Author Topic: Where is the Wifi Rescue Package?  (Read 10075 times)

Got Signal

Where is the Wifi Rescue Package?
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »
Is it being cast in stone and that is why it is taking so long as getting blood from a stone takes a lot of chiselling?  :fish:

Offline moley

• Hello !
Re: Where is the Wifi Rescue Package?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 09:59:47 PM »
The express speed of our wi-fi rescue deal reminded me of this story from last year:

http://www.michaelsinsight.com/2009/09/carrier-pigeon-beats-dsl-in-south-africa.html

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:34:14 PM »
I think everyone can expect to be enlightened at the next Cabinet meeting - I feel sure a deal of sorts will be presented and Coun Bluh will assure the assembled host that 'it is in the best interests of the town' - sadly he will not be able to use the same words with which he extolled the origional proposal.

Let's see the detail before we start to ask questions  >:D

Got Signal

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »
I think everyone can expect to be enlightened at the next Cabinet meeting - I feel sure a deal of sorts will be presented and Coun Bluh will assure the assembled host that 'it is in the best interests of the town' - sadly he will not be able to use the same words with which he extolled the origional proposal.

Thanks for posting this Des, as for detail when has that mattered? Have you had all your questions answered from Wifi Episode one yet?

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 10:52:26 PM »

Des, who is the other private investor in the wifi project that Gary Perkins was on about but did not name quite a while back?  So say a well known telecommunications company?

Has it gone quiet/was I dreaming it/ or has their been a set back?

Wouldn't it just be easier if it was knocked on the head?
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 11:04:08 PM »

Des, who is the other private investor in the wifi project that Gary Perkins was on about but did not name quite a while back?  So say a well known telecommunications company?

Has it gone quiet/was I dreaming it/ or has their been a set back?

Wouldn't it just be easier if it was knocked on the head?

Perhaps it's the chap who runs the mobile phone stall in town  :smiley6600:

Got Signal

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 11:20:59 PM »
Possibly as  he has moved up in the world and now has a shop.

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
Re: Where is the Wifi Rescue Package? And so it came to pass...
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 11:25:41 PM »
How do you rescue this?

See attachment...
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 11:36:07 PM »
Surely good cause Chris, would be that it was set up with public money for which there needs to be some form of accounting?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 11:57:42 PM »
Even while we talk on TS events are unfolding. Chief amongst them is the fact that Digital City UK limited - the very company heralded as the perfect vehicle to make Swindon the most 'connected' town in the UK - is heading for oblivion.

To understand the psyche of our councillors and i have to say, our Council executive one should think on this - why keep secret the fact that an application has been made to dissolve Digital City UK Limited and have it removed from the register of companies.

How this seeming demise of Digital City UK Limited squares with Coun Perkins statement that 'new investment is coming to Digital City' is very difficult to reconcile.

In truth, it is getting to the point where it is difficult to believe anything Coun Perkins says on the matter of the company of which he is a director

Got Signal

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 07:38:51 AM »
Even while we talk on TS events are unfolding. Chief amongst them is the fact that Digital City UK limited - the very company heralded as the perfect vehicle to make Swindon the most 'connected' town in the UK - is heading for oblivion.

To understand the psyche of our councillors and i have to say, our Council executive one should think on this - why keep secret the fact that an application has been made to dissolve Digital City UK Limited and have it removed from the register of companies.

How this seeming demise of Digital City UK Limited squares with Coun Perkins statement that 'new investment is coming to Digital City' is very difficult to reconcile.

In truth, it is getting to the point where it is difficult to believe anything Coun Perkins says on the matter of the company of which he is a director

They had to keep it secret due to "commercial sensitivity" and to possibly save  Cllr Russell Holland from answering question on here about it? Also to hide the fact that the people of Swindon will not get the 400K back in October as promised at the launch of this crackpot scheme.

Offline poemogram

• Hello !
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 07:41:33 AM »

How do you rescue this?

See attachment...

digital city gaz.pdf (21.44 kB - downloaded 7 times.)

Excellent and useful and timely research and sharing Chris - thanks - technology and internet and your time used to best effect methinks

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: Where is the Wifi Rescue Package? And so it came to pass...
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 08:04:13 AM »
How do you rescue this?

See attachment...

Cllr Bob Wright asked Questions about recovering the loan from DC at the last Council meeting. He has a meeting tomorrow about it as he did not get his answer at the council meeting.

This action by Cllr Perkins to strike off the company. Is I believe almost certainly likely  to   have made Cllr Wright's questions redundant about recovering the loan from the company?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 08:21:12 AM »

Des

I do apologise, but I answered this on another thread  ::)

Des

Don't tempt me  >:D Will there be an announcement from the Director of the company claiming he knew nothing about the application for strike off?  ;D

All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

ph1lc

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 08:38:12 AM »
The application to dissolve did not come from DC. The letter is a standard one sent by companies house to Companies who are 3 months late filing accounts.

Perkinator will have had one  - sent to the address Companies house hold for him on thier register of directors.

Got Signal

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 08:44:33 AM »
The application to dissolve did not come from DC. The letter is a standard one sent by companies house to Companies who are 3 months late filing accounts.

Perkinator will have had one  - sent to the address Companies house hold for him on thier register of directors.

Thanks for that information I am more confused than ever as the accounts are late the money has not been collected and apart from Councillor Jim
Grant the council appears happy to go along with this venture into the world of business.

I may stand corrected, but didn't concillor Rod Bluh once say in the adver this was the way to business? It said something like council's had to do business to raise money to pay for services?

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 08:49:01 AM »
The application to dissolve did not come from DC. The letter is a standard one sent by companies house to Companies who are 3 months late filing accounts

Very true - but given DC is late filing accounts (not that they can be that difficult to complete) the threat is very real.

Mr Perkins has been a director since March 2010 which would suggest that he should have access to all the financial records enabling the accounts to be completed.

As for the notice itself,  I hope someone is removing the post from the 'empty' office at the DMJ

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 09:11:29 AM »
GS

I think you have that in the ball park, I recall this being said at a meeting I attended

Coun Bluh responded: “This is a commercial decision, in the new world in which we all live more and more commercial decisions will be made.

“An opportunity was put to us, and we were asked if we wanted to invest.

“As a result a whole set of meetings took place and we spent a huge amount of time on this.

“Had we not done it the way we did, the deal would not have gone through. We don’t do anything without considering the implications.

“But we would not have done this had it not been in accordance with council policy.”

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »
Okey dokey, because this is a section 1000 action in striking off DC, it looks like the process has been initiated by the registrar:

Quote from: Companies House

1. Can the registrar strike a company off the register on his own initiative?

Yes, if it is neither carrying on business nor in operation. The registrar may take this view if, for example:

he has not received documents from a company that should have sent them to him; or
mail that the registrar has sent to a company's registered office is returned undelivered; or
the company has no directors.
Before striking a company off the register, the registrar is required to write two formal letters and send notice to the company’s registered office to inquire whether it is still carrying on business or in operation. If he is satisfied that it is not, he will publish a notice in the relevant Gazette stating his intention to strike the company off the register unless he is shown reason not to do so.

A copy of the notice will be placed on the company's public record. If the registrar sees no reason to do otherwise, he will strike off the company not less than three months after the date of the notice. The company will be dissolved on publication of a further notice stating this in the relevant Gazette.  Further information about the Gazette can be found in chapter 1, question 8.

2. How can I avoid this action?

If you want your company to remain on the register, you must reply promptly to any formal inquiry letter from the registrar and deliver any outstanding documents. Failure to deliver the necessary documents may also result in the directors being prosecuted.

3. Can I object?

The registrar will take into account representations from the company and other interested parties, for example, creditors. If there is good reason not to strike the company off the register, he may suspend the action until the objection is resolved.

4. What happens to the assets of a dissolved company?

From the date of dissolution, any assets of a dissolved company will be 'bona vacantia'. Bona vacantia literally means “vacant goods” and is the technical name for property that passes to the Crown because it does not have a legal owner. The company’s bank account will be frozen and any credit balance in the account will be passed to the Crown.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gp4.shtml
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline swindoncentric

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 03:06:07 PM »
Blogged here : http://swindoncentric.blogspot.com/2011/08/wi-failed-death-of-digital-city.html

And the week's not over yet! What'll happen tomorrow?