Author Topic: Swindon Mela 2011  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
Swindon Mela 2011
« on: July 28, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
http://www.swindonmela.com/mela/

Is anyone going to the Mela this Saturday (30th) ?

I will be there with my camera  >:D

I do enjoy the Mela I must say.

See you there if you are going  :wink:

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Bobby Bingo

Re: Swindon Mela 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 11:47:28 AM »
I am attending an "Italian Festival" at the County Ground. Come on you reds!!
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 02:06:21 PM »
Much as I would love to go just once, I don't think it will be this year!

Too far from the bus stop.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
Aw Muggins.
If I'd realised, you could have had a lift with me & mrs ICDT.

Unfortunately I got into a trolling contest with 20, on the Adver site, over this very topic. Then I unplugged the computer for a few days.

It was very pleasant. It didn't seem quite as crowded as  previous years.

We spent a small fortune on wind mobile thingys.
Christmas shopping started early
Proud to be gone

Offline Muggins

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 07:56:39 AM »
Thanks ICDT, I might have taken you up on that, I had a bit of energy left Saturday afternoon after a morning in the Orchard. 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline bobwright

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 08:30:38 AM »
I thought this years MELA was the best organised yet however my missus was a bit miffed that there was no shoe stand this year.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 12:43:13 PM »
I went to the Mela with various family members and our Spanish friend's 10 year old son. We enjoyed it very much and met some nice people. Although the choice of where to eat was difficult, we did manage to taste some fantastic food. The joy on the face of our friends son as he ate a fresh hot naan bread, after watching it being prepared and then cooked in a tandour, was quite a sight.

Well done the Mela Committee.
What's it all about?

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
Outoftowner.
Where did you source your Lindyhopper/tapdancer?
Proud to be gone

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 01:23:56 PM »
Er, Well ICDT.

I could claim that it is in fact me, fully fueled on 5 pints of scrumpy, doing the dancing, filmed by Mrs Outoftowner in front of our local charabang but I somehow suspect that everyone on TS (except a few un-named notables) can spot an outright lie when they see it!

I got the "dancing old git" several years ago to use elsewhere and cannot now remember where. I searched the net until I found something that "suited" me. Sorry.
What's it all about?

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
I thought this years MELA was the best organised yet however my missus was a bit miffed that there was no shoe stand this year.

Yes I didnt see the shoe stand either.
What I have noticed though is that I knew my way round as each of the stalls are in the same place that they were in the year before  :)

I did visit the health zone and went to the herbal life stall to have my BMI checked.
It was as I suspected so no shock there ! ( I am just short and compact - if I was 6ft I would be a size 10)

The woman tried to convince me to go to the herbal life center and look at the range of products they do . I said no thank you , I have already stocked up on oil of evening primrose - to lighten my mood and some fat busting herbal things from Holland and Barret.

My grandson enjoyed running round inside a big plastic ball like a hamster on water (Aqua-zorbing).

I did make my way over to the cake - very moist with flavours such as cardamom and pistachio . I then made my way down to the bowl. The music was good, Its hard to keep still whilst listening to it.

It was a lovely day out and the weather was good.
I dont think there was as many people there as last year, but a good day all the same  :wink:

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Alex

• Alex Coppock-Bunce Hypnotherapy & Counselling
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »
Very enjoyable day! Nice to bump into Geoff briefly, that's the only place we tend to meet. We could make it the TS AGM!

Loved the health zone and the sari tying, and sitar playing demo.

Brilliant colours and music, scents and the town gardens themselves were a riot of colours too which made the whole atmosphere fabulous.

Mr Bluh was spotted wandering around enjoying the atmosphere.

By 4 is was less crowded and it seemed to finish from what I could hear back home at around 6. Great event as always. Well done to everyone involved.

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »
One of my workmates got asked to try out those floating balls.
he's built like the honey monster.
He'd have ended up running along the bottom of the pool, looking like he was wearing a big crash helmet  ;D
Proud to be gone