Author Topic: Honda In Swindon - Rod Bluh Scaremongering To Influence Planning Cmttee Result?  (Read 11680 times)

Ringer

How much CO2 does an incinerator pump out a day? How many miles would a Honda be able to drive before it produced as much CO2 as an incinerator does in say 48hrs? (good film)

How many tonnes of waste will an incinerator burn in 24 hrs? How much ash will be left? Do you think Cllr GREENhalgh will tell Rod what to say?  :2funny:

Offline Jodie Maggio

• Hello !
Has anyone stopped to wonder why SBC are keen to get the turbines into Honda?

Could it be that it sets a precedent for SBC to start erecting these monstrosities all over the borough.

I'd prefer turbines to an incinerator.

SBC need the incinerator because they have so much money to burn and it so much easier to throw it in a fire rather than get rid of it by hard graft like building a road to nowhere through Wichelstowe at a cost of £45M.

Can you incenerate Wi-fi????

Ringer

Dunno, but will wifi incinerate some reputations?

Offline Muggins

A bonfire of the Vanities, aye!

Seriously, are not the latest incinerators = no CO2's?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
Well yes and no, they still produce carbon monoxide. Ill put up a decent post when I get on my pc in the next 24 hrs
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
Sorry muggins I ran out of time and completely forgot, its worth checking out this wikipedia link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_arc_waste_disposal
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
Sorry muggins I ran out of time and completely forgot, its worth checking out this wikipedia link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_arc_waste_disposal

Ain't that the stuff that Frankenstein was made of ?
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
I don't know to be honest chav, I don't really know a great deal about frankenstein apart from frankenstein was the name of the doctor not the monster.

The incinerator itself is a smart piece of kit from what I've read about it, the only concern I'd have about it would be the hydrogen extraction and storage as hydrogen likes to combust violently

Offline swindoncentric

Graham Mack called out the claim of Shadow Flicker on a campaigner on the air this week!

Go Graham! Blogged here : http://swindoncentric.blogspot.com/2011/08/power-of-ignoring-facts-mack-flicks-off.html