Poll

I would like my bin emptied In Swindon

Author Topic: When Should General Houshold Waste In Swindon Be Collected?  (Read 11552 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: When Should General Houshold Waste In Swindon Be Collected?
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »
They still have to sort the rubbish in Bedford Richard. Unless they containerise it and send it to the the third world.

Probably containerised it and sent it to Swindon then !

What to fill another Bluh hole in the budget!!  :santa_grin: :santa_grin:
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Mr Bojangles

• He said I dance now at every chance in honky tonks
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 11:10:35 AM »
The Hills site at Purton is managed by Hills on behalf of Wiltshire Council. If I was a Wiltshire Council tax payer I wouldn't be happy about paying disposal cost for waste and recycling dumped by Swindon residents. However I guess that Rod is delighted that some of you are using it!

Hills would be quite within their rights to ask for proof of residency within Wiltshire Council before allowing anyone on the site.

Got Signal

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 11:53:33 AM »
Yes I agree Mr BJ and if I were a a Swindon council tax payer that subsidises the Wyvern and sports facilities etc I may not be happy about Wilts. Oxen or  or Berkshire residents using them. Perhaps Swindon should also ask for proof of residency? However I guess Jane is delighted that some of the people from Wilts are using it!

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
The Hills site at Purton is managed by Hills on behalf of Wiltshire Council. If I was a Wiltshire Council tax payer I wouldn't be happy about paying disposal cost for waste and recycling dumped by Swindon residents. However I guess that Rod is delighted that some of you are using it!

Hills would be quite within their rights to ask for proof of residency within Wiltshire Council before allowing anyone on the site.

My father was telling me that his local refuse site has started checking for proof of residency (they previously got a lot of stuff dumped by people from the Irish Republic, but the principle is similar)...

On the other hand, I know that a lot of people at work drop stuff at the Swindon tip at lunchtime (so we get Wiltshire rubbish here as well  :santa_wink:

Moley

Moley

Got Signal

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »
Another point if Hills sell the recycled waste then will they split that off and return it to Swindon? Also will they deduct that off their tonnage? Whilst we are at it what about all the Swindon children that attend schools in North Wilts, Oxon and Gloucestershire?

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 12:20:45 PM »
That's not a very allinthistogether view is it now?

The cure is to create the conditions that make waste a coveted raw material, like chip fat is for diesel motors, until then I can see that a parochial view has some merit.

My garage is heaving as I imagine many are after the happy holidays, wonder if the tip is geared up for it?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 01:29:54 PM »
Well there you go then, when I made the comment about people from Swindon using Purton the numbers to which I was refering was % of waste recycled - not who paid for it!

I'm not going to complain about Purton people dumping in Swindon (so long as it's at the tip) I must be related to half the village.

p.s. are not our leisure services covered by a gold card and does that not apply only to those who live here?

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

ph1lc

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 01:36:18 PM »
Mart
You are correct about making waste a coveted material. It is starting to become so.

Where I work we have implemented a recycling policy - a year ago it was costing £1000 a month minimum to dispose of waste. Now we get £1200 a month for what is saleable, and pay just £250 for the rest.