in the garden of an Abbey Meads resident, it went on so long and so near, that earmuffs would not have helped as it was rattling the windows.  It went on for so long that I did get up and go out to see where it was.  The rockets were breaking on a level with my eye -i.e. I didn't have to look up.

I suppose I can stop worrying about wildlife now, because anything that would have died of fright already has by now.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2011, 09:56:35 AM »
The Russians must be getting close now!!!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2011, 12:04:28 AM »
Thought I'd put up a few pics from a firework display I went to on Saturday. They're not brilliant (you can see that I wasn't holding the camera too steadily) but a few people seem to like them.

These were taken at the polo ground off Malborough Road.

Fireworks don't need to be loud, in my humble opinion. But they should be visually beautiful for me to enjoy them, and these ones were  :)
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Muggins

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2011, 08:37:47 AM »
It's been unusually and mercifully quiet sinc ethe weekend, but wonder what this weekend will bring, I see the local shop is selling fireworks 60% off.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
My missus bought a box of indoor fireworks.

Dear God.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2011, 08:08:22 AM »
We don't have to buy anything in to have a good show of them in our house, Mart.

I spoke too soon - more fireworks last evening.