Author Topic: "Lame" excuse ?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline boothill

"Lame" excuse ?
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:47:56 AM »
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9220881.Dealer_says____I___ve_got_a_bad_back___/

Apparently Judge Ambrose considers this to be a loada twaddle too, but doesn't the plank realise that if he 'fesses up and goes to HM Holiday camp, then he could will get treatment for this "complaint" far faster than I and many other sufferers could via the NHS ?

Old people believe everything...middle aged people suspect everything...young people know everything    3 2 1 back in the room !

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: "Lame" excuse ?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 02:58:13 PM »
8 months meself, bad back, not prison sentence.

Consultant next month, fingers crossed. Even that hurts.

I was well unhappy at the riots, I couldn't carry nuffink.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 04:10:55 PM »
Anything we can do to hurry this along Mart?  Can't stand much more of you being so grumpy.......isn't it amazing that pain even comes through in the writing?

Would that Pea Pod wine clean the decking? 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 05:01:32 PM »
I'm baring my pain here. Very cathartic.

I'm getting acupuncture, which is nice while the needles are in, and they've lent me a Tens machine, which I continue to abuse cos I'm a bit silly. Makes your leg go to a disco without you, bit like a monoped Riverdance.

Physiotherapist says she ain't going to get the discs back in, I've got a big bulge apparently. (F'nar) She's just going to try and tide me over, she actually marched (Well, she marched, I sort of lurched in a jaunty fashion) off to Orthapaedics to advance my appointment, they offered October or November, the one I have is September. This year mind.

I've lost just over half a stone in the last couple of months, and I'm sat on me butt most of time, still, I was quite stocky for my height, which is about 5ft 3 at the moment. Does accentuate my chiselled features though. Clinically I am probably still a bloater.

I am seriously considering going sick for the first time this decade cos the old decision making gets a bit wibbly wobbly. I think those nice messrs Bluh and Perkins are in considerable pain.

Then you look around, see what other people are dealing with, and feel a bit of a berk, hunker down and grind on. Stoic, with some phlegm thrown in. (That'll be the roll ups).

I'm hoping that I am a bit more appreciating of basic stuff when I'm fixed. However, given my damaged character.......

Whining over, normal service is now restored.

Wifi, what a sack of shite that is.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
You forgot to mention "the bins" Mart.
What's it all about?

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »
Devolved to the young master.

They'd bloody gone by the time I wheeled it out. Wouldn't mind but they collect Monday and I left on Saturday.

The combination of devolvement to the young master (who appeared to have forged his exam results) and the biannual refuse collections do not a happy combination make.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:01:25 PM »
"She's just going to try and tide me over"

Tide you over for what or when -til you box is ready???

Daughter is going thorugh much the same but for her elbow, she's had the tablets, physio, acupunture, she's been referred back to the doc, and had a 2 minute appoinment with him this morning to be ok'd for one fo those injections.  We couldn't figure out that if they knew that was the next move, why they didn't just invite for the jab. Now has to wait another three weeks for that.

Personally I don't go unless I'm desperate - whatever I have it's always down to one of two things - my weight or my age. 

It's like thin people never get anything wrong with them.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)